Sign in to follow this  
Maginbolo

Launcher start up time

Is it normal after you log into the launcher with email/password and than click play for it to take about 10 to 15 minutes for the game to start after clicking play?

10-15 Min Start-Up. So i guess you have HDD and Sounds like a dying HDD or Just Slow overall. You can download benchmark to check performance and health. I'd recommend you getting an SSD. 

And If you have An SSD and it takes you 10-15 Min to load. then again it's either dying or you have wrong settings in BIOS. By Default. installing SSD for first time is set to IDE which needs to be changed to ACHI to get most out of it. Or ACHI+Raid if you have multiple installed. 

Edited by SayhaSeer

Muscy   

and a year on. with a high end gaming PC.. startup still takes 10 minutes.  installation takes hours.  

I am very keen to try out this game, but optimisation and preloading is poor af. 

game looks stunning though.

I'm currently loading in from a 7 years old hdd and it loads in 3 to 5 minutes. Your problem @op is with your specific hardware. Post your specs.

Edited by MassiveEgo

It takes about 40 minutes for me xD

CPU 1%, RAM 1,2 GB, SSD 0....

Other games/programs starting in seconds.

Boottime 8,2 seconds^^

But on my old laptop with HDD and windows 7 it starts in about 3 minutes...

RavTH   

yes it takes usually 5-20mins for everyone, it's rng tbh...

The 64bit client is notoriously long in launching to the character lobby. For me, it would take 3 to 5 minutes. However, the 32bit client is extremely fast, normally 15 to 30 seconds.

Furthermore, the 64bit client, at least on my end, does not allow my FPS to go above 36FPS away from crowds or staying out of Zaiwei (its even worse 3 to 10FPS). However, the 32bit client, I have 120fps on avg with some deviations. 

They really need to look at their 64bit client and see why it works for some and not for others. This is the ONLY MMO I have an issue with a 64bit client.

KosiSLN   

I hate how NCSOFT keep lying to people. Recommended setup is: 4gb ram, quadcore cpu and graphics like HD 4xxx and if you really want to play smoothly u need at least midend PC from this year. The best part is that changing graphics doesn't affect FPS and gameplay its just poorly optimized. Still some people say thats because of its old engine. Well then why revelations online (same engine) launching in 10 secs, loading time is same and i have graphics maxed out ? And BNS - random crashes, random FPS drops, launching time longer than actual gaming time coz i crash often after 10 minutes. Support wont help me, i gave  them lot of information they just tried to tell me that's something wrong with my system ! After all i didn't get solution (it's like - ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off go buy new pc ) ... Believe me my old rig really can keep up with tasks and BNS should be much better optimized. I got solution for Crash with bns buddy but i can't force it to work now... 

Theya ren't lying. I play with max texture and 4 details 3 shadow most time, all looks awesome, I only use a gt 740 2GB, CPU 4 GB RAM and SSD 500 GB, this is enough for me to do any raid, anything with no lag at all, as long as I have good internet, 100ping and below, and starting bns takes me 30 seconds.

You just need to upgrade your hard disk, go for a SSD at least 120gb it will make a big difference trust me! 

RavTH   

Keep it in mind that the System Requirements for this game are for the version from 2012.
So more content + translated client might be more requiring of a better system than what it used to have.

KosiSLN   
5 hours ago, RavTH said:

Keep it in mind that the System Requirements for this game are for the version from 2012.
So more content + translated client might be more requiring of a better system than what it used to have.

Of course i do, but i think they should update requirements aswell... I think this game is getting more unstable at any patch. Just downloaded game to see if its better and got crash after trying to switch my character. 

System: Core2Quad @ 3.5GHz OC,  HD7870 2gb, 8gb ram, SSD Kingston 240gb. 

Don't tell me that 2012 game requires more than this specs because i play Black desert with better stability and performance than this...

On 1/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, KosiSLN said:

got crash after trying to switch my character. 

If you get a Crash when you click "Change Character" it's your Internet Problem, Try Changing Router, When I changed From one ISP to Another, I used to get Crash every time I change Character or Loading into a different zone, ISP sent me a New Router and never had a single crash since.

Edited by SayhaSeer
Useless Auto correct

RavTH   
15 hours ago, KosiSLN said:

Of course i do, but i think they should update requirements aswell... I think this game is getting more unstable at any patch. Just downloaded game to see if its better and got crash after trying to switch my character. 

System: Core2Quad @ 3.5GHz OC,  HD7870 2gb, 8gb ram, SSD Kingston 240gb. 

Don't tell me that 2012 game requires more than this specs because i play Black desert with better stability and performance than this...

ye it's cause the game likes to think you are away when you go to change character select screen, and also even with my 2012 build I happen to run BDO better than BnS for some reaosn but the combat in that game is so bad.