Nebula stone event was a scam, thank you!!!

Rachefluch

Hi there,

company who has the intention of a giant octopus, grabbing all the money and leaving bad marks after touching your victims:

Was the nebula stone event an actual waste of time and effort?
unknown.png
Since NA/EU has copied a lot from taiwan, thats probably going to happen next: its gonna be cheaper to upgrade to raven 6 without nebula stones.

You apparently saved with nebula from baleful/seraph stage 12 to raven 6:
- 56 moonstones
- 5 silverfrost premium transformation stones (costed less than the 70 silverfrost transformation stones during the event thought, so you saved nothing)
- 12 elysian crystals

That is not enough:
A. Oh and that empyrean spirit charm is reduced to 5 after, means you save -3, you actually wasted 600-800 gold.
B. And you could have spent the event tokens on sacred oil instead, and waited a little bit longer to upgrade to raven stage 6, means you effectivly lost 1600 gold.

What are the developers thinking, what in the name of cricket, making everybody waste their tokens on nebula stones and prompting the gamers to upgrade now?!!!

I would luv to see an apology from the super up to date community manager naow...

Like it, if you like it, comment on it, if you like it more.

Well, please remember that the stones only last until 17 Oc (which is over 1 month from now). Now, you don't know when the reduction (should it happen just like in Taiwan) would happen, don't you? What if this reduction comes at november? How about december? You really want to wait that long (1-2 months) just to save 3 charms? (Okie, you might save some other mats as well to me that amount isn't worth waiting... say 1 - 2 months for). 

If the reduction comes before the stones expire at Oc 17 (which I doubt), well sure, upgrade please to dawn/rift 3 please... But do pay attention that the stones apply lower stages as well. From stage 8 to 12, instead of 5 premium stones, which currenty priced at 230 gold each (1150 gold total), you only need 35 sts (which cost at worst 700 gold)... So for new players or alts, this event is excellent... Do take note that not everyone is at your gear level please.

Not trying to white knight, but your choice of words in the original post seems rather harsh, don't you think?

The Nebula event was aimed at players who didn't have their weapons on stage 12 yet- aka people who are still in the middle of gearing for BT; the event is also aimed at future 12man and to close the gap between gear among players. People should know by now that gear paths are being constantly changed and adapted so what are you being mad about exactly? It's a splendid event for the less money and time fortunate out there. Some of my guildies ( including me) use this event to get to the desired weapon stage or go dawn/riftwalk-> raven with the help of nebula stones- which otherwise would have been a pain in the ass to get within a decent amount of time, not gonna mention the costs.

Can't even begin to comprehend how this event turned out to be a scam for you. It helps me a great deal since I started from Baleful 8 when it began and I'm currently in the process of reaching  +11 without having to spend a retarded amount of money on PSTS and other mats.

I would luv to see an apology from the super up to date community manager naow...

Stop acting like a 11-year old bully and get some fresh air, 'kay?

This is an excellent event, it allows many players to catch up to at least Baleful/Seraph 12. I don't really like how it forces people to PVP, as arena can sometimes be extremely frustrating (say you get cheese classes matched against you over and over again).

Whether or not they can get Raven is another story though, but they CAN farm rift/dawn at Celestial Basin as an alternative.

The stones remove the requirement for PSTS, that alone is worth hundreds of gold. Gold which can be put to other uses. I'm not following how you "lose gold", if you are comparing an update where the materials required are lowered vs the current patch where there is no such reduction, that's an apples to oranges comparison. At this moment, the nebula stones reduce upgrade prices significantly. Maybe in a later patch the upgrade prices are reduced without the stones period, but we don't have that update yet.

3 hours ago, Chikki said:

The Nebula event was aimed at players who didn't have their weapons on stage 12 yet- aka people who are still in the middle of gearing for BT; the event is also aimed at future 12man and to close the gap between gear among players. People should know by now that gear paths are being constantly changed and adapted so what are you being mad about exactly? It's a splendid event for the less money and time fortunate out there. Some of my guildies ( including me) use this event to get to the desired weapon stage or go dawn/riftwalk-> raven with the help of nebula stones- which otherwise would have been a pain in the ass to get within a decent amount of time, not gonna mention the costs.

I benefited so much from this.  <3 

Also, I agree that it's pretty common place for all the cost reductions.  We know for a fact reductions will happen but I never really know when.  But some players have some hunches about when reductions will spring up.  They feel ripped off when those reductions happen after there was some event or patch that enticed people to upgrade immediately.   

It's like buying in the real world.  You can buy something right when it comes out or you can wait until that item goes on sale.  

We'll probably get that price/materials reduction in the near future, but as long as it's in more than a month, I don't see how they "scammed" us. I personnally got my Riftwalk weapon and with it, a nice DPS increase. I was able to be more effective that way in 6v6 and dungeon farming, which in turn, means more gold gain.

Now, I get that NCWest isn't entirelly transparent when it comes to future patchs content and reworks, and maybe this is a scheme to deplete our characters of their ressources so that those who want to create a Gunslinger will have to "Trove" their way in, but I don't think we'll get that price reduction next week, so we're probably safe. ;)

Think about it: If they really reduced the cost, it would make Nebula stones irrelevant. If anything, we might get it after the Summer Treasure Trove. At the very least, It makes more sense for NCWest to reduce prices after the trove, not before.

They even stated in the stream the nebula stone event was designed for the lower levels of bale/searph. that once you hit the higher levels and went into rift/dawn it wasnt that big of savings.. mostly it got rid of the need for the premium trans stone. This even for new and lower geared players was amazing. It was never designed for higher geared players. 

He himself made the cost calculation.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/231700-nebula-full-cost-calculation/#comment-1985017

So, why now this topic?

You save money with stage 6-12. But money aside, the best things are:
- you don't need run the dungeons to get the weapon for upgrade with rng.
- you don't need farm peaches for the weapon chests.
- you don't need the silverfrost keys to open them.
- you don't need some other hard to get or expensive items.

Bad is, forced pvp play.
Well, the chests give out 1-3 medallions. I get very often 5-7 out of the 3 from the daily. I don't get the 3 boxes every day. Don't get the 5 from weekly. Not buying medallions with ncoins, and in pvp only 3 loses each day in 1vs1. And it's still enough to get the needed event stones.

In total, this event is better as i thought in the beginning. Wanted get 1-2 stones for 1-2 Stages. But i got 6 and went up already from 6-12 in the last 2 weeks. Now, i will stop upgrading. It's too expensive. Nearly 2500 Gold for only one single step is insane. And later more. No, thanks.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:08 PM, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Well, please remember that the stones only last until 17 Oc (which is over 1 month from now). Now, you don't know when the reduction (should it happen just like in Taiwan) would happen, don't you? What if this reduction comes at november? How about december? You really want to wait that long (1-2 months) just to save 3 charms? (Okie, you might save some other mats as well to me that amount isn't worth waiting... say 1 - 2 months for). 

If the reduction comes before the stones expire at Oc 17 (which I doubt), well sure, upgrade please to dawn/rift 3 please... But do pay attention that the stones apply lower stages as well. From stage 8 to 12, instead of 5 premium stones, which currenty priced at 230 gold each (1150 gold total), you only need 35 sts (which cost at worst 700 gold)... So for new players or alts, this event is excellent... Do take note that not everyone is at your gear level please.

Not trying to white knight, but your choice of words in the original post seems rather harsh, don't you think?

Actually you are wrong. The Nebula stones don't have a expire date. Only the event coins have expire date (Oct 17). So, you can save your Nebula stones for future upgrades. It is confirmed by a GM (unless they turn down their words again).

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Actually you are wrong. The Nebula stones don't have a expire date. Only the event coins have expire date (Oct 17). So, you can save your Nebula stones for future upgrades. It is confirmed by a GM (unless they turn down their words again).

Actually you are wrong, after Oct 17th, the upgrade paths will be different, and you cannot use the Nebula Event stones after that date, according to the GM.  So yes, they DO have an expiry date in terms of being used for their purpose (Oct. 18th).  Any unused Nebula stones will remain duds in your inventory.

I myself made google sheet for this (wont share file, but i can give you an image of it to look at and compare.

2v2aaed.jpg

Updated EU Market Place Prices in yellow cells.

Also in yellow cells on the right Sacred Oil current price and some math to show value of Dueler's Medallion based on Oil market price - and Nebula Stone Value (also based on Oil price. This way you can decide either to use Nebula for certain upgrade stage or buy Sacred Oil and use weapon full material cost upgrade instead.

Sacred Oil = 110x Dueler's Medallion, Nebula Stone = 30x Dueler's Medallion.

Upgrade cost using weapon on the left, with usage of nebula stone on the right.

In table border on top gold value (cost) of each upgrade with weapon and nebula stone. In blue cell difference between two available options (you can count additional 80g for Brilliant Silverfrost Key cos you don't need class weapon with nebula stone, but its not included).

Below Riftwalk upgrade path cost - same thing.

Below on the right: listed all my drops from Chests I got from daily challenge so far (with percentage chances of each option in white cell, market price in yellow cell and calculated gold value ingreen cell.

To the op:

If you already have Raven weapon, or you are going Raven from the start, then this event is not for you. Its not upgrade discount for raiders, but catch up mechanism for undergeared players. Highly geared players will have more better geared players to play with, so its great. If you want, you can buy oils, or gear up an alt character. Not to mention, each day of your daily challenge you will get 3 chests with gold value of 6,5g each, thats almost 20g per character you are playing in materials - you can sell them, you can craft with them, pure gain). Noone is stealing from you by giving you a small discount, even if after this they can give you another, better one.

If anyone want to complain they paid more for upgrade 3-6 months ago than people doing it now, its just stupid. Give me back my 26 hujikar chests worth 3 keys each!. Give me back all this time farming Profane/Brightstone Ruins weapons! Not to mention all Siren/Pirate shit. Don't be a dodger. You wont get anything for free. Dont write support tickets to get your upgrade mats back just because ncsoft gave us new, cheaper way to get our weapon to next stage. I despise people like this.

Archived