Lower currency exchange rate

DannyInfect

I Keep trying to sell my gold on there to prepare for new outfits and all, been 4 days and haven't been able to exchange my gold. Now there are new outfits that I want in F10. One thing that everyone said was good about blade and soul was the currency exchange, now that's taken away since you can't sell gold for HMcoins. I'd be glad if the minimum 3.00 rate was lowered down before these outfits leave.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Plushtrap said:

If they lower the rate people adjust to it and sell for 1:2 or 1:2.5 if they really want something. I don't know how you think that's gonna work out.

That's the point, if people cant sell gold and get HMcoin at the current rate, it should be lowered, i'd gladly sell my gold at a 2.5 rate.

Yeah but do you really think your gold will get sold if others do the same? It's gonna be the same problem as it is now, you won't sell any because there's just too much supply and the demand doesn't rise significantly.

But as a tip, I know some people who get their gold sold when they just put up like 1k for a slightly higher rate (or 1k in general). I didn't believe it either at first, but seems to work. /shrug

Lowering the exchange rate will NOT help. It will only mean our gold wont sell for ANYTHING at all, do you really think a lower ratio is going to help any of us? What needs to be done is the system itself has to have an overhaul, where enormous amounts of spammy 10g listings cant be made

plush, inugami and dad all understand reality.    regardless of the minimum price, it will stack up at the bottom. there is just too much gold.

when I played PWI, the Chinese bots were even abusing the 1 coin trash drops. they would just bot endlessly and end up with decent money because there were many. pwi finally removed all cash values from pretty much anything that dropped to stop that crap.

I have been yapping about more gold sinks to get rid of excess gold since forever. things like  gold in-game cash shops that are character bound items like sunglasses, hats, earrings, masks, fancy pauldrons etc etc.  non tradeable stuff to stop all the exploitations, just sink gold.

IMO it was a HUGE mistake removing remote quest turn-in and travel fees. that left me with lots of extra gold over time.

believe me, you used to have to use strategy/logistics to do your stuff on the cheap. almost a game inside the game, but all gone now.

It is because players have been complaining over and over again about the fees in the game. The mail fees for the gem were supposed to be a gold sink, but they reduced them down to the ground. Now, people can mail the gems back and forth to all their alts and run the dungeons. Thus, people have tons of golds by just having several alts. 

Right now, I don't see any gold sinks in the game besides the currency exchange tab. However, when there is huge amount of golds with little resources of HM coins (venture tokens) in the game, of course people can't sell their golds. In addition to the recent hot sales in daily HM store (such as oils and PSTS with very low prices), everyone is rushing to turn their golds into HM coins as well. 

My suggestions would be increasing the drop rate of the venture tokens in game, increasing the mail fee of all the materials such as gems or making an event that can do a massive gold sink such as putting a super rare item in the RNG box in the game where players can buy them with in-game golds directly. 

5 hours ago, FrozenB said:

It is because players have been complaining over and over again about the fees in the game. The mail fees for the gem were supposed to be a gold sink, but they reduced them down to the ground. Now, people can mail the gems back and forth to all their alts and run the dungeons. Thus, people have tons of golds by just having several alts. 

Right now, I don't see any gold sinks in the game besides the currency exchange tab. However, when there is huge amount of golds with little resources of HM coins (venture tokens) in the game, of course people can't sell their golds. In addition to the recent hot sales in daily HM store (such as oils and PSTS with very low prices), everyone is rushing to turn their golds into HM coins as well. 

My suggestions would be increasing the drop rate of the venture tokens in game, increasing the mail fee of all the materials such as gems or making an event that can do a massive gold sink such as putting a super rare item in the RNG box in the game where players can buy them with in-game golds directly. 

Well they can always make clothes merchants actually sell outfits instead of just pvp uniforms. Regional based clothes and accessaries for a fair sum of gold, RNG boxes bought with gold would also help too.

7 hours ago, DannyInfect said:

That's the point, if people cant sell gold and get HMcoin at the current rate, it should be lowered, i'd gladly sell my gold at a 2.5 rate.

and the next one will come and put it 1:2.4 and the next at 1:2.3 until it becomes 1:1 the way to fix that is that the ones selling gold stop putting low amounts of gold and spamming the currecy exchange trying to sell their gold first but will that happen? Hell no cause everyone only cares for themselfs and when they dont get it start posts like this one

7 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Easy: Just make Trove event allows players to spend 15g per attempt per directly, instead of having to buy keys (which is a cheaper alternative when bought in bulk). This will drive people's gambling blood, and make them broke in no time. There is still daily limit of 20, of course, so people still have an incentive to whale for keys. F2P players still have their daily free keys.

Outside of Troves, just make something gambling but profitable to sink gold. For example, you make it cost 1/3 material to make an oil, but the oil only have 50% chance of success (a.k.a another Premium Silverfrost Transformation Stone). Gold spent to buy materials will vanish quickly. 

I actually like the low exchange rate as someone who sometimes sells ncoin when it was like 1:8 wasn't making nuffin 50gold for 400 ncoin can't even buy 30 moonstones with that. There are a lot of players and a lot of demand for hmcoin and not as many gold sellers. Selling trove spins for gold won't really benefit the company but now that BT is gonna be 12 man and no longer thee endgame dungeon they could probably sell a once a week reset in dragon express for the dungeon for like 400g cause the ring is still real. Let's be real nobody buys 10 khan day vihar resets for bt.

21 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

plush, inugami and dad all understand reality.    regardless of the minimum price, it will stack up at the bottom. there is just too much gold.

when I played PWI, the Chinese bots were even abusing the 1 coin trash drops. they would just bot endlessly and end up with decent money because there were many. pwi finally removed all cash values from pretty much anything that dropped to stop that crap.

I have been yapping about more gold sinks to get rid of excess gold since forever. things like  gold in-game cash shops that are character bound items like sunglasses, hats, earrings, masks, fancy pauldrons etc etc.  non tradeable stuff to stop all the exploitations, just sink gold.

IMO it was a HUGE mistake removing remote quest turn-in and travel fees. that left me with lots of extra gold over time.

believe me, you used to have to use strategy/logistics to do your stuff on the cheap. almost a game inside the game, but all gone now.

The main issue with a lot of our gold sinks was that they felt like punishments for playing normally. (like the massive whining over gem mailing costs) 

I do like your suggestions though, on having more voluntary gold sinks. Outfit vendors can sell the outfits from local dungeons, as in, all the obsolete blue dungeons and 24-man areas and wheel of fortune outfits that are a pain to grind, for somewhere between 50-200g each. So someone that wants something like say... the outfit from frostscale basin can just sink some gold instead of trying to solo-farm a 24-man for hours on end. 

As for the currency exchange, there's always been this problem where large gold amount offerings have a higher minimum price. Which is backwards and encourages these minimum amount spam listings.

A potential fix might be to scale the taxes. 1: Get a reduced tax for higher gold amount listings, as an example, a 10g listing might have a 25% tax on the hmcoin recived while a 1000 gold listing might have a 10% tax (Maybe not to that extent, but just to give the idea) 2: make it like f5 in that more consecutive listings per day have increased tax rates. Either of those would encourage people to make bigger listings and to make less of them overall. It's even more convenient for buyers because I'm sure swiping for 500g is a LOT of clicking right now. 

5 minutes ago, swpz said:

I see little reason for a limit. People should be allowed to sell for what they want to sell at.

If they didn't set a limit, then by now the rate would be 1:1 or even 3:1. Do you want to spend 6X more golds just to buy an outfit in HM store?

Idk about you, but I won't sell my gold any lower than 1:3, or I won't sell it at all.

Maybe you play 24/7 and you are full geared, but for those of us that actually struggle making any significant amount, a limit is just a bless.

Also, removing the limit won't solve anything, it will just kill the worth of HM Coins.

It is no point buying gold from currency exchange because you get more profit if you buy items from f10 and sell those items. Like radiant energies are 20 gold in eu and game sell it 30 hm coin each. If you would sell 20 gold 1:3 rate you would get 60 hm coins and make 20 gold profit by selling energies again for the market. 

9 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If they didn't set a limit, then by now the rate would be 1:1 or even 3:1. Do you want to spend 6X more golds just to buy an outfit in HM store?

If that is what the market dictated, then yes.

I don't like controlled markets where there are statutory caps. That simply leads to monopolies where certain parties hold all the advantage and others are always sidelined. The lack of undercutting these days due to the 3 cap is quite detrimental to players who wish to sell fast - and are willing to sell lower but cannot. It also limits options for buyers who are naturally looking for a better deal.

Also, it seems that most posters here are basically sellers who want to keep their protected ratios where as they fail to consider the ones buying - who would clearly like the ratio lowered as it would benefit them.

2 hours ago, swpz said:

If that is what the market dictated, then yes.

I don't like controlled markets where there are statutory caps. That simply leads to monopolies where certain parties hold all the advantage and others are always sidelined. The lack of undercutting these days due to the 3 cap is quite detrimental to players who wish to sell fast - and are willing to sell lower but cannot. It also limits options for buyers who are naturally looking for a better deal.

Also, it seems that most posters here are basically sellers who want to keep their protected ratios where as they fail to consider the ones buying - who would clearly like the ratio lowered as it would benefit them.

it's called a fair trade for the lower players.

You all ignore the fact some people actually start from 0... are you all are so ignorant that you are taking away they joy of a poor sap to get the suit the dreams of... or maybe a important mat that hey might struggle to get, or even better your saying that people play 24/7 to get the gold.

You do know that the legendary jewels take a lot of gold right ? and even the weapon's ....  damn I would LOVE that this forum get's an upgrade were you have to link your ing as well... since they already made it so that you need a lvl 1. char. to be able to post.....  because I would love to see some of your guys gear. at least we can understand why you are so eager to screw other lower people.

I fail to see how lowering the ratio "screws lower people" - it would benefit lower people actually. Cheaper gold, say if it was a 1:1 ratio, then 10 bucks would get you 800 gold. You can do a lot with 800 gold as a lower geared player - to the tune of 3-4 upgrade levels -  where as currently you can only get roughly 250 gold which is one upgrade.

Lower players aren't the ones farming gold to sell for HM coin last I checked. Their gold is better spent on upgrades to their gear. People who buy from F9/10 and people on subscriptions are the ones supporting this game as well.

What a lower ratio will do is screw people who farm gold nonstop to convert into HM coin. From another viewpoint, it would likely be beneficial to NC as well as gold right now is being used in lieu of NC coin purchases as gold is still worth substantially more than NC coin. Bringing both to parity or below (no doubt below simply due to the number of gold farmers/bots around) would make direct NC coin purchases more appealing. Mean why bother buying NC coin if one can simply run alts for quartz and have hundreds of G intake from that which translates into NC coin?

What any of this doesn't affect are people who don't buy anything at all and are simply playing for free.

Oh my gear?

It's terrible. You don't want to know.

2 minutes ago, swpz said:

I fail to see how lowering the ratio "screws lower people" - it would benefit lower people actually. Cheaper gold, say if it was a 1:1 ratio, then 10 bucks would get you 800 gold. You can do a lot with 800 gold as a lower geared player - to the tune of 3-4 upgrade levels -  where as currently you can only get roughly 250 gold which is one upgrade.

What a lower ratio will do is screw people who farm gold nonstop to convert into HM coin.

What it doesn't affect are people who don't buy anything at all and are simply playing for free.

Low geared people cant make much gold specially when high geared people ask insane ap like 800ap for dungeons that were doable in 4 man with under 600 like yeti masts gloom etc. And the only ones who would benefit from removing the limit are whales like you that want to use your cards and get everything easily without having to work for anything inside the game. And yes low geared people could spend some bucks to get gold but not all can do that and even if they would do that they would gear up quick and know nothing about the game and get yelled at dungeons cause they cant do mechs or dont know how to play cause they grew too fast

4 minutes ago, ShadowNIghtmare said:

Low geared people cant make much gold specially when high geared people ask insane ap like 800ap for dungeons that were doable in 4 man with under 600 like yeti masts gloom etc. And the only ones who would benefit from removing the limit are whales like you that want to use your cards and get everything easily without having to work for anything inside the game. And yes low geared people could spend some bucks to get gold but not all can do that and even if they would do that they would gear up quick and know nothing about the game and get yelled at dungeons cause they cant do mechs or dont know how to play cause they grew too fast

Thankfully we have normal mode where there are no such things known as "mechanics" and people can still play the game any way they damn well please.

By the way the new attack requirements are only cause HM points were added. Before HM points 800 AP players would have roughly 650 AP. Now, as you have HM attack, the new "requirement" is 800. Nothing has really changed at all. It's still the "same" requirement in a way. Put the points into attack and that 600 becomes 800.

"Whales like me" are who pays for the game, you have a free game because of people who are willing to shell out for it. I'm not really a whale by the way, I do spend... now and then, but no where near what would be classified as a "whale".

2 minutes ago, swpz said:

Thankfully we have normal mode where there are no such things known as "mechanics" and people can still play the game any way they damn well please.

By the way the new attack requirements are only cause HM points were added. Before HM points 800 AP players would have roughly 650 AP. Now, as you have HM attack, the new "requirement" is 800. Nothing has really changed at all. It's still the "same" requirement in a way.

"Whales like me" are who pays for the game, you have a free game because of people who are willing to shell out for it. I'm not really a whale by the way, I do spend... now and then, but no where near what would be classified as a "whale".

so you are saying that the HM points dont add ap so you need to ask for higher ap cause the HM is a fake stat?

Just now, ShadowNIghtmare said:

so you are saying that the HM points dont add ap so you need to ask for higher ap cause the HM is a fake stat?

No, let me give you an example. I took a year break, at the time I took this break I was at 700 AP.

When I came back, I got very confused as to why someone in True Ivorymoon could get 700 AP when I needed Baleful 9 for that. I also became very confused as to why things like DT, EC, needed "800 AP" - it's as if something had happened while I was gone.

Then I figured out what the problem was, HM attack points. Putting 40 into attack shot my attack from 700 -> 860.

What is the point? The requirements haven't actually "changed", they simply adapted to the new attack that EVERYONE could access due to HM skill points. So say DT that used to need 600 AP to complete, well now it needs 800 simply because 800 is accessible with HM attack. That and the lack of mechanics mean that you need higher AP to complete before enrage.

Archived