Slots in Weapon

Grimstar

Hi, i havent played BnS since the Ebondrake Citadel / Desolate Tomb patch. And i remember the main reason for me quiting back then, was all the work i had to put into my weapon (when stage 6 was max), reaching stage 4, and still only having 3 slots. When i tried upgrading to stage 5, i still only had 3 slots, and had to use legendary gem hammers to get my 4th. Shortly after i kinda rage quit, cause i couldnt handle seeing my guildies/friends getting 6 slots at stage 3 without any effort.

I thought i would give BnS another try, but then i remembered all this again. I calculated that if i wanted to have 6 slots, i would have to buy 37 (15 + 22) legendary gem hammers. At 40g each in market. That would be around 1500g. Which kinda wanna makes me quit before i even started. Cause who would want to grind weeks for something others get for free?

Isnt there another way to get 6 slots? Is it still all RNG?

I just kept upgrading a bunch of unrefined scaleburn weapons to stage 1 legendary until I got one with 6 slots for my gunner. It took me about 10 tries before I got 6 slots, though I did get 5 slot weapons three times before then. In the long run, I'd say restarting from scaleburn until you get 5 or 6 slots on stage 1 probably saves you more money than continuing a 3 slot, stage 4 weapon; unless you're feeling lucky on your upgrades. 

20 minutes ago, Displeased said:

I just kept upgrading a bunch of unrefined scaleburn weapons to stage 1 legendary until I got one with 6 slots for my gunner. It took me about 10 tries before I got 6 slots, though I did get 5 slot weapons three times before then. In the long run, I'd say restarting from scaleburn until you get 5 or 6 slots on stage 1 probably saves you more money than continuing a 3 slot, stage 4 weapon; unless you're feeling lucky on your upgrades. 

I was thinking about doing this aswel. However I have no clue where I can purchase the scaleburn, care to share that? :)

18 hours ago, Displeased said:

Well, back when stage 6 was max, it took me months to get to stage 5. I could start over, but it would be such a pain in the a**.

How long do u think it will take me to get to stage 5 again? And how much money would it cost with the current ratios?

1 hour ago, Grimstar said:

Well, back when stage 6 was max, it took me months to get to stage 5. I could start over, but it would be such a pain in the a**.

How long do u think it will take me to get to stage 5 again? And how much money would it cost with the current ratios?

It's easier to get Stage 6 now than it was before.

They reduced the costs pretty much by 3x than it was before and the items needed are easier to open via dungeons. All you'd have to do is put out the effort to just do dungeons to get said materials.

uTvyAi5.png

This is what's needed now to go from Stage 1 to 6 with the appropriate weapons of course.

All the materials on this list(minus Transformation stones) are obtain via dungeons. And since you've been gone they've added a lot to the Storyline quests so you'll get even more materials plus more gold if you choose to start over or continue from your old main character.

• 4 weeks later...

I really dont understand that there arent more people complaining about these slots.

Yesterday i upgraded my weapon from stage 5 to 6, after grinding masts for 2 weeks to find my wildwater bangle. And still only have 4 slots...

I could have had 20 ap more, since the gems are waiting for me in my bank, how the hell is this fair??

3 minutes ago, Milennin said:

I had to use gem hammers to unlock slot 4 and slot 5, and then was lucky enough to have slot 6 unlock around stage 10. The RNG aspect on it is stupid, yeah.

Before you were forced to use gem hammers to get anything above 3 slots. then they changed it and added the RNG chance of you unlocking more when upgrading the weapon which already made it a lot easier.

You can always buy the hammers or get them from events, the rng aspect to it is just a "nice to have" there is still a sure way of gem hammers. So i am not sure what you expect.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Before you were forced to use gem hammers to get anything above 3 slots. then they changed it and added the RNG chance of you unlocking more when upgrading the weapon which already made it a lot easier.

You can always buy the hammers or get them from events, the rng aspect to it is just a "nice to have" there is still a sure way of gem hammers. So i am not sure what you expect.

So, u are basicly saying that 80% of the players who have 6 slots at stage 2 or 3 just got something extra which isnt necessary? While the other 20% who were unlucky just have to suck it up and grind 1500g to unlock the last 2 slots? U do know u need 15 gem hammers for slot 5 and 22 gem hammers for slot 6. For something others get for free? Good luck getting all those from events.

U ask me what i expect, these slots shouldnt be RNG, everybody who reaches stage 6 should have 6 slots, there is already enough RNG getting all your other stuff.

Whats the point of all the gems u get from events, if u cant even equip them...

Of course I complain.

At Dawnforge stage5 get my 5th socket, but no because rng but I finally get 15 hammers (some of them get from my clan friends).
Now I have raven 6, and still have 5 socket.
So THIS RNG SYSTEM IS ***** BULL****

*****frustrating
****tail :P
to not be "[moderated for language]" :P

I totally agree that everybody who reaches stage 10(even12)* should have 6 slots
*stage6 now is relay easy so could be 10-12, but not raven 6 with 5 socket and 5th is only because I unlock this with hammers

16 hours ago, Grimstar said:

So, u are basicly saying that 80% of the players who have 6 slots at stage 2 or 3 just got something extra which isnt necessary? While the other 20% who were unlucky just have to suck it up and grind 1500g to unlock the last 2 slots? U do know u need 15 gem hammers for slot 5 and 22 gem hammers for slot 6. For something others get for free? Good luck getting all those from events.

U ask me what i expect, these slots shouldnt be RNG, everybody who reaches stage 6 should have 6 slots, there is already enough RNG getting all your other stuff.

Whats the point of all the gems u get from events, if u cant even equip them...

Alone from the Jinsoyun gift box event i got 2 x 5 legendary gem hammer bundles and i got 4 legendary hammers from an earlier event aswel.

I fail to see your point, cause had they not added the "extra" in form of rng sockets then you would have to buy the gem hammers anyway, what would you complain about then?

Sorry to say but tough luck if you didnt get them, some people actually rolled baleful -> seraph and back to unlock extra sockets as that came out cheaper. Personally i think slots above 4 should not be given guaranteed, they could add gem hammers to for ecample the tower of memory rewards and such so you still have to work for it.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Alone from the Jinsoyun gift box event i got 2 x 5 legendary gem hammer bundles and i got 4 legendary hammers from an earlier event aswel.

I fail to see your point, cause had they not added the "extra" in form of rng sockets then you would have to buy the gem hammers anyway, what would you complain about then?

Sorry to say but tough luck if you didnt get them, some people actually rolled baleful -> seraph and back to unlock extra sockets as that came out cheaper. Personally i think slots above 4 should not be given guaranteed, they could add gem hammers to for ecample the tower of memory rewards and such so you still have to work for it.

Well, maybe i should have asked support for a reroll, like 50% of the players did a year ago. A rl friend of mine logged in last week, got his free legendary weapon, made it stage 1, and ended up with 6 slots, while he doesnt even play serieus. Another rl friend has 2 alts, all of his 3 characters had 6 slots at stage 2. Almost everybody i know ingame has had 6 slots by the time they reached stage 6. And u are telling me, u dont see a reason i should complain??

U said u got 14 legendary gem hammers from 2 events, split over 3-4 months, well i bet u can do the math and count how long it would take to get 37 of those..

• 2 weeks later...

Thats exatly the reason im thinking of quit the game, my baleful is at stage 7 still 3 slot while my friend got 6 slot at stage 1 on both chars he plays. I asked for suport for revert since ive upgrade mine 1 day before they announce the reduced cost on this new patch, and ill be upgrading again till stage 12, if it stays at 3 slot ill quit. Its just super retarded system. They lower cost of obtaining the gems but make it so some ppl have to pay 1500g for slots while other get them for free at stage 1 ; 2 or 3.. 

1 hour ago, bloodmage said:

Thats exatly the reason im thinking of quit the game, my baleful is at stage 7 still 3 slot while my friend got 6 slot at stage 1 on both chars he plays. I asked for suport for revert since ive upgrade mine 1 day before they announce the reduced cost on this new patch, and ill be upgrading again till stage 12, if it stays at 3 slot ill quit. Its just super retarded system. They lower cost of obtaining the gems but make it so some ppl have to pay 1500g for slots while other get them for free at stage 1 ; 2 or 3.. 

Don't give up too soon, I didn't get all 6 slots unlocked on my gunner until stage 9 while my kfm got all 6 on stage 2

start a new weapon.

farming peaches gives tablets moon/elys/sac/ss xtals right now. they removed the xanos discs and taikhan skinz and put the pouches from the lower purple dungeons in there instead.

trans stones are 10g or less in AH

IMO, really cheap to get a new weapon up to the place where u hit the super transform stones, and other fun stuff.

use the the weapon u have for the peachment farm and hang in there for a week or two

edit: all the upgrade weapons are super cheap at celestial peach vendor also.   keys can drop in daily dash too, but at so few peaches per weapon, especially the low ones, you could roll some of those too and see if you can save 90g for a key

----------------------------------------------------------

*Little advice for down the road: it doesn't cost w/e 4-5k gold to make a hept any longer.  check out the revamped gem system.

The implication here is that EVERYONE has total access to full 6 oct gems now, whether u farm money, farm the daily dash and dungeons, or whale it with your American excuse card.

as w/e 3-6 months pass, anyone with <6 sockets potentially is 25ish AP behind per socket (or more with diamonds and aquas, or elemental obsidian damage) plus the specific gem tricks like extra crits or various recoveries.

The Shalomar unit gets the tar beat out of her. I'll go after any boss I can get at, and some don't play nice, but the gems and all those crazy recoveries (46% def dmg reduction helps too but) add sooo much to survivability

in fact, u can salvage gems into powder then get a new, different gem

I had a hex citrine from maybe the f10 store pents.., anyway, it is more of an attack gem , and I needed more defensive recovery, so I swapped it for a hex peridot: for free. how nice is that?

9 minutes ago, Zagaroth said:

so if i have seraph 12 with 6 slot gem unlock, when i go to raven3 or riftwalk3 all my 6 gem slot will be reset again?

all of the responses I have heard/read say:

once you have sockets you cant lose any, only rng chance to add a missing socket if you still have <6

Archived