FPS issue with Radeon RX480

Therapyx

Hello guys, I came back to the game one week ago with a new GC and having really troubles with FPS drops. I don't even talk about 24 ppl raids... For examle in Heaven's Mandate, If she casts her massive multiple aoe skill - fps drops to 5-10 from 80-100. It's just example, MSP is working only with CTRL+F.

Graphic Settings:

- All additional checkboxes are unchecked 

- Textures, Quality etc on max

- Shadow and shadow quality on lowest

- Resolution 2560x1920, but I've tryed even with 1920x1080 -> same result

PC specs:

i5 4670K OC 4.1Ghz, Temp < 60c*

RX 480

Game is running on ssd

in 2016 i've played with GTX770 and didn't have this Problem in BnS. So i've noticed fps dropping only because of skill effects from the other people that's why I'm focusing exactly on GPU trouble.

Do u have any idea whats wrong? Or whats wrong exactly with AMD for BnS? 

Btw, want to upgrade my CPU to coffee lake CPU when it's going to be released(soon), but i think it wont help me. GPU upgrade i.e. 1070 or higher is too expensive for me atm...

Well you are not the only one that report this issue. For some reasone BnS is working better on older hardware. Your CPU is 4 core which is enough for the game. How much RAM do yo have?  is it DDR4? or DDR3? Is very odd the RX480 would run worse than GTx 770 unless you upgraded other hardware.. My only suggestion is putting in windows on Proformance mode and prioratize BnS on the CPU. There are suppose to be many guides how to do that. sorry for the potato English..

On 9/6/2017 at 4:01 PM, eRrazward said:

Well you are not the only one that report this issue. For some reasone BnS is working better on older hardware. Your CPU is 4 core which is enough for the game. How much RAM do yo have?  is it DDR4? or DDR3? Is very odd the RX480 would run worse than GTx 770 unless you upgraded other hardware.. My only suggestion is putting in windows on Proformance mode and prioratize BnS on the CPU. There are suppose to be many guides how to do that. sorry for the potato English..

My English isn't better :D

well, I have 8 GB RAM DDR3 (4xxx gen motherboards can't hande ddr4). RX480 isn't top tier so that I have to change my CPU for that. I have even better fps in mass pvp in guild wars 2 with more than 100 active people, who use 1000 of skills and produce massive effects. And now in bns - 1 huge mass aoe and fps drops to 20. It's not adequate. I didn't have this issue on 45th lvl patch (i.e. in 24. man dungeons)

Archived