Advice Please.

Hi there, I haven't played since November 2015 I believe and I'm trying to get back into the game. I made my old character 50 from 45 with yellow quests and then I rerolled a Gunslinger. I've gotten to 50 - 8 HM, but I've run out of quests to do solo, I've got some Orange quests that require some instances that I can't seem to access in cross-server partymaking. I'm unsure where to go from here, every time I ask someone in game their responses are vague or trolly. I've been told I need to gear up, but I'm unsure where I should do that. I'm not a huge fan of instance PvE so I'd like to know the most efficient way to go about all of this. I love the graphics of the game but I find myself lacking things to do. I'm not looking for any kind of carry or handout, I just don't know where to start with progressing.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

After the the NPC quests, the "only" quest you have is to upgrade your gear.  You will need to run dungeons with others to progress.  A clan can help a lot with this.

Get on the current weapon track:  Since you've been gone so long, you probably have a weapon that has been removed from the current upgrade path.  You may need to salvage it to get the current weapon.  If it doesn't say it will salvage into another weapon (or two), DON'T SALVAGE IT. 

Check your gear status against dungeon difficulty:  Hit P to bring up the Character Status page.  The Attributes tab will appear first and while you are here, set up your Hongmoon points if you haven't already.  Click on the "Play Infographic" tab.  Your gear will appear next to the highest dungeon it is suitable for.  This is a rough guide and people will frequently set AP requirements for parties in F8 higher than that.  Usually if you know the mechanics you will be OK.  (See  BnS Academy for mechanics, etc.)  The dungeons in those orange quests will also appear here. 

With this info you can see what dungeons you can run.  Compare that to the materials called out in the Equipment Upgrade Paths.  This will tell you what dungeons you need to run.  Run the dungeons you can run until you can run the dungeons you need to run. 

You'll want to do the Daily/Weekly Challenges as much as possible.

Also pay attention to your other gear like soul shields.  You'll probably want to try for the Midnight Skypetal Plains ones first.  Soon, you'll be ready to run the end game dungeons and raids for legendary accessories.

Also, you may want to check out the Training Room feature at F12 to help bring you up to speed on skill changes too.

Gogo Cricket!!  :)

P.S.  The latest update is the Gunslinger; patch notes here.

Archived