Cor

Compensation for old materials is a joke

Cor   

Just saw this on twitter:

How the heck can you compensate something that costs 10g crafting fee, 3 soulstone and 3 sacred orb with 5 soulstone and 1 moonstone!? That's like a 8g loss and i assume that won't be the only material compensation that will be a slap in the face of anyone still having old materials. Who the heck comes up with this crap? Old crafting mats should be exchanged for the fee and mats they used and not some other mats that are worth multiple times less.

Ummmm guys, you do realize that you could have just sold those cookies on the 9th while ppl were still buying them and not craft anymore? xD
I am sometimes really confused by how stupid ppl can be in this game

3 hours ago, AnchorSky said:

Ummmm guys, you do realize that you could have just sold those cookies on the 9th while ppl were still buying them and not craft anymore? xD
I am sometimes really confused by how stupid ppl can be in this game

thx chief, for saving me some typing.   ^THIS!^

Ignorance is not anyone else's fault.   I sold every last old mat/pickaxe/jar/quartz and whatever else for full price just 2 weeks ago or so because I paid attention and saw the writing on the wall.

Also, this is the first MMO I played that gave ANYTHING after an upgrade.  I would be way more hard edged if I ran this game.  No refunds period.

Every MMO I have ever played, the bottom always falls out of the gear progression when the original players hit the end of the game, or more importantly, the whales hit the end of the game.  Old obsolete stuff gets removed or changed. this is a universal fact.  

so, dear OP, remember this form of evolution that occurs in every MMO for when you try playing your second MMO sometime in the future. You will be much wiser and see the changes coming the second time around.

Cor   
6 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

thx chief, for saving me some typing.   ^THIS!^

Ignorance is not anyone else's fault.   I sold every last old mat/pickaxe/jar/quartz and whatever else for full price just 2 weeks ago or so because I paid attention and saw the writing on the wall.

Also, this is the first MMO I played that gave ANYTHING after an upgrade.  I would be way more hard edged if I ran this game.  No refunds period.

Every MMO I have ever played, the bottom always falls out of the gear progression when the original players hit the end of the game, or more importantly, the whales hit the end of the game.  Old obsolete stuff gets removed or changed. this is a universal fact.  

so, dear OP, remember this form of evolution that occurs in every MMO for when you try playing your second MMO sometime in the future. You will be much wiser and see the changes coming the second time around.

Oh look the whiteknights are here supporting every crap nc soft does. I sold all my stuff i did not make this topic to cry about personal loss i made it to point out the bs nc does. The one ignorant is you if you endorse this crap. This is not an upgrade where people later get a cost reduction it's a system revamp, you don't get your weapon taken away and handed a worse one when an update to it comes do you? Those are two completely different things and nc could have easily exchanged most old mats 1:1 without any loss or gain. That they didn't do this is completely unlogical and shows that they do not care about the players at all.

Fieryfly   

In this reality..  compensation is great.. given the fact being they DO NOT HAVE TO COMPENSATE US FOR ANYTHING. So take you compensation with a smile, a thank you NC.. and be done with it.. whiners cant complain enough.. nothing to see here folks move along..

Riss77   
25 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

In this reality..  compensation is great.. given the fact being they DO NOT HAVE TO COMPENSATE US FOR ANYTHING. So take you compensation with a smile, a thank you NC.. and be done with it.. whiners cant complain enough.. nothing to see here folks move along..

so true, in fact I don't remember any game I played where you get compensation after a system revamp.

13 hours ago, Shintensen said:

Wow, this is very mean. We have definitely a different definition for the word compensation. 

It will be a compensation, not a crafting revert. I still hope I'm gonna get some of my money back (couldn't sell all my stuff on time, cos I was crafting on 9 chars - still got some materials left). Not everyone have Premium rank 10 and can post thousands of auctions per day. Other than that? I didn't sell my Kaolin clay because of ridiculous market place price.

I'm not expecting full cost compensation, even if its logical. After all we spend gold and materials for those crafts and it was probably more than selling price after they announced this revamp update. My daily income dropped down about 35%, so thats alot. I wont even try to explain you, how unrewarding crafting in BnS was. You know it only when you are craft master. All this time to buy materials, send them over to alts, put crafts, track timers etc. Even gambling with some prices like soulstones etc (250x SS for transformation stones, lets say usual profit from 1 stone was 3g - buy soulstones for 2-3 silver more and you give up 1/3 of your gain).

People are dumb. Selling their crafted materials, they do not count crafting fees or market place fees. There were times, when it was actually cheaper to buy trans. stones, than craft them from mats you have.

Don't talk about other mmos without naming them. Or you are ashamed you compare BnS to some other crap games? I can only compare it to WoW - blizzard would never do something like this shity "crafting compensation". I'm raelly trying my best not to call it "crafting screw up". Peace

Gman   

I dont even want the mats back, but just the basic crafting costs. I got 4 or 5 Royal Dye's on one of my toons...What is the compensation for that --< 2 ss and one potion mostlikely :(

1 hour ago, Madscream said:

Don't talk about other mmos without naming them. Or you are ashamed you compare BnS to some other crap games? I can only compare it to WoW - blizzard would never do something like this shity "crafting compensation". I'm raelly trying my best not to call it "crafting screw up". Peace

if I recall properly, Blizzard was way more transparent when it comes to updates' content and changes: They displayed entire patch notes weeks before a major update. If a crafting or component change was done before an expansion pack (which rarely happened), they did indeed compensate people, and rightfully so.

And as every expansion pack was somehow a new begining for everyone, people didn't care much about what they loss in the process because they knew that they could end up being geared enough (or overgeared) for harder dungeons and raids in a matter of weeks if they played a lot, and that with a new expansion pack came new recipes, new gathering materials and new opportunities for those who could seize the market early. In BnS, there is no fresh start: Those who came late are at a disavantage and will most probably always be.

The situation is different, and thus, is handled differently, but it doesn't excuse the fact that this is a slap in the face of those who weren't able to log in for a few days before they locked the crafting/gathering.

Edited by Pyrocyborg