Gunslinger Animations

Viblo

The running animation for Gunslinger needs... work.

Right after I completed my Yun preset and entered the game, I thought: "what a janky running animation". Yun usually has more distinctive movement animations compared to something like Jin, and while some people don't like them, I don't mind them with the exception being on the Gunslinger.

It would be great seeing some improvements on it!

This is just the regular yun default running animation that isn't linked to a specific class. Our yun's running animation was changed though, forgot the reason for it since I really do think this one fits the yun way more and looks better. 

The animation is normal, what's making it look so strange is the very off proportions of the yuns body in this video. You have a super skinny torso on top of extremely large hips for a yun. while the top arms are normal the bottom half of the arms are farther out to prevent clipping through the hips.. that on top of the arms being anorexia level skinny and alien long just make the entire run animation look wonky. 

My other Yun, a Force Master, still runs the way she used to before the patch. Only my Gunslinger Yun runs like the above video. Personally, I very much dislike the running animation of the Gunslinger Yun. Makes her look like she's flopping her legs out to the side. I would like to see the Gunslinger Yuns run the same as the other Yuns for us.

12 hours ago, RavTH said:

????
all I see is skin and bones.

11 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

The animation is normal, what's making it look so strange is the very off proportions of the yuns body in this video. You have a super skinny torso on top of extremely large hips for a yun. while the top arms are normal the bottom half of the arms are farther out to prevent clipping through the hips.. that on top of the arms being anorexia level skinny and alien long just make the entire run animation look wonky. 

Yes, that would explain it! The body was randomized (I'm terrible with Yuns) while the face was by me. 

Do you know if the premade body types works better?

10 hours ago, Viblo said:

Yes, that would explain it! The body was randomized (I'm terrible with Yuns) while the face was by me. 

Do you know if the premade body types works better?

I honestly could not tell you, I have yet to use a premade anything except for a base face for my Zack Fair SF cause it was sort of close already just needed some tweeking here and there. Bodies I have always set myself. The only Yun I have ever made and kept (i deleted my KFM yun cause I hated not only the class but how she looked) I spent hours in character creator tweeking her face and body. Though i got pissed off eventually and said good enough.. yuns are as bad as gon on making their body proportionate. 

unknown.png?width=828&height=446

Yun are definitely really hard to make proportionate. I always have trouble with the lower area. For me the hips are either too small or too big, or the legs too short or too long.

McppsIP.jpg

uLcPFz5.jpg

Wish I could've gotten some better fullbody photos but.. this'll do I suppose. I ended up making her lower half on the thicker side for some unknown reason, but I think the proportions are okay. This took me longer than I'd like to admit, same with Gon. I have yet to make a proportionate Gon, I just gave up after an hour or so. Proportions DO help with the walking animation, though, from personal experience.

Archived