Costume Prices

Lemy

Am  I the only one that think costumes are getting too pricey? For example the new loose cannon outfit would require you to spend $25 just for the outfit with no adornments. I remember when I first started playing this game, the costumes were around 1200 but now it seems the prices are increasing more and more as time goes on.

of course prices are outrageous even more outrageous when we know those same expensive outfifs can't be exchanged between alts so basically paying 25$ for 2weeks costumes time untill you get bored of the one you bought, store it then never see it again, this is cash grab company, not a company who care about game experience...shame!

Exactly, this was the only outfit I was looking forward to the most from the golden lotus pack thing but now they put it in and made it too overpriced. Even though I can afford it I am just not willing to spend that much on just an outfit. They really need to come up with way more reasonable prices before they start releasing costumes.

Honestly, it's pretty dirty that they stuck it in there for $25, because that was the exact price of the golden lotus chest. If they had just put soha's outfit in the first chest, which was far more tempting than speakeasy, I feel we would have made the goal. I know NCsoft gave us the Yunma Fei outfit in the end, which was nice. But the pricing on this outfit feels like a kick in the teeth because if they were going to price it at $25 anyway, they should have just put it in the first chest so people would have bought it without hesitation.

I understand that it's upsetting but like, they need to make money. It's a F2P game, what do you expect? They have to make money somewhere. It is a bit pricey for one outfit, but it's also just cosmetic. It's not as if this is something essential to gameplay. 

42 minutes ago, Saya Rock said:

I understand that it's upsetting but like, they need to make money. It's a F2P game, what do you expect? They have to make money somewhere. It is a bit pricey for one outfit, but it's also just cosmetic. It's not as if this is something essential to gameplay. 

Oh please don't give me that excuse, who cares if it's f2p. None of their other outfits were put into the game without adornments costing that much. Just because it's f2p don't mean it's ok to put items in overpriced either. They would have made more money if it was a better price, no more than $20 since more people would most likely buy it.

It´s marketing. What did you guys expected? 

Placing the perfect gunner outfit before the class it´s even out. It´s not called "dirtbag move." They do have to make the money somehow, since the game is not forcing you at all to spend anything. 

Get over it, no one gives you anything for free. I don´t see anything wrong with it. 

1 hour ago, ssHkNyx said:

Placing the perfect gunner outfit before the class it´s even out. It´s not called "dirtbag move." They do have to make the money somehow, since the game is not forcing you at all to spend anything. 

Get over it, no one gives you anything for free. I don´t see anything wrong with it. 

It's not about "getting stuff for free." It's maths.

If they sold the outfit at half the price, but got double the sales, they'd have the same income along with happier customers.

8 hours ago, ssHkNyx said:

I don't see anyone on this thread asking for the outfit to be free. If you have nothing good to contribute then why comment like seriously. My goodness some of you are quick to defend nc over everything even when they're wrong.

Outfits in this game are egregiously overpriced, I'm not sure how in hell NC thinks 15-25 bucks for a bunch of pixels is "reasonable". Come to think of it, everything in NC's cash shops out here in NA is absurdly priced. I could buy entire games for the price of single items.

Coming as someone who regularly dumps hundreds of bucks into games, NC's marketing department should be fired. They have little to no idea how to conduct proper sales. Hint: volume > price. Promotions are king, I've never seen an NC coin promotion - ever; where as I regularly pick up games from Steam as they have sales nonstop.

Don't get me wrong, I also agree with it being overpriced. But I mean, it makes sense why they did this with gunner coming out. They are a business after all. Maybe it was a stupid move and they would have made more money if they lowered the price. But I like, I don't get why people are complaining. You don't have to buy it and while it's annoying, they didn't technically do anything wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Saya Rock said:

Don't get me wrong, I also agree with it being overpriced. But I mean, it makes sense why they did this with gunner coming out. They are a business after all. Maybe it was a stupid move and they would have made more money if they lowered the price. But I like, I don't get why people are complaining. You don't have to buy it and while it's annoying, they didn't technically do anything wrong. 

Let me see if I understand correctly.

So you agree with it being overpriced.

But you like pay for overpriced outfit.

And you dont understand why ppl complaining

And you think they dont do anything wrong.

ok nice logic

When I have a business that sells products i want to have many clients like you.

simply you can afford it, you buy it, you can't afford it don't buy it...

if i'ts too expensive deal with it? as a f2p player I buy things I want idgaf that outfit is probably going to be bought by many people that want to wear it forever or make their own Soha like gunner and keep it like that.

When did I say I'm gonna buy it...? I can't afford that shit. I don't understand why people are complaining because they don't have to buy it; it's not essential. And while who knows, maybe it was a dumb choice on Nc's part to make it so pricey, regardless, they still have every right to do it. That's all I'm saying. 

Actually, I thought about it a bit more after talking with some other people and I'm starting to understand your side. I'm more so defending their right to do it, but you're correct. It is kind of a dick move.  You guys also have every right to complain. I can see how that would be upsetting. Who knows, maybe they'll see this and something will change. Most likely not, but we can't know for sure. They're just satisfying their whales while if they made it a lower price, more people would have bought it and more people would have been happy. And in the end, they might have made just as much if not more money. From a business point, that was quite stupid. Forgive me for the confusion. I retract my earlier comments. 

7 hours ago, RavTH said:

simply you can afford it, you buy it, you can't afford it don't buy it...

if i'ts too expensive deal with it? as a f2p player I buy things I want idgaf that outfit is probably going to be bought by many people that want to wear it forever or make their own Soha like gunner and keep it like that.

Ok then by your logic everyone should stop making topics about quartz, server issues, currency exchange, more ways to get evolved stones, etc. because it's a free to play game and no one has the right to tell nc when they're doing something wrong lol smh see how dumb that sounds. If no one told nc when they're in the wrong then they will keep things running as they are since they would think everyone is happy with the way they do things. Btw they also tell people to leave feedback on the forums, that's exactly what I'm doing so I don't know why some of you have a issue with this discussion, you could have simply not clicked on it geesh.

7 hours ago, Yarnz said:

quit, no one cares since you don't pay

Who said anyone was thinking about quitting and that I don't spend money on this game? Lol I'm a bit of a whale myself, I usually always support them and probably spent more money on this game then I should have. I just came to a realization that there are problems that exist in this game and should be addressed. So I guess everyone should just quit the game if they want things to be fixed instead of bringing them up to NC to make it better then right?

There are people like me who play the game mainly to collect outfits. I was looking forward to the Carnival outfit, as well as the Soha one, but the prices of those two, completely put me off. 

There is no way I would spend 1700 (or whatever the price was) Ncoin on a ONE piece NPC outfit with outdated textures. The Carnival outfit is waaay too overpriced, 2000 coins for just one costume is plain ridiculous. As if it's not enough that we must pay for the wardrobe AND pay for sending outfits over to alts, which is pretty obnoxious.
Every other game I have played had a free wardrobe, in some you could freely send costumes over, having to pay just some gold, in some you could even TRADE outfits!

Wow, amazing, right?! 

Other companies even do occasional sales on their cash shop currencies, or at least upon buying higher amounts, you receive a small bonus of said currency - something I have never seen in this game. Or some even do sales on specific items for a while.

And since I have already wasted more than this company deserves, I decided I will do myself a favor and not buy any more overpriced outfits.

And don't tell me "that's what they must do to make a living". There's plenty of other ways they squeeze money out of their player base, that we're all aware of.

Archived