Silverfrost Refining Stones as a replacement for weapon grind

Kozuki

At the present, we can exchange 200 Silverfrost Refining Stones for a Dark/Light stone to upgrade True Ivorymoon in to Baleful/Seraph Stage 1. After this stage, we no longer need refining stones, and it will keep stocking up in the warehouse uselessly. It can be used on alts, yeah, but only for a brief time

I think it is a good idea making use of Refining stones as a place holder for Baleful/Seraph 1-10, by allowing these stage make use of Dark/Light Stones with increased number the higher the stage is.

In short, it goes like this:

-Stage 1-4: one Dark/Light stone per stage, which is 200 refining stone per stage to exchange.

-Stage 4-7: two Dark/Light stones per stage, which is 400 refining stone per stage.

-Stage 7-10: three Dark/Light stones per stage, which is 600 refining stone per stage.

-Stage 10+: gamble with your RNG again. Or go buy Brilliant Key.

It will save players from RNG with weapon chests in older dungeons by having a "stone-grind" instead, especially when they have a surplus of Refining stones. Of course, during their grind, they might come across the weapon they need for current stage, thus they can save their Refining Stones for other stage where they don't have the respective weapon.

This seems like a good alternative to either storing or chucking existing stones. As the OP stated, it uses an already in place mechanic (like the gradual increase in pet enhancement stones needed or sacred oils used) and doesn't have to replace the existing system, just give an additional option. Had the Nebula stone event not shown up when it did, I would still be grinding for an Accursed Weapon, this would at least give another option without wasting the stones.

1 minute ago, swpz said:

Silly.

It's far easier to farm a weapon than it is to farm 200-600 stones.

So no.

Except that isn't always the case. I HAVE 700 stones, I didn't have the Accursed Weapon, and I WAS farming it. Sometimes RNG just sucks.

43 minutes ago, Noalaa said:

Except that isn't always the case. I HAVE 700 stones, I didn't have the Accursed Weapon, and I WAS farming it. Sometimes RNG just sucks.

You realize OP is suggesting 200-600 stones per level of upgrade right?

On average you get 2-7 stones per lower tier dungeon cleared. So anywhere from ~90-300 runs to farm stones for a single upgrade. With 90+ weapon boxes, it seems unlikely that you can't drop what you need. My worst was 15 boxes before I got what I needed and there's always the brilliant key option to go if you're getting frustrated. Changing to stones only would be silly.

I don't think he asking to "change to stones", only to add them as an option. Either way, starting from scratch would be a grind for either process. RNG is just that, random, and  just because you never had an issue with a dropped weapon in 15 runs, doesn't mean there is NOT a precedence for others having a far longer grind.  I would see this more as an additional option or combination of options. I have 600 stones, and a Xanos weapon, I use the 600 for one weapon BT and the Xanos for the other. Why does it have to be one or the other, why not both? How is having an additional option silly?

2 hours ago, swpz said:

You realize OP is suggesting 200-600 stones per level of upgrade right?

On average you get 2-7 stones per lower tier dungeon cleared. So anywhere from ~90-300 runs to farm stones for a single upgrade. With 90+ weapon boxes, it seems unlikely that you can't drop what you need. My worst was 15 boxes before I got what I needed and there's always the brilliant key option to go if you're getting frustrated. Changing to stones only would be silly.

It is an additional option. If you read my post carefully, I already said that "if you come across the weapon you need, you can save the stones for the weapon you don't have". So yeah, if you grind 10 times, getting 50 stones and manage to get the weapon you need, you can move on and save them for the next weapon you need. Even if you pass the stage where you no longer need them, they can still be used on alts who have to go through the same grind.

Also, Trove (at least the last one) also give Dark/Light stone, so together with refining stones, they can help players nicely skip some weapon stage, if implemented.

Also, the exchange cost is just what I think to be reasonable to grind. It can be changed, like Stage 1-6 need 1 Dark/Light stone, Stage 6-10 need 2 Dark/Light Stone.

Archived