Frost FM or Fire FM?

iokunn

I wonder which one deal more DPS? that 300% attack damage with the Magnum Badge looks very promising but I dont really know if its good at it seems plus the "NO" global cooldown of the ice rain while cold snap looks better than the 1 second global cooldown of the brazing bean as well.

I wonder if any Ice Force Master could help me here please. Does Ice build deal more damage than Fire?

3 hours ago, Malign said:

Fire is better than ice for pretty much all PvE content (especially with the new VT mystic badge and soulshields). Ice isn't bad, but it's generally accepted that fire is better.

"generally accepted" by people who never tried it :D Dont assume things you have no idea how they work.

On topic: if we can compare the both builds main rotation (lb rb 2), ice rotation is faster if your ping is good enough. Just the basic rotation is not enough tho because ice rain does less dmg, so you put the other things in the scale here. Iceball is not  a complete skill yet but its coming soon so its gonna become even better. The new lime colored badge from KR is just OP for ice. And it can be combined with the blue one too. So to conclude this, ice build is gonna become better and better later on and in endgame (current KR endgame) both builds are in par with eachother.

The legendary badge benefits fire more, but the ss benefits ice more.

39 minutes ago, NightFer said:

"generally accepted" by people who never tried it :D Dont assume things you have no idea how they work.

On topic: if we can compare the both builds main rotation (lb rb 2), ice rotation is faster if your ping is good enough. Just the basic rotation is not enough tho because ice rain does less dmg, so you put the other things in the scale here. Iceball is not  a complete skill yet but its coming soon so its gonna become even better. The new lime colored badge from KR is just OP for ice. And it can be combined with the blue one too. So to conclude this, ice build is gonna become better and better later on and in endgame (current KR endgame) both builds are in par with eachother.

The legendary badge benefits fire more, but the ss benefits ice more.

So I'm assuming things that I don't know how they work? You even say yourself that fire is better atm in your post. You're right that I don't personally run ice build, and haven't had the chance to since I don't have the extra funds to invest in what I need to make it work, but that doesn't make me less of an expert on fire build. What I do know is there is only a handful of ice users and more fire users I can care to count. If Ice build was as superior as you seem to think it is I'd imagine more people would be ice build. Not to say that I don't know people who pull off ice build well, I just know more who pull off fire better. 

As far as ping goes if you have better ping you do more damage, period. If I have better ping than you I will do more damage regardless of what build you are. I have outdamaged true souls with crit soul cause of ping. Ping makes the entire argument moot cause the person with better ping will always do more damage unless he's has no idea what he's doing.

As far as the new soul badges in korea. We still have another 3 months in the current season before you can even start to earn those badges. Even once they're out you'll need to grind them and you'd have to buy the blue tokens which may rise in price cause i think gunner wants to use blue. The OP would be better off going fire and grinding the purple one in the 3rd part of the season and comboing it with the next seasons soul badge which is pretty good for fire too by letting us use our burst combo every 24 seconds or less.

Btw out of curiosity, when does snowball become a complete skill? What do you even mean by that. I'm honestly curious.

"Generally accepted."  Lots of things are generally accepted in life, doesn't make them true. Once, it was "generally accepted" that the world was flat.

OP, google this one. There was some indepth reddit posts on the DPS stats of each build. Maybe use those and extrapolate from there.

8 hours ago, Malign said:

So I'm assuming things that I don't know how they work? You even say yourself that fire is better atm in your post. You're right that I don't personally run ice build, and haven't had the chance to since I don't have the extra funds to invest in what I need to make it work, but that doesn't make me less of an expert on fire build. 

So you're an expert without maxing the build out? I see how this works. Means I'm an expert in the field of molecular biology. I've studied the thing, just haven't maxed it out. I like how your logic works. Everybody gets to be an expert!

4 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

Fire is better than ice for both pvp and pve. People who say ice is better in pvp are just bad fms who dont know how fire can be superior and worship snowball.

I have literally just started to fool around in arena with my fm a bit as i got impact a day ago. Dont really know how to properly play any matchup besides maybe sin and i cant really do all the combos. But to me the builds kinda seem about the same thing, except in icebuild your 2 daze is an ice skill, so it potentially stacks ice instead of fire, witch would be better, because frost orb op. I would not even consider snowball since the other thing kills blocks and spins. Not sure what the difference is yet. Id basically choose the exact same build and literally use the exact same skills in combos and for openings with either build...

Well, have to look that up at some point.

Okay since I'm apparently so misinformed let me do some clarifications. I used the term "generally accepted" because there actually is a case to be made for Ice build. Otherwise I would have just said hands down that fire is better. If you guys are gonna quote parse numbers on me please link em so I can see them cause I haven't.

Also remember that these builds need to be able to perform in practice like they do on paper. A long time ago people would argue that auto detonate was better than burn build, but the numbers only worked well on paper cause most people who used auto det couldn't use it effectively.

As far as not trying the build myself. Anyone here who actually has the funds and time to buy all the optimal badges and elemental accessories please do and send me your numbers. Clearly the Ice build master race has something to say here, and I as the lone fire build am biased.

7 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

Fire is better than ice for both pvp and pve. People who say ice is better in pvp are just bad fms who dont know how fire can be superior and worship snowball.

Ice is just much eassir to play. Why boother trying hard when you can perma lock destro and reck him then when at fire he can 100->0 you if he land at you full combo. same is with most other close combat classes. Ice is just much eassier. Most close combat classes dont stand chance vs ice.

4 hours ago, Malign said:

Okay since I'm apparently so misinformed let me do some clarifications. I used the term "generally accepted" because there actually is a case to be made for Ice build. Otherwise I would have just said hands down that fire is better. If you guys are gonna quote parse numbers on me please link em so I can see them cause I haven't.

Also remember that these builds need to be able to perform in practice like they do on paper. A long time ago people would argue that auto detonate was better than burn build, but the numbers only worked well on paper cause most people who used auto det couldn't use it effectively.

As far as not trying the build myself. Anyone here who actually has the funds and time to buy all the optimal badges and elemental accessories please do and send me your numbers. Clearly the Ice build master race has something to say here, and I as the lone fire build am biased.

I  have played both builds and I can say judging by my experience that ice is much harder to play based on the badges you have. Each badge adds another layer of difficulty to the build because you need to time things around. Everyone have the right to play whatever they want so Im not judging them. But when you come here and openly saying that ice is bad without even trying it, well, thats just stupid.

13 hours ago, Malign said:

Btw out of curiosity, when does snowball become a complete skill? What do you even mean by that. I'm honestly curious.

Because the hongmoon snowball is not out yet, and when that happens, that skill will become stronger than inferno.

2 hours ago, NightFer said:

I  have played both builds and I can say judging by my experience that ice is much harder to play based on the badges you have. Each badge adds another layer of difficulty to the build because you need to time things around. Everyone have the right to play whatever they want so Im not judging them. But when you come here and openly saying that ice is bad without even trying it, well, thats just stupid.

I haven't once said Ice is bad though? I said Ice wasn't bad. I'm not here dumping on Ice cause I think I'm some OP fire god. I'm genuinely curious about the numbers, and have admitted I can't say for certain. However, I do have an issue with people telling me that Ice is better than Fire w/o numbers to back me up while complaining I don't have the numbers myself. I even looked for a parse and I couldn't find one that seemed reasonable since they either weren't full build or were playing one or both builds sub optimally. If you have some piece of info I don't have on all this please I'm all ears. Idrc which one is better at the end of the day. I'm invested into fire build so fire build I'll stay. I was merely expressing my opinion to the OP when I was called out for "not knowing how things work"

Also when was that HM snowball skill released in KR? Was it with the lv 55 content cause if it was I must of missed it?

4 hours ago, Irisdina said:

Ice is just much eassir to play. Why boother trying hard when you can perma lock destro and reck him then when at fire he can 100->0 you if he land at you full combo. same is with most other close combat classes. Ice is just much eassier. Most close combat classes dont stand chance vs ice

I assume you're talking about the dest in ToI? Which skills do you use to lock him? They can spin out of freeze and parry behind them so I haven't been able to really figure it out other than sheer forcing it with having decent equips.

Fire and Ice are pretty much on par at this point. Fire is better for burst while Ice is better in aoe situations but over a long fight they will give similar numbers. You can honestly play what you like. Fire only for FM comes from a time before the skill revamp when fire was really the only way. Many people still hold on to that for some reason even though it's no longer true and has not been true for almost half a year now.

JUST MY OPINION

I started playing 1 year ago.  I only run one FM and only PvE except once in a while getting ganked on soulstone runs and doing actually really well against bigger badder bullies.

The original skill system(which I learned, and once learned, very cool to play) let you bounce back and forth between your fire and ice via "stances".

there were so many options to monkey up a boss, it was a blast.

OK, now the big change last spring. They dummy-fied the skills and further dumbed it down by assigning these faceroll skills into two categories: Ice and fire.

I originally went with fire, but I was missing half my tricks, and man was it slooooooooowwwwwwww.

So I tried that strange ice business which I never really favored.

I love my ice build.    And it is very fast, which is not just quick dps outlay but also a serious part of HP recovery, if you ever get really hammered by a big boss, just keep the L-R going and boom charge right back up. I don't drink pots, cuz don't really have to, and don't really ever have to break off the fight as a rule.

it is a survivor skill set for someone who is trying to pull off crap that is way out of their league haha.

Archived