[Suggestion]What about a new version of the premium membership?

Elano

I know what you're going to say : "ANOTHER TOPIC ABOUT THE MEMBERSHIP... bla bla bla!" Hum... Actually yes and no.

Let me explain...!

First, I introduce myself, I'm Elano, I'm a veteran player and a big fan of NCSoft games, I play Aion since 2009 and also BnS since the launch on EU and sometime on the KR version.  For players who don't know me I also created a website dedicated to Aion (LF Strat) and I'm going to make a website for BnS and MxM soon. So... now let's go to the details of the topic.

For the moment, the premium system is cool but I think it became useless after the really quick evolution of the game and all the changes that happened. It's now time to make some changes! I'm sure these changes could be really cool for the players and still really good for NCsoft in order to make money and have more players paying for the premium version on short and long terms. So I have played on the other versions of the game (KR/CH/TW/RU).

In EU, We have two systems for the shop, the first one is the one with real money (NCcoins) and the other one is the one with virtual money (Hongmoon coins). The advantage of this system is that they are separate from each other and NCSoft can make different prices and different bundles in the shop. And this is really interesting!

This is why the first change, I would do is when a player buy a 30 days membership, he can win hongmoon coins every day. This system is really good and players in Korea or Taiwan really likes it! A player in Korea Premium lvl 1 can win 3 000 crystals and a skin in the shop is 3 000 crystals so they can basically buy one skin after 1 month! it's really awsome!

The second modification I would do is to let NON premium players to have access to the wardrobe system! I know I know this system is like the only thing left in the premium worth it (And that's why the premium membership needs to be update!) Because players and mainly new players feel like they have to buy the premium version most players feel forced to buy a premium subscription but unfortunately this purchase has a negative effect on the long term... because one day they will just feel scamed because at high level it's like paying $12 just for the wardrobe.

Indeed, the players who buy a subscription mainly for this reason (and there are many, including me ^ ^ "), feel frustrated with the purchase, this impression of having been forced to buy the premium membership make them in some ways frustrated and a frustrated player is a player who quickly stops playing! :/ In addition, it gives a bad image of the company that is taken for a greedy company. :/ I say that knowingly. Not being at all adapted make the subscription rather useless, unless the player is premium level 10.

For the moment NCsoft only plays on the fact that the wardrobe is present only in the premium system and I sincerely think it is a bad idea to play on it. Instead it just encourages players to leave the game. The skin side being an important aspect of the game for many players and make it accessible only if the player who spends $12 is not very "cool" ...

While if you remove this system from the premium but replace it with the bonus of hongmoon coins you can as well as in Korea focus on the shop and improve the profitability of the players and the players will feel valued and not cheated, those who will have a high level of premium will get skins quickly if they save their coins and a low level players in premium will also get a skin but on a longer term in all cases NCsoft is winning and the player is winning too!!

For everyone to see a little more clearly, I made a new premium table with the changes that would really benefit everyone, do not hesitate to tell me what you think and based on your feedbacks I will modify the tables ^^!

Link to the google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/105nsyPzjMlwFFquyhrvgL21KfrGQ85OhMdCTmPHpCF8/edit?usp=sharing

Link to the french topic:

Link to the Reddit post:

Regards,

Elano.

they don't care about improving premium membership probably cause there is enough whales at the moment so they can earn money no effort, fixing Nothing, if you want ideas about how premium should look like take a look at every other régions, they simply got the Christmas version of blade & soul, tons of event tons of rewards, i wish i was kr or ccn...

Thank you! :D I hope they will at least talk about it too ^^"

@Wataru Why is it a "Diminishing return" ? Hongmoon level are still the same with my idea. If they make the change with the hongmoon coins as premium thing instead of wardrobe it would be so great! I know for sure some people would give another chance to BnS and both casual players and "whales" would be happy! And if there is more players with a premium account, NC also wins!

I think it's sad that they prefered just merge all the servers instead of changing the way they sale the premium subscription I'm sure there is still something to do with the game in EU/NA!

I'd love for those changes to be implemented.

That would definitely make me stop hesitating if getting premium at my current rank (6), since I'm not sure if it's worth it given that I don't even like the costume they're offering on females.

Please NC~ rtEFIdj.png

5 hours ago, Elano said:

Thank you! :D I hope they will at least talk about it too ^^"

@Wataru Why is it a "Diminishing return" ? Hongmoon level are still the same with my idea. If they make the change with the hongmoon coins as premium thing instead of wardrobe it would be so great! I know for sure some people would give another chance to BnS and both casual players and "whales" would be happy! And if there is more players with a premium account, NC also wins!

I think it's sad that they prefered just merge all the servers instead of changing the way they sale the premium subscription I'm sure there is still something to do with the game in EU/NA!

Perhaps what they could be referring to for the Diminshing returns is the fact that in NA/EU it requires substantially more xp per HM level than it does in KR for example. Iirc, KR requires only about 30% of the xp per HM level than it does here, They get to HM12 just from the story alone. That is somehing I would like to see adjusted

I agree with the idea that this needs to be addressed, however, I do not see them doing it anytime soon.  Now, the way to force change is to first stop paying to play this game.  As they will notice that.  I doubt many of those on this forum post are ready to no longer drop your Memberships at the moment so let's  say that until NCSoft either starts losing players or the  membership is no longer making them money, this is what we are going to be stuck with.   If they do choose to step in and revamp the system, I would like to have extra bag and bank slots opened up for paying to play this game.   atm, because of the cost to open up bag and bank slots, this game falls in the lower half of the MMOs based on value per dollar spent.  After all, I could drop $100.00 usd on this game and still not have opened up all my bag slots alone. 

another idea will be to implement the premium players a special deposit in which you can place items bound to account without having to be sending mails to your alts. you can put the costumes without using the stamps and be able to remove them with any of the alts .. that would be a very tempting idea to be premium. and non-premiums that continue to use stamps to pass the costumes to the alts

I just want to refresh this topic because now that new patch & Trove is out, it's just another glaring reminder of what a huge waste of RL money premium feels like right now.  

MSP SS and loggui keys have been removed from Dragon Trader, so one more obvious benefit gone.  No daily dash, nothing in trove to support premium members.  About the only thing worthwhile right now are upgrade discounts, but I'm so unimpressed with premium & NCSoft right now that I'm not spending a dime on trove keys.  Unless something changes fast, I will not renew my annual when it expires.

• 4 weeks later...

I came back to this topic as I thought about it for a while.  This is not the only game I play, there are others, one more than the rest I call my favorite.  They are truly based on making players happy.  As I was able to buy a Lifetime Sub on the game and therefor will never need spend another penny on it again ( I still do from time to time when the cash store has a ship or outfit I want and my Stippen isn't enough to pay for it ), paid suns (gold) get little things like an account bank, so you never need mail something from one toon to another one.  It is also quite helpful when certain items in that game are one time only grabs.  You place it in the account bank and any toon you log on can get it out to use it for the time you are on it.  Rinse and repeat .  I will not lie, I am doubtful I am going to pay for the sub anymore .  I am not an outfit collector, I paid for the extra bank slots/tab and that was really it.  The wardrobe is nice, but not important to me.  There are no other really great things that it offers that would keep me paying to play the game anymore.  If we got account banks, or free banking slots or something like being able to mail account bound items to another toon (this includes outfits btw) for free, then it would start to look appealing again.  At the moment however, with all the changes they are making and the fact they are targeting whales over all others right now, I see little reason to pay for something that is no longer offering anything relevant to the game now.  Some will pay for the wardrobe, but for me, it's low on my list, the 20% extra XP was nice, but I now fully outrun any battle XP well before I reach Jadestone and it doesn't return until Silverfrost. So, having the understanding I could gain as much bag/bank space by spending my money only on Dragon pouches and opening up all the spaces I am offered as a F2P member, it is likely the direction I will go until they address the Premium subscription problems they have created.

I've been playing BnS since Beta and paid for premium for the first 2 years, i stopped paying for a sub after that because it just wasn't worth the money for what you got. I've always been the type to pay for subs in the game i like but they really need to make some big improvements to make premium worth it.

Some of the things i've always thought should be sub benefits have been mentioned already but here's the list of things that would make me decide to pay a sub again.

- No fees for windwalking, marketplace and mailing (including outfits) we already know it's possible to make outfits tradeable without having to pay stamps because the 2 outfits we received in the founders packs can be mailed back and forth free of charge. Ultimately i would prefer to have have a shared wardrobe between all my characters while ftp get the basic wardrobe for free.

- 20% discount for everything that's sold in the cashshop would also be an incentive to buy more from the cashshop.

- extra account wide bank tab (even though they STILL haven't opened all the slots we have atm >.>)

- bonus prize or HM coin each month because everyone likes presents!

These are all things that have been included in subs from other games i have played so they are hardly game breaking and there is no reason to not expect to get them from the BnS sub as well.

On 8.9.2017 at 7:43 PM, Liinxy said:

Thanks for the great feedback on Premium Membership! I'll pass it along to the team. ^_^

dont spread hope... all the verterans that play for almost 2 years know, that everytime you guys pretend to do something good, its something that u take away in return ....

Why arent u just honest to the playerbase that u dont wanna do something cause its not worthy for u as a company ?

PPl wouldnt be so "pissed off! everytime u carry the whales further if u wouldnt lie to us.

Whats with f9 ? you just lowered the rating to 1:2 and soon to 1:1 and u just dont have the reason to change premium to be worth...

For all, just keep in mind that there is a statistic (cant find anymore in this forum) that showd that 25+ ppl in EU already paid more then 450.000 € into the game, and 13 ppl just in germany that paid more then 80.000€. thats around +/- 12mio € ... and then ask urself how many ppl needs to be premium to get NCSoft the same amount of money.

Archived