unlockin gem socket

SemajLian

Short stroy for introduction:

I just upgrade to dawnforge 3 - so it is 13 ugrades, but onece i ask for downgrade (from 12 to 10) and once I change weapon from seraph to baefoul.
 so total ubgrades - 16 times.

and still have just 4 sockets - ONLY 4 #$%^&* socket.

I don't thing about writing to support becouse i know answer - this is RNG in game we cen not do enything.

So lests try to collect legendary gems hammer - nope - there is no place to drop farm them.

So mayby lets try to buy them socket5 -15hammers socket6 - 22hammers.
now we have price about 30g per hammer (22+15)x30=1110golda - NOPE

and 2 weeks ago was 70g per hammer.

conclusion - mayby developers should think abut changing this sick system becouse RNG in this case is nonsens or bullshit

When most of people i konw or i meet have evrything unlock in weapon, so why i still have only 4 gems hmmmmy lets thing what suport probobly said - bad lock and we can not involv in RNG - F#$&* BULLSHIT - YOU CAN CHANGE THIS SICK SYSTEM:
solution 1: less hammers to unlock slot
s2: hammmers in dayly dash
s3; place to farm hammers  (mayby vendor in celestial basin)
s4: higher upgrade of weapon = higher chance to unlock
s5: change price under f10

and probobly ther is more ideas to solve this bullshit about "bad lock"

PS- sorry for all mistake - im to tired to check everything in translator/dictionary

oh yeah, that quantity needed is soooooo high! just get it lower hammers to unlock slots and I think every unlucky guy, just like me, gonna be less sad about 10 times weapon evolved and not a single slot unlocked... maybe slot 4 need like 3 hammers, then 5 and finally 10 for the last socket... idk, i'm playing this game for a couple of months and only got 2 Legendary Gem Hammer till now... how many years for that amount needed?

• 2 weeks later...

i hate this system too... on my main im stage 12 baleful 5 gems sockets... i got 6 *******ing slots in one alt at stage 1 of seraph... 

I hope they will change this system cause legendary gem hammers are way to expensive to buy them from f10... and it is a retard thing that ppl with raven/dawnforged or even seraph 12 dont have the 6 sockets unlocked...

A few thoughts regarding the rngeesus factor on weapon gem socket number.

I read this thread when it first was started. Ya, my first thought was "oh crap, as if I need that on top of everything else"

and it has been bugging me ever since.

and guess what.....

I finally retired the good old awakened(that's only halfway, not even true haha) ivory potato bangle. it had 6 sockets and 5 hex gems and 1 square gem. it actually did well enough to get me thru all but the most whaled up GHS's and kill nagas on the run, and more importantly, dart thowers haha. not so swift at wearing down dungeon bosses tho, but I loved it, and I worked hard to get all that gear, so i'm glad I enjoyed it. also 3 repair tools..so I'm keeping it for farming when I don't need uber killpower. I was doing 780 ap with all my stuff total, just for reference where I started.

so I upgrade to baleful. I had all the stuff to make the baleful and buy the red rock and I rolled a 3 socket. I had 7 legendary gem hammers from that awesome daily dash that made all the preemies go back to start and let the scavengers at all the legendary gem hammers and venture tokens heh.  that was a good one. I laugh about that still. "You cant haz gem hammer, bad preemie, back to go you go"

Anyway, I burned my 7 hammers to make 4th socket and I can only place 4 gems.  BFD, I went from 780 to 808.  like 3% damage increase BOOYAH!...GRANDMA! 

half cooked potato all the way to a legendary and I get 28 ap heh. I was bumming at the prospect of 39 legendary gem hammers to get back to even.

I finally had the thought of just re-rolling the stinking baleful bangle. the mats cost is cheap and if you can farm naryu tablets, you can do this over again forever.

I have a mountain of all that stuff from 3 prior troves, 1 yr of daily dash, events and some judicious purchasing, so I rolled a second baleful

and muahahahaaaaa

Praise be to our lord and generally brutal M F'er RNGeesus.   He gave me a 6 socket bangle which I loaded right up to make the jump to 830AP.

the cost is nothing vs basically 40 legendary gem hammers if u want ez rounded numbers. 10k ncoin, ya right? or 4k coin and a year for it to show up in F10 specials 39 times lol.

The jump from 780 to 830 is noticeable ANNNND I can keep focusing on growing gems/soul/pet/weapon/shields/bling and moar clothes-horsing instead of 39 evil #spitsonfloor# gem hammers.

so thx for bringing this whole topic up, I owe you beers.

Reading this thread makes me think, should I upgrade to Riftwalk then and pray to RNGesus to have 6 slotted weapon at Stage 1? Since right now I have Seraph 10 5 Slots. So wow upgrading weapon to next tier resets the gem slots again huh. Oh my...

11 minutes ago, thage007 said:

Reading this thread makes me think, should I upgrade to Riftwalk then and pray to RNGesus to have 6 slotted weapon at Stage 1? Since right now I have Seraph 10 5 Slots. So wow upgrading weapon to next tier resets the gem slots again huh. Oh my...

No, it only resets from ivory->bale/seraph. going from bale to rift/dawn/raven does not reset your slots, it can only increase it (same for changing weapon path, it's seen as an upgrade regarding gem slots)

I hate this system :(

I have Seraph 12 and still 5 slots, I hope they change it one day.

Or make legendary hammers CHEAPER, what would be the most fair thing to do when other players by pure luck doesn't have to spend a lot of money with it.

Hey! If what I am thinking is possible, this could help every last person starting a new toon.  

If the frustration of and performance loss due to lack of stats due to lack of sockets is going to plague you all the way to raven and beyond, it seems that stopping when you get to that level 1 baleful/seraph weapon may be a good move to set you up for the rest of forever: you stop there and if it isn't 6 sockets, reroll/farm to reroll.

Reroll the level 1 until you get 6 sockets, then move on.

My question, which was answered above, but I really need to ask it again so it gets answered again. thx for humoring me, this is key...

**** Once you have a 6 socket level 1 seraph or baleful weapon, is there any chance throughout the entire weapon growth/evolution where your sockets get rerolled and possibly REDUCED? ***********

its like getting that dumb snake bell for old clownshoe cho., you just have to....

what do y'all think? am I missing some obvious game breaker here or what??

I will have the crap ready for my gunner for exactly this maneuver too. "6 sockets or gtfo" is my new rule for myself.

after last update when you check upgrade path baleful->Dawnforge on bottom there is:

"the gem sockets on the current weapon will be reset"

hope that is only one of many bugs after path because if this is true that is F**** sick joke

****frustrating - to not be "[moderated for language]" :P

Agreed, unlocking sockets should not be RNG based in the first place and it does nothing besides driving people away from the game. The amount of hammers needed is absolutely preposterous and stupid. Make them easily farmable or do not put RNG sockets and give us 6 sockets right off the bat. Can't believe this is still an issue in 2017. 

i have the chance to have some alts so i just gave up on my minion who still got only 4 gems slot at legendary stage 10, this system is broken and i have no idea how people that cant afford soo many golds can still continue play the game meanwhile the rest Lucky ones just move on and save 1k+.... golds this is hilarous...

• 2 months later...

I'm glad that this topic back.

Actually I want write about this again.

So time passing - all my alts have all gems (because now I don't upgrade weapon higher then stage 3 if it doesn't have open all slots, it is beater to make new one), but on my main still have Rave 6 with 5 slots (only because 5th I open with hammers) on this stage there is now way to make new one :/

And now i really could buy this stupid hammers but not for this ridiculous price 60+gold each.

So or make this cheaper on f10 spacial or make this one bond to account tradeable (have many friend with this hammers and they don't need them) or ad this hammers to event or for solar energy or peach or many other options but do something with this stupid hole in weapon system - because now you make way to bypass the problem for character with low stage of weapon because making new legendary is hilarious cheap.
But this don't solve anything for people who stuck with Raven+ without full gems

Archived