Forums

[suggestion]Gunner for Gon

Irisdina

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

yun lorethey have become active participants in modern society

here you have Yun descryption:

Yun

"Mysterious and elegant, the Yun inherited the powerful spirit of the Phoenix. Known for their other-worldly beauty and aptitude for the arts, this all female race prefers to commune with nature rather then live within the confides of modern or urban society."

From their descryption you can see that any kind of guns like weapon is totaly anty climatic for this race. Yuns are typical elves from fantasy game/story. Even if there are guns, they rather use magic, sword.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Irisdina said:

here you have Yun descryption:

Yun

"Mysterious and elegant, the Yun inherited the powerful spirit of the Phoenix. Known for their other-worldly beauty and aptitude for the arts, this all female race prefers to commune with nature rather then live within the confides of modern or urban society."

From their descryption you can see that any kind of guns like weapon is totaly anty climatic for this race. Yuns are typical elves from fantasy game/story. Even if there are guns, they rather use magic, sword.

"The Funghuang, a mythical Asian bird, has passed her traits of elegance and grace to her descendants.The Yun’s innate aesthetic skills make them some of the best artisans in all the realm. Other races look to them as the pinnacle of artistic skill and creativity, as the Yun weave beauty into everything they do."The Yun have become increasingly involved in modern society as they look to restore balance to the world. "   

From this i is I get a restore things to a natural order by any means necessary adapting and evolving doesn't mean forgetting your roots. Guns are about as natural as swords both are man made weapons .

@syphin just gonna say npc's are exempt cause we also have juwol a gon swordsman. And onmyugn and Sanjay and lusung being force masters.

uh guys, in my opinion there is nothing call "ugly class" it just depends on the creator ^^ . No need to fight each other like that, I have tried to create char multiple times and the only problem is different races have their own difficulties to create a beautiful one ;) abt Yun I just hate the gender restricted but otherwise everything seem normal to me, all we need is patient :P . I hope they can add Gunslinger class to gon for the sake of gon-lovers and wish ya guys luck on character creation. Patient is the key, blaming and fighting on forum no help ^^

Some image if u guys care :P (I was having fun around with my chars)

On 8/29/2017 at 8:54 AM, Untouchable said:

"The Funghuang, a mythical Asian bird, has passed her traits of elegance and grace to her descendants.The Yun’s innate aesthetic skills make them some of the best artisans in all the realm. Other races look to them as the pinnacle of artistic skill and creativity, as the Yun weave beauty into everything they do."The Yun have become increasingly involved in modern society as they look to restore balance to the world. "   

From this i is I get a restore things to a natural order by any means necessary adapting and evolving doesn't mean forgetting your roots. Guns are about as natural as swords both are man made weapons .

@syphin just gonna say npc's are exempt cause we also have juwol a gon swordsman. And onmyugn and Sanjay and lusung being force masters.

That descriptions seems extremely fabricated given the only two Yuns seen in game that are given a name either tried to destroy the world or was one of the four guardians. 

Also, the in game description says otherwise.  It still says "this all-female race prefers to commune with nature rather than live within the confines of modern, urban society." Thus: Yuns shouldn't be using guns because of three obvious reasons:

A: Guns were created as an industrial method of mass murder. The firearm is the pinnacle of killing machines and weapons, the most advanced its ever going to get until we fuse guns into our bodies in a manner reminiscent of Cyborg from DC Comics. Thus it will directly clash with their "love for nature" and anti urbanization background, as nothing screams urbanization and anti nature than a gun.

B: There is no precedent for Yuns using firearms. This one feeds into the previous reason. Which forms of martial arts have we seen Yuns use? Force Mastery (look at the majority of FM NPCs and the Widows), Blade Mastery (Jiwan and Jinsoyun), and Kung Fu (again look to the Widows again for that as they are the only KFM Yuns in the game). However, beyond that, there are Yuns with no knowledge of any other martial art in the game. The only class left for them is Soul Fighter, which has no precedent in the game except in recent patches since it is a new class.

C: Their build. Have you ever fired a gun before? I'm sure people who have can easily say that you can't just shoot them willy milly, and that someone with a Yun like build can duel wield them easily. Having watched people fire guns before, it becomes fairly obvious that it requires a lot of physical training. Meaning that at the very least, you should have a body like Soha, with just enough muscle behind it so you don't fall over when you shoot the thing. Yuns however, they look like skin and bone. Like if they fired the gun in their own hands, they'd break every bone in their arm. 

Of course Point C is my weakest argument as that is up to character creation. 

However, there are many, and I mean it when I say it, many NPCs in the game that have a Gon build to them, and use firearms. 

Regardless of whether or not NCsoft will listen to us, I will personally find the concept of a Yun gunner as an insult to my intelligence (especially since you need a strong physic to even shoot the bloody thing, let alone preform the par core you see gunners do in game), on account that there is no such thing in cannon, it goes against their lore, and they just lack the build to duel wield them in the matter seen used in the game.

ARC you have 100% right, except 1 point: Point C isnt weakest argument. In true its one of best argument about why Gon with his physical strange should have class which use firearms, especially if Yun which have weak body build which sometimes even looks like it may break with shooting from some higher caliber gun. Ofcourse like you said everything depends from NCsoft, but this topic is to give them suggestion, and talk about this.

14 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

That descriptions seems extremely fabricated given the only two Yuns seen in game that are given a name either tried to destroy the world or was one of the four guardians. 

Also, the in game description says otherwise.  It still says "this all-female race prefers to commune with nature rather than live within the confines of modern, urban society." Thus: Yuns shouldn't be using guns because of three obvious reasons:

A: Guns were created as an industrial method of mass murder. The firearm is the pinnacle of killing machines and weapons, the most advanced its ever going to get until we fuse guns into our bodies in a manner reminiscent of Cyborg from DC Comics. Thus it will directly clash with their "love for nature" and anti urbanization background, as nothing screams urbanization and anti nature than a gun.

B: There is no precedent for Yuns using firearms. This one feeds into the previous reason. Which forms of martial arts have we seen Yuns use? Force Mastery (look at the majority of FM NPCs and the Widows), Blade Mastery (Jiwan and Jinsoyun), and Kung Fu (again look to the Widows again for that as they are the only KFM Yuns in the game). However, beyond that, there are Yuns with no knowledge of any other martial art in the game. The only class left for them is Soul Fighter, which has no precedent in the game except in recent patches since it is a new class.

C: Their build. Have you ever fired a gun before? I'm sure people who have can easily say that you can't just shoot them willy milly, and that someone with a Yun like build can duel wield them easily. Having watched people fire guns before, it becomes fairly obvious that it requires a lot of physical training. Meaning that at the very least, you should have a body like Soha, with just enough muscle behind it so you don't fall over when you shoot the thing. Yuns however, they look like skin and bone. Like if they fired the gun in their own hands, they'd break every bone in their arm. 

Of course Point C is my weakest argument as that is up to character creation. 

However, there are many, and I mean it when I say it, many NPCs in the game that have a Gon build to them, and use firearms. 

Regardless of whether or not NCsoft will listen to us, I will personally find the concept of a Yun gunner as an insult to my intelligence (especially since you need a strong physic to even shoot the bloody thing, let alone preform the par core you see gunners do in game), on account that there is no such thing in cannon, it goes against their lore, and they just lack the build to duel wield them in the matter seen used in the game.

At the end of the day the gunner class is not about strength a KFM/Bm can airborne things far larger then their frames allow it's not a matter of strength when it comes to gunner but chi. And you can interpret it how you like but both things are right there in the lore if you are getting involved in modern society naturally you  would adopt to recent trends even in weaponry. All weapons are for killing which is an unatural act in itself and solely depends on the person using the weapon, whether slicing off a arm or shooting one achieves the same effect , now if it was chemical warfare I could see them not being involved as that effects the environment indiscriminately. Also further into the story you are about to see a whole village of yun.

But this isn't about yun they have the class already it's about why or why not gon should have the gunner class which again I'm all for even if it doesn't fit the race.

I honestly do not see the issue. Make Gon Popular again? If there are people out there who already do not like Gon race, and the Gunner class is already available to them on Jin and Yun race. Why would a non-Gon playing player switch to Gunner on a race that they already do not like? Gunner on a female Gon I can see, but Gunner on a Male Gon? that would look silly. A prior statement in my previous post pointed out the flexibility and athleticism of the races. Gons being the least acrobatic. Gons appear to be more clumsy brutish fighters rather than Nimble, Elegant and Precise. furthermore you have to remember that

with the release of a new class, there will always be 1 or more races that will not have it available to them.

Gon isnt clumsy. Gon is born warrior with powerful, trained body. If some races doesnt fit this class becouse of body then it gonna be Lyn and Yun, becouse of like ARC write theyr body is too delicate. When you shoot gun it have impact onto your arms. How you see it onto delicate Yun arms, or tiny Lin? Gon have powerful strong arms whch allow hm to use even larges caliber guns, and weapons in this game are scaled to character hands, so it dont gonna look comical, becouse guns gonna be a little bigger than this used by Jin (not much but bigger, so this way he wouldnt use "water pistol"). And as i write before: some players dont play Gon becouse they fing classes of this race boring/non atractive already. Gunner is most hyped class so it may give race new population.

But ok. Lets say all Gon players gonna say "we dont wanna gunner give us next class", but this way Lyn wanna next class too (he didnt get SF, and now Gunner), but he have already 2 exclusive classes, and is one of most populated race (with Jin). So how you gonna solve this? There are NO WAY to create class for booth this races. By logic "Gon cant get gunner" he should get some new warrior race (mayby spear), but how you see Lyn using same pure physical class on equal terms? It would be stupid, funny and irrational.

Ofc im not saying Gon shouldnt get gunner.

2 hours ago, Irisdina said:

Gon isnt clumsy. Gon is born warrior with powerful, trained body. If some races doesnt fit this class becouse of body then it gonna be Lyn and Yun, becouse of like ARC write theyr body is too delicate. When you shoot gun it have impact onto your arms. How you see it onto delicate Yun arms, or tiny Lin? Gon have powerful strong arms whch allow hm to use even larges caliber guns, and weapons in this game are scaled to character hands, so it dont gonna look comical, becouse guns gonna be a little bigger than this used by Jin (not much but bigger, so this way he wouldnt use "water pistol"). And as i write before: some players dont play Gon becouse they fing classes of this race boring/non atractive already. Gunner is most hyped class so it may give race new population.

But ok. Lets say all Gon players gonna say "we dont wanna gunner give us next class", but this way Lyn wanna next class too (he didnt get SF, and now Gunner), but he have already 2 exclusive classes, and is one of most populated race (with Jin). So how you gonna solve this? There are NO WAY to create class for booth this races. By logic "Gon cant get gunner" he should get some new warrior race (mayby spear), but how you see Lyn using same pure physical class on equal terms? It would be stupid, funny and irrational.

Ofc im not saying Gon shouldnt get gunner.

Problem is the pistols arent huge,and gunners dont use caliber,they use a small sniper as an ultimate but thats it. Also Yun doesnt have any exclusive class.

I see many using size as a reason for not giving gunner to certain races but that isn't a valid reason at all. There are videos of skinny women and men, heck even children shooting guns so to me any of the races are capable of having gunner as a class.

Yes Yun dont ave exclusive class. Why? It was said alredy many times: most players dont wanna exclusive class to gender locked race from the verry beggining. Devs known that so its obvious they dont gonna shoot themselv into knee by creating it (other way they would do that long time ago (like make Warlock exclusie class for Yun, or even before: Blade Dancer or Summoner). And about weapon size: i said already: weapon is scaled to character hand, so it character is bigger pistols gonna be a little bigger (but not giant). I known that Gunner use Pistols and sniper rifle, but look how powerful shoot it gives. you gonna said its becouse of chi. OK. But it still give recoil/impact your arms/shoulders or for Lyn even push him back with some of skills. Lets be honest. But i think we dont need to disscute if Yun should get this class becouse he gonna get it eather way (even though its anti lore).

@XenokalI known its devs choice, not what players said, but it was example. "with the release of a new class, there will always be 1 or more races that will not have it available to them." isnt really good argument to said some class which is just ideal for some race shouldnt be given for them, becouse this way this race should get class next, but how you see same class for Lyn and Gon? NO WAY to create it. Most ppl already describe Gon as some stupid barbarian idiot which think onyly about killing with his brutal phisycal power, or sex icon, with giant boobs, which she have instead of brain which can onyly swing giant axe or poledance.

Lets just create a petition for a new race, Yuns are horrible and like a lot of people i have no choice but to create a Jin once again, but i am sick of those jins, i want Something new and fresh with a badass standing pose, Gons are ok but i am tired of their unatural standing pose.... lets create a gunner crossing arms just imagine it, that will be awesome...

can we please have this Jins variant available for those who want different standing pose, this is already implemented in game, other region got thise pose give us choice in character creation, make everyone happy :

BTnsOy.jpg

Or this one, look way more badass than the noname lazy boring standing pose we will have...

C0Nig8.jpg

1 hour ago, ombremq said:

BTnsOy.jpg

MB2I7N.jpg

Taken from PlayBNS, but I can find you even older picture from Atomix.ro that used the KR CBT client. Originally that was the default stance pose for the FM.

And yes, all gunslinger characters so far were Jin and Gon, the hell the gunslinger can't be Gon, same as BM can't be Gon even if we have Juwol, we got Yun KFM (even if it happened a bit later than initial release) having Yehara.

I gotta admit that gon not having gunslinger doesn't make sense. There is nothing wrong with yun and jin having the class, but definitely something wrong with gon not having it. The female gunner assistant of the new admiral (one with a scar on her chest) looks really fitting after all. But alas, this isn't up to us to decide but to the korean devs so we probably can only hope.

One thing, my biggest issue with female gon is the idle stance... It just looks so unatural and very clipping inducing. I've always wanted to make a female gon, but I just get so taken aback due to the stance. I have a yun fm, a fem jin bm, a fem jin sf. I've recently made a kfm and I had wanted to make a fem gon, but I just couldn't... The stance looks just wrong so I decided to roll with jin instead... I'll probably make a destro in the future, but then thst character would probably be a he..

23 hours ago, CoolKnight said:

No on the wiki it says she is a legit Gon.....And we have Yun Destroyers As Npc As Well In Desolate Tomb O.o

Those aren't Yuns dude <.<

Are they? Because that's pretty freaking weird if they are. I mean, they never looked like Yuns. I guess the only way to find out is to check their ears. Yuns have elf like ears.

Also, can we stop calling Gon clumsy and brutish? I get we might get that idea because they're holding a giant ax in one class and using their fists for another (at least on release), but that in no way makes them clumsy or stupid. In fact, Destroyer has required more of my intelligence than any other class I've played so far in this game, mostly because everyone already knows its tricks and its animations are so slow and telegraphed (well, it is a pretty heavy ax they're carrying), so I've always have to be several steps ahead.

Let's also not forget that when the trailer for this game released, Gons were the only ones using the KFM, which requires a lot of discipline to master. 

So for the last time: Gons are the warrior's race. Strong, powerful, loyal, and has high prowess on the battlefield. When you think of that one guy who looks like he could wreck you all, odds are that guy is going to be a Gon. But however, because this game is what it is, it's an annoying lil spirit calling Lyn with the body of a 3 year old. Thanks devs.

Also, please let us change our default pose? There's way better (and yes, more natural) poses that my Des, KFM, SF, and FM could be using. Plus it really doesn't fit her at all.

There is going on some wrong information all over the place here. Calling juwol yun is serious lack of observation. She is one of the most default gons with the 4th complexion in c.creator. Slave women in dt and toe are all gons. Even bodies are enough to give them away. Differences on faces are like night and day.

Yehara is also not yun. She is jin.

Lusung is a jin fm & kfm. The guy has talent -_-

1 hour ago, CoolKnight said:

Ah maybe they are Gons...Skinniest ones ive seen anyways xD

yepp they are are gons, the same as in lil tomb ;) just in the DT they both have yun dance

fun fact: The guy there has male lyn dance 2 and the cobalt twins (bsh) arnt yun too, they are Jins...just saw that on a screenshot i took. they have no spikey ears and the one eye tatoo from the red haired only for jins ^^

On 9/3/2017 at 5:22 PM, SephiraBlack said:

yepp they are are gons, the same as in lil tomb ;) just in the DT they both have yun dance

fun fact: The guy there has male lyn dance 2 and the cobalt twins (bsh) arnt yun too, they are Jins...just saw that on a screenshot i took. they have no spikey ears and the one eye tatoo from the red haired only for jins ^^

speaking of the sexy twins :D...Could they be Soul Fighters? lol....And why havent we seen a Soul Fighter as one of the 8 Masters! :(.......Also Who is That Girl On The MSP 8 Set?

On 6.9.2017 at 9:33 PM, CoolKnight said:

speaking of the sexy twins :D...Could they be Soul Fighters? lol....And why havent we seen a Soul Fighter as one of the 8 Masters! :(.......Also Who is That Girl On The MSP 8 Set?

yepp the sexy bayonetta twins and i think they are SF, the firsts sf ingame ^^

and the girl on msp set, its like WLs just random char ^^

Archived