Is Blade and Soul, losing population?

Echidna

A player base always is constantly decreasing. As for spanish players - there are no spanish servers, so you'd need to look for spanish clans on EU servers.

Just in case someone will again start to whine about "BnS is dying hurr durr":

ncsoft4-1024x591.jpg

1 hour ago, Echidna said:

i have seen in many game news sites, that bns is losing population, and losing people, i left the game in 2015 because the servers ping and low spanish people in the game, anyone can confirm if this is real?

Yes, thats why severs was merged.

To leyren: Sales are not the best indicator of population...

Especially when you launch event like troves where people spend more than 2k$ on them. It just mean theres a lot of people spending a large amount of money, not that theres a lot of people playing "overrall".

And that is why we got the merge, because less and less population. Logic.

2 hours ago, Echidna said:

i have seen in many game news sites, that bns is losing population, and losing people, i left the game in 2015 because the servers ping and low spanish people in the game, anyone can confirm if this is real?

You left the game in 2015 and you still care? Also this is EU/NA server forums, wasn't game up from 2016 in our region? ;)

1 hour ago, Kyrrua said:

To leyren: Sales are not the best indicator of population...

Especially when you launch event like troves where people spend more than 2k$ on them. It just mean theres a lot of people spending a large amount of money, not that theres a lot of people playing "overrall".

And that is why we got the merge, because less and less population. Logic.

Of course, but as I stated it was to prevent those "BnS is dying" comments. Because if it is about a game being closed or not, finances are the only relevant factor.

The population is still very high (and in fact way more than in lots & lots of other MMOs). The merges were absolutely obvious to happen too, BnS was overly hyped in the west.

@Zhoosh Ha, I didn't even notice. When he left in 2015 that would've meant that he left in CBT.

I wouldn't be surprised if the population is dwindling.

The biggest issue I have with the game is the lack of communication and interaction with the community.

Take a look at some of the current issues; the currency exchange, quartz availabilty, getting credit for boss kills after the merge, etc... feedback from NCSOFT... zero.

They either don't care, or they don't understand that a little communication goes a long way in keeping players happy.

I assumed servers merged because technology enabled  NCSoft to merge more people on a single server.  I think BnS is doing quite well population wise. I have seen a increase in old players returning to the game.. I suspect there will be even more who will want to come play Gunner.

As much as I love Blade and Soul, I'm on the verge of putting this game on hold until they can somehow improve their servers. Ever since the merge my ping has been terrible. I used to get 90-120 server delay but now it's 200+ with many lost packets and multiple ping spikes. I want to play this game, but the connection is pushing me away. Others that are in the same scenario as me probably feel the same way.

Archived