[Suggestion]Gunner for Lyn

ProfessorQ

Am i'm the only one that think Gunner should at least be for all classes this limited class thing is starting to get annoying and for a person that main Lyn Race this making me mad.

It like the same for them having the Assassin class limited to them. I can understand it the class for them only but still I was really hoping for that class to at least let Lyn race to have it as well.

Sure, and I want a male Gon Summoner and a Lyn Assassin, so you can't see them at all anymore. /sarcasm

It's good that some classes are limited to certain races and they should not change that at all. Also IF a race "deserves" more possibilities on classes it should be Gon. Gon Gunner also makes way more sense than a rat with a gun taller than it's own body.

I'm sorry,  I can't advocate for the creatures of greenhollow being able to obtain a firearm permit.

When I think gunslinger, I think Dante, Bayonetta, every gunner npc in game, McCree, Alucard, Cervantes not a small woodland child. 

There's a nice mod for you lyn lovers that emulates every class in the game as a lyn, but I sincerly hope I never see a half breed with a six shooter server side. 

6 hours ago, Karurosuda said:

I'm sorry,  I can't advocate for the creatures of greenhollow being able to obtain a firearm permit.

When I think gunslinger, I think Dante, Bayonetta, every gunner npc in game, McCree, Alucard, Cervantes not a small woodland child. 

There's a nice mod for you lyn lovers that emulates every class in the game as a lyn, but I sincerly hope I never see a half breed with a six shooter server side. 

You must not had seen Hidan no Aria AA or Gunslinger Girls. Oh oh wait there a little girl with a bloody Gatling gun or a half furry and half huma with a gun on the last picture =w=

gunslingergirl.pngtumblr_inline_nwkvo0o8Yy1tspp7x_540.pngStrike-Witches-Battles.jpg

2 hours ago, ProfessorQ said:

You must not had seen Hidan no Aria AA or Gunslinger Girls. Oh oh wait there a little girl with a bloody Gatling gun or a half furry and half huma with a gun on the last picture =w=

gunslingergirl.pngtumblr_inline_nwkvo0o8Yy1tspp7x_540.pngStrike-Witches-Battles.jpg

Never once heard of any of these titles, and you'd be reaching VERY far if you think they would accurately represent the gunslinger-archtype.

They're more niche than anything and more often not pander to the audience that would be interested in any sub-genre that includes a cast of lolis/little girls.

My point still stands, and there's also such a furious opposition in general to lyn getting gunslinger (And them getting class shafted in general) that NCsoft won't do it anyway.

If this was a serious game made by a serious company...Lyn as a class wouldnt even exist. But this is a korean MMO. Which means is made by koreans nd FOR koreans. They will never become popular outside korea with their game models. 

People in the west play them only cuz they are F2P.... at least a sa start.

Lyn as gunners...its stupid....but gunner alone is stupid enough...so..

1 hour ago, Karurosuda said:

Never once heard of any of these titles, and you'd be reaching VERY far if you think they would accurately represent the gunslinger-archtype

Strike Witches and Gunslinger Girls were both very well known for their times and still are. Strike Witches was very much loli smut and Gunslinger Girls was all about girls with guns.

21 minutes ago, Wataru said:

Strike Witches and Gunslinger Girls were both very well known for their times and still are. Strike Witches was very much loli smut and Gunslinger Girls was all about girls with guns.

Yes, and based on what you said it's still just that: pandering to the interest of small children/loli's/little girls doing whatever is unorthodox like fighting with guns, so it works for their medium. However blade and soul is not this type of pandering, so there's less of an argument to be made. OP can't compare small children with guns in another medium that is ALL ABOUT small children with guns to what's supposed to be a more mature and rounded medium like blade and soul, especially if they never established the small children in question (lyn) capable of being gunslingers in the first place.

When you design a world, you make sure you establish the rules and the norms of said world early on so the audience isn't baffled by new additions later, and are therefore less open to the change. They did this with Jin the whole game (Even Gon seems more plausible than lyn), and though you don't see yun gunslingers, you kinda don't see yun as a race in game at all, nor do they seem to be allowed exclusives as I've mentioned before (besides jinsoyun), so they're in a sort of weird exception with being allowed as a secondary class race, else they become near irrelevant.

This is why I don't believe lyn should ever get gunner, or any other mechanical classes; And if you look at their available classes, they lean towards more of the mystic arts over mechanical skill anyway, even blade dancer functions more like a rune slayer than the standard blade master, along with an attack style that only really fits their small stature.

There is no such a thing called "X weapon is not suitable to Y race cuz of Z reason"

The only thing that stops the developer doing so is either lacking of imagination, or lacking of motivation.

The first is not something we should worry for NCSoft, since they are capable to imagine good things.

The latter can be caused by either too much efforts or money or both to make animation for every single race.

Look at Tera, for example. Why does every single new class locked to female gender of one or two races? Simple: sex sells, and you don't need to develop animation for every gender/race that way.

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

There is no such a thing called "X weapon is not suitable to Y race cuz of Z reason"

The only thing that stops the developer doing so is either lacking of imagination, or lacking of motivation.

The first is not something we should worry for NCSoft, since they are capable to imagine good things.

The latter can be caused by either too much efforts or money or both to make animation for every single race.

Look at Tera, for example. Why does every single new class locked to female gender of one or two races? Simple: sex sells, and you don't need to develop animation for every gender/race that way.

I honestly have a hard time trying to get your point.

Do you mean races get certain classes because they have females and sex sells? If that were the case, every race should get a class because every race has the female gender and female classes mean sex sells.

They aren't being lazy they just do it create a more realistic diverse world a lyn grabbing people by the throats and punching them in the face with a humongous axe just doesn't fit the class and that's just one example but everything doesn't fit everybody. And yes sex sells which is why female exclusive costumes tend to sell for more than the male counterparts . But that has nothing to do with the inner workings of this game male and female combat animations are identical regardless of race. When it comes to bns they are locked by race lore and what fits in it.

I agree with some example you gave. But really Lyn can't even use guns specifically if the guns seem to use magic. Same with assassins they seem to fit that role well as well seeing with their speed small size and stealth. They can't just be small furry that only use magic not all Lyn use them.

2 hours ago, Erovianni said:

Gunner should be available to all races. Not very hard to pick up and learn how to use a pair of guns. Even a lyn can use a minigun.

how about summoner and blade dancer? its not very hard to ordering cat around and spinning with their blade

21 hours ago, newbiez said:

how about summoner and blade dancer? its not very hard to ordering cat around and spinning with their blade

First one requires you to be a furry, second one requires a center of gravity unique to only lyn, only other way to match is be a big strong giant that can swing a giant weapon with great centrifugal force.

Archived