Forums

Hello BnS players, I just stopped by today to ask a question. Has anyone played elsword? It was the first MMO I REALLY got into but  even though I pretty much accomplished everything I can't jump ship to this game completely. El doesn't seem like a game worth taking seriously anymore. Plus Im growing older and growing to have less time for things, I'm trying to main one MMO and leave it at that. Is BnS worth being my GO 2 MMO nowadays? I mean compared to elsword, this is the sht but just not sure. I just need some opinions thanks.

P..S I am a hardcore player.

Hey man welcome . i would like to helo you it is going to be a little long so bare with me here. 

first thing first i get you man i am an adult too 23 to be exact . and i dont have much time for games too.

been there played them all i play mmos since i can remember.

lets take it off with blade and soul itself as much as i love it i also hate it, and i am a whale here with good gear it has the Best story i have ever seen in an mmo . the combat is like no other currently in the west but if you want make progress you need to invest alot of time and $$$ i have never felt such a p2w vibe in any other mmo. Next yes i played elsword online it is realy nice 2.5,D fast phase combat anime side scroller but after a while it is getting boring pretty fast abd it is kinda p2w to but not by much because STORE items give you extra stats. If you like ANIME mmorpgs you should wait because SOUL WORKERS and CLOSERS are confirmed for the west and i personally cant wait. because it is going to be the best games up to date in the west. i wont talk about older mmos due to fact its lacking the combat that mmos now days offer and its all in the past and we should look forward. 

i think if you like fast phase combat and visuals currently there is nothing like bns. revelation online the combat is dull and it was not fun.

al the other games out there like: Tera ,GW2 , finaly fantasy , aion , C9 , vindictus ,wild star  let them be they had their fame. i would suggest trying out Black desert online good graphics and combat is fine . 

but my man it is good time fot anime mmo coming if you into it. i would like to here more from you and ehat game play style you prefer so i could point you to right one.

p.s - the community in bns is toxic AF but than again in wich mmo it isnt ? people will always be ass******* when it comes to opinion and some times we ourselfs are so never take it personally and stay golden.

Oh! I actually recently came back to BnS and am currently taking a break from Els. If you have a good PC and good ping then BnS is a lot of fun so I say definitely give it a shot but you might want to know, a lot of end-game dungeons are very time consuming and sometimes it requires multiple tries to finish a boss until you AND your group learn the mechanics. I feel that Elsword is mostly a hack and slash game so you just keep hitting things until they die. Unlike Els, BnS is a team game so focusing on dps alone will only get you so far. It helps to have a tank and certain classes that provide buffs/protects.

Ah long comments are no prob, I actually 

16 minutes ago, An19194 said:

Hey man welcome . i would like to helo you it is going to be a little long so bare with me here. 

first thing first i get you man i am an adult too 23 to be exact . and i dont have much time for games too.

been there played them all i play mmos since i can remember.

lets take it off with blade and soul itself as much as i love it i also hate it, and i am a whale here with good gear it has the Best story i have ever seen in an mmo . the combat is like no other currently in the west but if you want make progress you need to invest alot of time and $$$ i have never felt such a p2w vibe in any other mmo. Next yes i played elsword online it is realy nice 2.5,D fast phase combat anime side scroller but after a while it is getting boring pretty fast abd it is kinda p2w to but not by much because STORE items give you extra stats. If you like ANIME mmorpgs you should wait because SOUL WORKERS and CLOSERS are confirmed for the west and i personally cant wait. because it is going to be the best games up to date in the west. i wont talk about older mmos due to fact its lacking the combat that mmos now days offer and its all in the past and we should look forward. 

i think if you like fast phase combat and visuals currently there is nothing like bns. revelation online the combat is dull and it was not fun.

al the other games out there like: Tera ,GW2 , finaly fantasy , aion , C9 , vindictus ,wild star  let them be they had their fame. i would suggest trying out Black desert online good graphics and combat is fine . 

but my man it is good time fot anime mmo coming if you into it. i would like to here more from you and ehat game play style you prefer so i could point you to right one.

p.s - the community in bns is toxic AF but than again in wich mmo it isnt ? people will always be ass******* when it comes to opinion and some times we ourselfs are so never take it personally and stay golden.

Ah long comments are no prob, I actually prefer them to be longer to explain what they're saying. I really love bns because of it's unique combat, storyline, and scenery. The problem was at the time was that my pc couldn't handle bns so I had to settle with elsword. Then I got hooked into that and became a tryhard, now it's hard for me to just drop elsword completely lol.I really want to honestly, just I done so much on Elsword. I probably will soon enough. 

And I can't really get into any other mmos, bns and elsword were the only games that stuck with me.

@Mauya took the words right out of my mouth lol. I'll just add that if you're worried about having time to play it, just join a competitive PvX clan so you won't be stuck for hours trying to finish dailies or clearing ONE dungeon. It can be annoying sometimes because like Mauya said, it can take a while to clear some bosses and you might end up dying multiple times if your party doesn't know what they're doing.

I've played elsword since raven or chung was released so I understand how you feel about not being able to take it seriously anymore.

I work and go to college so I needed a game where I won't need to be on 24/7 just to keep up with everyone else coughBDOcough. I can just log in, do my dailies or whatever I need to do and log off. If I have more time to spare then I'll stay on a bit longer and chill out or do whatever comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, Takaroku said:

Ah long comments are no prob, I actually 

Ah long comments are no prob, I actually prefer them to be longer to explain what they're saying. I really love bns because of it's unique combat, storyline, and scenery. The problem was at the time was that my pc couldn't handle bns so I had to settle with elsword. Then I got hooked into that and became a tryhard, now it's hard for me to just drop elsword completely lol.I really want to honestly, just I done so much on Elsword. I probably will soon enough. 

And I can't really get into any other mmos, bns and elsword were the only games that stuck with me.

I had the same issue having to settle with elsword because my PC at the time couldnt handle BnS all that well lol. If Vindictus wasn't dead, I would've definitely said go play that out because I like it waaay more than BnS but it's a wasteland and nexon will run your pockets dry if you're someone who likes doing the most damage out of everyone. BnS is worth it man, you won't regret it. I know I don't. 

9 minutes ago, Fergenstein said:

@Mauya took the words right out of my mouth lol. I'll just add that if you're worried about having time to play it, just join a competitive PvX clan so you won't be stuck for hours trying to finish dailies or clearing ONE dungeon. It can be annoying sometimes because like Mauya said, it can take a while to clear some bosses and you might end up dying multiple times if your party doesn't know what they're doing.

I've played elsword since raven or chung was released so I understand how you feel about not being able to take it seriously anymore.

I work and go to college so I needed a game where I won't need to be on 24/7 just to keep up with everyone else coughBDOcough. I can just log in, do my dailies or whatever I need to do and log off. If I have more time to spare then I'll stay on a bit longer and chill out or do whatever comes to mind.

I think this was the comment I was looking for right here. Thanks everyone for your comments though. And I'm kinda in a clan like that, they know what they're doing and they're low geared like me lol. On the other hand, elsword takes all your time...

Btw do you still play anymore?

7 hours ago, Takaroku said:

I think this was the comment I was looking for right here. Thanks everyone for your comments though. And I'm kinda in a clan like that, they know what they're doing and they're low geared like me lol. On the other hand, elsword takes all your time...

Btw do you still play anymore?

No problem.

If you mean elsword, nope. I quit about 2 months ago but I might come back just to check out 3rd class jobs when they're released.

I think BNS is worth a try, but if you are a hardcore player with little time to play then this game might not be for you.

A lot of people in this forum say you have to pay but I know several people with end game gear without spending a penny, so it's not true. Those people do, however, spend a lot of time ingame to get there. Some farm, some play the market, some boost people for gold; they are all really, really good at what they do. So, if you don't want to swipe, you need to invest time and be good at something.

You should try the game out though. You can reach max level in 24 hrs of playing and it will be good enough to sample some entry level content to see if you like the combat and game mechanics enough to stick around.

Sorry I'm late but uhhhhh... I'm already lvl 50 and HM6 haha. This is my ingame name actually. I already have the mechanics down and all that it's just Elsword is a hindrance on me honestly. I keep hoping it gets better but honestly but it won't. You either worry about rng, grind 800 runs for a title or cash your way to the top. PvP is a mess, PvE is boring af, everything just stoics lol...I think I wasted so much time on there when I should have been on here. That game has made me such a salty person and the community is awful... 

Fergenstein if you do come back during 3rd jobs just play casual, it's gotten much worse. At least in this game PvE seems like a challenge and doable with mechanics alone, I didn't dabble in pvp much but I will later on. I also do have a shit ton of time, and I have cash on the side too. If I can't sacrifice time I'll sacrifice a little money...spend wisely tho.