iokunn

Really important question about September 13th Patch

iokunn   

Is the new crafting system coming with this patch???

I cant stand this updating materials prices anymore please tell me that i wont need those ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing silverfrost quarts anymore PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Wiri   

No, unfortunately new crafting system will come with lv 55 patch which is not gonna happen on Sept 13

Edited by Wiri

iokunn   
3 minutes ago, Wiri said:

No, new crafting system will come with lv 55 patch which is not gonna happen on Sept 13

Well then I have lost my faith in this game. I just want I a good game play experience but if progression is going to be this hell ill step aside because even if i chose to play the gunner i wont be able to update my gear. Cya.

Shunaia   
21 hours ago, Daneel said:

[removed by moderators]

It's replies like these that usually get ME into trouble with moderators, because they'll see me as trolling or whatever. Also, some people just go all out with spiteful, hateful kind of talk, and I wonder why they don't get banned. I'm not saying YOU deserve to be banned, for saying something like this, but I guess I just get the WORST luck when it comes to forum moderation. lol

Anyway, to get back onto the topic here, would someone mind linking some info that shows HOW the new crafting system is supposed to work? For a long while, I was only under the impression that certain material costs were to be reduces, but didn't know an actual NEW system itself was in the works.

I only care to know because I want to work on the "Crafty Collector" achievement for the outfit and adornment from making all of the craftable cosmetics between all of the tradeskills. If it's going to be easier, and/or faster to do with some new system in place, I'm ALL for it.^^

After being forced to SELL all of my "Small Dragon Certificates", and NOT have them replaced with the new versions of the SAME item, I had to sell around 125 of them for mere copper coins, that I had been saving in my inventory. NOW, I have to do daily quests/challenges just to get the THREE I need for making one of the materials that takes 5 hours to make. recently, I've decided to do dungeons that aren't in the DC for any given day, just so I can make a second of that material, 5 hours later.

So basically, I can only make two of these per day, because I have to farm the mats to MAKE mats so that eventually, I can make the outfit and adornment for one tradeskill, DUMP that tradeskill to pick up a new one, and then do this months-long craft-a-thon all over again, but with other materials for other cosmetic items.

One of the other regions had some event where the craftable outfits were acquired from either HM Store or some sort of RNG kind of thing, but I'm not sure if simply owning those outfits without crafting them actually helps go toward the achievement needed to make the "ultimate" outfit and adornment items, etc..

Anyway, if anyone has a nifty webpage I can peruse, please, link it here.

Thanks much.^^

Wiri   

@Shunaia

Spreadsheets for new crafting system

2 hours ago, iokunn said:

Well then I have lost my faith in this game. I just want I a good game play experience but if progression is going to be this hell ill step aside because even if i chose to play the gunner i wont be able to update my gear. Cya.

Sorry to see you go, but it's not my problem and not like I care actually.. cya

Edited by Wiri

Shunaia   
3 minutes ago, Wiri said:

@Shunaia you're welcome

I lightly skimmed a few of the tabs' lists, and notice one thing: NO "Dragon Certificates" are being used, but in their place, some other materials are needed in pretty big quantities per craftable item. I hope they aren't a pain in the butt to get, in those amounts, and I hope they don't take too much time to gather what's needed for each item I want to craft. So WHY did the BNS team get rid of "Small Dragon Certificate", to make "non-small" versions of them, did NOT simply convert them or allow for us to have a 1:1 exchange/trade for them, if they're going to get rid of them altogether for this new, upcoming system to work? I'm wondering if the current "non-small" versions of this item are merely a placeholder UNTIL the new system is plugged into the live servers. In THAT case, they could've just left the original ones alone. I STILL never got an official answer as to WHY they changed these items and didn't just convert our old ones into the new ones. This makes it so any of the ones I had originally stockpiled "for a rainy day" went to waste, and now, I'm pretty much re-farming them, but for their NEW/current versions instead, to make items that already take 5 hours a piece to craft.

There is NO reason why the crafting content in this game should be so severely time-gated. In games like FFXI, back in the day, certain named mobs (aka "Notorious Monsters") were on a 24-hour or even a 48-hour spawn cycle, which means every 24 or 48 hours, respectively, you had that ONE chance in that long wait, to claim and kill one of those mobs for their loot. I didn't like it, and I SAY I 'understand", but I see no logical reasoning behind the time-gating of such content.

In this game, crafting a Silverfrost Pickaxe takes an entire day, being 24 hours of real time. Some items take 5 hours, while a few others take 20 hours.

-But why...? There's NO reason they could tell us that would satisfy me as being "understandable", and I would never be convinced that it makese sense at all.

It's like how it takes 4 or 5 seconds to pick up a bottle of wine off of a table to give to some NPC, so you can get him to tell you how to get into the Ebondrake Lair, via the Vault.

Four seconds to pick some bottle of wine off of a table...? It's like taking 8-10 seconds to turn a doorknob to open a door so you can watch a loading screen, or how you can take a Dragon Pulse to get somewhere faster than if you RAN on foot or flew there, but you're forced to watch a cutscene of your character somehow kicking off of AIR, after launching up into the sky, so they can propel themselves forward, across some huge map - but YOU aren't allowed to type anything in chat while you wait for the silly cutscene, and you can't manage your inventory windows or anything productive/constructive, to make use of the downtime.

In real life, I don't think I've ever taken 10 seconds to turn a doorknob, but that's just me.^^;

Wiri   
1 hour ago, SillyKitty said:

Well, I wouldn't count it out just yet, according to their announcement there will be some system updates. Now we do know that they can seperate elements of updates and release them separately.

It prob mean for 12 man raid update.

Crafting revamp is something huge that gonna affect the economy and it will less likely happen at the same time with gunner + 12 man raid.

It may make the game even more buggy, too much work for bug fixing and also bringing too much update as one time doesn't bring any much profit to them tbh in a long term.

Also I saw somewhere said there is some material only available when lv 55 patch hit, not sure if it's true.

If crafting revamp will be on sept 13, there should be an announcement already cause some job will be remove and so on and player need to be aware of that, but I do believe they want us to focus more on new class (that's what Special Announcement mean for tho) rather than worrying about what will happen when the new crafting system come.

So, imo I don't think Crafting Revamp will be apply on Sept 13 but somewhere at the end of this year.

Edited by Wiri