Someone Help Me Make Sense Of This Game Please

KVXX

This will probably end up being a long ass rant post but this game is beyond frustrating. I originally started BnS a few days ago solely for the PvP, I was planning on dabbling in PvE later if I liked the PvP and so far after about 150 matches I can't really say that I like it. I leveled two characters up to 50, FM and Destoyer, although I have not gotten any Hongmoon levels yet. Every class I run into seems to have some ridiculous mechanic that I can't figure out how to counter or play around. I'm going to just list out some things that I am currently having trouble with, and I'm sure that there are tons more things that I am having trouble with but do not understand yet because I'm not good.

Blade Dancers -They are just constantly spinning and I can't hit them with anything, if I even try I get countered or my approach is resisted and I can't run away because they just use phantom grip or any of their ranged engages, and anytime they touch me I'm forced to use multiple defensive cooldowns to not instantly get tech chased and 100-0'd by lightning draw, and if I do avoid the tech chase then they just instantly go back to spinning around Resisting literally everything

Warlock - Pet just constantly tech chases for them, unbreakable aerial combo that basically just kills me, constantly have a block or counter up or something that resists crowd control again

KFM/SF - Counter everything, I land a cc force a tab break or any other defensive cooldown, and then they are back up countering everything, and if I hit into one counter I have to blow a shit ton of defensive cooldowns to not get 100-0'd which inevitably happens anyway.

Assassin - Depending on the person they are just always in stealth, even spinning on top of them with Destroyer doesn't unstealth them sometimes cause they just evade my attacks and just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ me up the entire match and I can't even see them

Just in general this game seems to have a problem with people using macros and smurfs at Silver/Gold level, run into this same level 48 Destroyer who had like perfect animation cancels and tech chases, and it was literally impossible for me to do anything in ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing Silver. I'm constantly running into these godlike KFM players that just 100-0 me in the first 30 seconds of the match, and on the rare occasion that the person I'm fighting isn't smurfing, playing a WL or Sin, or using macros, I actually enjoy regardless if it's a win or loss the game actually feels fair and when I lose I can actually see why I lost instead of just getting killed by some guy using macros for animation cancels or someone that clearly doesn't belong in silver

https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyEasyReindeerPanicVis

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanTardySoymilkBlargNaut

I don't understand how any of this is even fair, majority of my arena matches are against one of these classes above or just some godly player that obviously shouldn't be in Silver but for whatever reason they are. Anytime I ask for help in game people just say "git gud" or some other cancerous remark that doesn't help me at all so I'm literally left with no other direction but to hopefully get help from someone on here and just losing hundreds upon hundreds of matches. I don't mind losing matches and grinding, but what's the point if nothing makes sense and I can't get a straight answer out of anyone in the community on how to play around some of these seemingly retarded mechanics.

Ye there are a lot of high gold and plat level players that for some reason stuck in silver. I mean... I am low gold player and during the pvp event i was losing half of my matches on purpose, so i can stay in silver and farm daily arena quest quickly. But i rarely met another afk in 1x1. Much more often i met skilled players that are obviously from higher ranks. But if they are that good and still in silver - how is that i almost don't met them when they are making derank? How are they even able to stay in silver?
I don't know.
Maybe i am just unlucky.
But anyway. You can't do anything with how the arena is. There always will be THAT kind of guy out there on 1500 rank with 46lvl char that will iframe everything and read you like an open book.
Deal with it.

And about other classes skills - you just have to learn them all. You should make lvl 50 char of all the classes that are hard for you to fight against and play with them. That way you can closely learn them and predict their behavior in arena. Also you can find a better class for yourself that will become your main. BD is rough opponent but very fun class to play as. Same goes for most of them.

Pvp in this game can be treated in a simular way to chess, its all bout outplaying your opponent. providing your ping in good, u can start off by learning the basic flavour for each class.for eg, BD - we both know they love to spin as its one of there methods of defence that has a 0.5 sec parry window at the beginning of each spin. though it makes them immune to hard and med cc (stun and daze) it is susceptible to knockdown, making kd ur viable option for dealing with it. also note that skills in general comes at a cost ie focus so providing that you keep your cool, and can stall long enough they will run out of focus makeing them a sitting duck (though majority would have done something b4 this happens).

That is just a small insight on how to approach pvp in bns, knowledge is key to victory in bns, everyclass has a chink in there mechanic that can be used to turn the tide. just remember this final rule, space out ur defence skill properly so u dont get checkmated, ur tab escape is ur only true wild card, and if u used it early in the fight......... well.......just know that a plyer that know what they doing will be coming for [edited - PhoenixMitra]

Also a small advice - you shouldn't cap your fps on 60. This game has very bad frame pacing so you will have random duplicate frames on 60hz monitor with that fps. The game will be smoother with 120 fps cap - there will be no duplicats. Also 120fps will slightly lessen overall game latency.

13 hours ago, Nyaha said:

Ye there are a lot of high gold and plat level players that for some reason stuck in silver. I mean... I am low gold player and during the pvp event i was losing half of my matches on purpose, so i can stay in silver and farm daily arena quest quickly. But i rarely met another afk in 1x1. Much more often i met skilled players that are obviously from higher ranks. But if they are that good and still in silver - how is that i almost don't met them when they are making derank? How are they even able to stay in silver?
I don't know.
Maybe i am just unlucky.
But anyway. You can't do anything with how the arena is. There always will be THAT kind of guy out there on 1500 rank with 46lvl char that will iframe everything and read you like an open book.
Deal with it.

And about other classes skills - you just have to learn them all. You should make lvl 50 char of all the classes that are hard for you to fight against and play with them. That way you can closely learn them and predict their behavior in arena. Also you can find a better class for yourself that will become your main. BD is rough opponent but very fun class to play as. Same goes for most of them.

So I should basically make a like 6 or 7 more level 50 characters and play all of them? That doesn't seem efficient, and I don't have the character slots for it. The tooltips on like half the abilities in the game are really messed up it seems so it's pretty hard to tell exactly what the abilities do. The classes I'm most interested in are FM and Destroyer, and possibly Summoner and Gunslinger. Other than that I don't really think I want to level any of those other classes. There aren't really any like "definitive" guides, but I guess I could watch class guides on all of the classes, and just figure out their strengths and weaknesses that way. I just kinda feel like the BnS community in general is lacking entry level/beginner resources. If I'm wrong about that please tell me because I'm really not sure where to start. Thanks for your reply

13 hours ago, Nyaha said:

Also a small advice - you shouldn't cap your fps on 60. This game has very bad frame pacing so you will have random duplicate frames on 60hz monitor with that fps. The game will be smoother with 120 fps cap - there will be no duplicats. Also 120fps will slightly lessen overall game latency.

I have terrible performance with this game and I constantly sink under 60 FPS, i5-6600k oc to 4.5, GTX 1070, 16 gb RAM, and I also stream the game. I didn't want to constantly deal with frame drops and I have a 144hz monitor so just in general playing under 144 fps feels like shit, so I just capped it at 60. I'll try uncapping it and see if it makes a difference. Thanks

On 19.9.2017 at 9:08 AM, KVXX said:

Blade Dancers -They are just constantly spinning and I can't hit them with anything, if I even try I get countered or my approach is resisted and I can't run away because they just use phantom grip or any of their ranged engages, and anytime they touch me I'm forced to use multiple defensive cooldowns to not instantly get tech chased and 100-0'd by lightning draw, and if I do avoid the tech chase then they just instantly go back to spinning around Resisting literally everything

Warlock - Pet just constantly tech chases for them, unbreakable aerial combo that basically just kills me, constantly have a block or counter up or something that resists crowd control again

KFM/SF - Counter everything, I land a cc force a tab break or any other defensive cooldown, and then they are back up countering everything, and if I hit into one counter I have to blow a shit ton of defensive cooldowns to not get 100-0'd which inevitably happens anyway.

Assassin - Depending on the person they are just always in stealth, even spinning on top of them with Destroyer doesn't unstealth them sometimes cause they just evade my attacks and just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ me up the entire match and I can't even see them

Against bd and spinning classes you can use(as destro) number 1, z pull or 4 knockdown ability to catch them. If you can iframe their soaring falcon that heavily reduce their chi generation and that way spinning. Learn animations what every iframe looks like. You want most likely trade your iframe against opponent iframes. Once you grab bd, they will most likely use flock of blades getting out of it. Try use all your other cc and anicancel before grab your opponent. You can prevent  getting knocked back by flock of blades if you use your skill almost instantly or pressing your tab spin or using emberstomp knockback immunity or ss after grab. You have two escapes and bd have only one escape (+ grab escape) that mean their escape is more valuable than your escape. Even with blue buff destroyer can 100 - 0 if you know how to anicancel and combo. 

Against warlock try break cc instantly if warlock catch you with tab escape or e button(blue buff) use defensive spin reduce pve damage. Using parry spin is sure suicide against that class, Try use f charge skill that help same time catch them and break their block. If you are close to them you can instantly grab them or use 4 knock down skill. Against sanctum they are not immune against knockback so you can try use knockback red spin get them away from it. Try avoid hitting their block and spin around their block because that allow them instantly knock you into air if they have specced knock up instead iframe block. 

Against kfm their counter have small open window so you can stun them between counters.  If you hit counter they are immune against everything next 1 sec and immune against stun/daze next 2 seconds so dont try waste these skills if you suddenly hit their counter- KFM strafe abilities are different than any other class. THey get 1 sec iframe after strafes that mean dont try attack kfm 1 sec afetr they have strafed left or right. Spinning near kfm while they are strafing let them have tripple kick and max agility that make them evade attacks and it is even harder catch them. After kfm ss(backstep) they usually try knockdown you after. By avoiding that you can try use 2 iframe/stun try catch them or avoid getting cc by using any other iframe.

Against sf their counter have 3/6 sec cooldown depends what build they use, but they have double strafes each stance (but these strafes not have 1 sec resist after animation like kfm). Sf can do literally nothing in long range against destroyer win neutral game, but in close range they try knock you down. After strafe in kfm stance they can knock you down if you hit on their strafe and as spinning class you naturally hit them with your spin ability(it is trigger) so that place is the best time use your iframes(like c iframe). Against emberstomp sf can not do anything but try pve you. They can not win neutral game befor emberstomp duration is over. 

Against sin it is good to know stealth skill usually last 6 seconds and then stealth disappear if they can not make new one. Dont spin close to them because they can use decoy that give them free iframe + free 6 second stealth again.  You can see sin even if he is in stealth. If you see them backstep in stealth they will most likely teleport behind your back very soon. If they throw dagger on you in stealth and you have purple debuff that last few seconds try run away and spin/iframe because they can daze you instantly as long you have that debuff. Try use z pull that not need targeting against sin so you can pull them away from stealth. Many sins in low rating use bolt strike in neutral game. That skill jump behind you + stun + extend stealth by 6 seconds. However this skill is very slow and you can react for it and try turn around 180 and use number 2 skill stun them or number 4 kd them.

Would take ages explain everything, but  try learn from bnstree https://bnstree.com/ what abilities are doing especially iframes. Lean how many seconds iframes last, animations, icons and cooldowns. Many class have some kind of 5 sec or 5 hit iframe like sf, wl, gs, des, bd etc- Easiest it is learn if you play the class yourself but you can also learn by playing the game but that take time. If you can spar somebody that explain their class it will probably help as well. 

Most important to know is your basic combo and how to anicancel and kill your opponent. It does not matter if you can catch your opponent if you can not combo and kill them. Tech chasing is really important as well because if you can not tech chase all your dazes are wasted and you are back into neutral game. Ground game is important as well so you know how to avoid hitting ground counter like hitting ground counter against sin will give them free 6 sec stealth. 

Btw in your clips those players definitely looks silver players to be honest. KFM used pve searing palm and destro can not do more than 50% with fury. Even i can 100 - 0 with fury and i play destro once in year. 

PS English is not my national language. 

Archived