Suggestion for a NEW Major Event.

GodofDemise

Hey there Community, GMs and devs.

I'd like for the possibility of an anime event in the future for obvious reasons. 

Anime is widely accepted throughout the world and it would make more memories than any trove would make for us.

This is the opportunity to bring a new style of events to the game. Instead of having the event based in Cross Server, why not show off the BnS World as a crossover with some of the major animes. It would be heaps more fun than just doing the daily challenges.

7 minutes ago, Milennin said:

Why crossovers? There's already a Blade & Soul anime.

Animes do crossovers just for fun. and It would be a nice change of pace for the game. instead of blasting away enemies you can take out players in a game of dodgeball or something, even volleyball or golf. or something like a treasure hunt or board game. you play as characters from an anime and do something fun that can set the pace of the game at a different level.

• NCSOFT

Hello GodofDemise,

Doing collaboration events with other anime is something rather tricky to pull out in the West. Licensing fees typically aren't cheap and contracts are often fairly hard to negotiate without giving away a sizeable amount of royalties. While this can usually be done in Asia due to how mainstream anime is, proving its return on investment in the West is terribly harder.

There's still a massive gap between "widely accepted" and "part of your everyday life" and we just cannot afford to run a collaboration events unless we are certain that they are financially viable. 

While the idea on its own is great, it's unfortunately not something within our reach right now :(

I suggest NCSoft to invest more in merchandising, poster, shirts, plush, and above all i would like to be able to extract my character 3d model and do a 3d print to make a customizable action figures.

I think that this kind of service would please a lot of BnS fans ;)

I personally would love to see costumes from like FF15 and FF7 in game (I mean they already 100% ripped off Cloud's hair for the male Jin.) I would throw money at that with in seconds of the outfit being released.. give my Zack and Cloud actual SOLDIER uniforms. But the licencing i'm sure would be astronomical.. more then BnS west could afford. Hell I think only two companies have been able to work with them on the FF series and that's the guys who do AC and Disney. 

10 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Hello GodofDemise,

Doing collaboration events with other anime is something rather tricky to pull out in the West. Licensing fees typically aren't cheap and contracts are often fairly hard to negotiate without giving away a sizeable amount of royalties. While this can usually be done in Asia due to how mainstream anime is, proving its return on investment in the West is terribly harder.

There's still a massive gap between "widely accepted" and "part of your everyday life" and we just cannot afford to run a collaboration events unless we are certain that they are financially viable. 

While the idea on its own is great, it's unfortunately not something within our reach right now :(

Dear NCSoft, Thank you for responding to this thread. I can assure you, due to my personal experience in other games. Doing something like this is quite fun and interesting for the community. I give you one example of a MMORPG That has done this in the past and has had success from it. Mabinogi, a game made by Nexon and has previously co-operated with the makers of Fate/Stay Night and Sword Art Online to produce a fun and exciting event for the game. I was there for the Fate/Stay Night event, But heard about the Sword Art Online event through gamers that played through the event. For the Fate/Stay Night event. They put a heap of Items in their store for the people who wished to buy cosmetic items, but also gave some away as well. They pulled it off really well. they may or may not have made profit from it, but the community sure enjoyed it. So that makes me believe they made a profit from it.

People don't know how much they will have to spent on licensing fee to the anime (we are talking about few hundred thousand to millions dollars fee). To be honest, they earn much more from trove event than hosting an anime crossover event. Why? Assume both events have same income but trove event is completely free, but anime crossover event's expense is huge. This is an online game company. They go to whichever business plan/event that can give them the maximum profit. Who doesn't want to have double salary or bonus near the end of year if you are the employee of the company?

It shouldn't just be about them though, thats the thing. The community might want a nice event like this, even if it is once a year. It's what makes the company who they are. When people see that the anime is an event there will be people coming to the game that are interested in the anime that will bring more sales.

Archived