Jump to content
Forums

Player/Clan Housing opinions?


Recommended Posts

How about we start a small discussion? When you level up in blade and soul you get these surveys, and in one of those there is a question that I cared most about and that is what we would like to see in blade and soul, a few options are wings, mounts and housing.. In my opinion wings and mounts seem a bit unnecessary in b&s.. It seems somewhat unrealistic to me personally. But housing I feel like is more plausible. There is a lot of buildings in gunwon city and zaiwei that are unused and empty, some just has doors with no way to get in and if housing was to be in the game it could use those assets. If housing would be in the game I feel as though it would make b&s feel more alive and give it another reason to play other than get good gear or pvp all day, clan housing I feel like would be a very good thing to add into the game as it would make it more social. You could work together to improve your clan home, you could craft more things in the clan crafting or even just add more things to the crafting guilds.. Merry potters could make pots and things like that, radiant ring could create things like clocks to hang on the wall, the tree fellers could provide wood to craft benches and tables and so on. I feel like having clan housing would give another purpose to playing the game, I for one would love to just gather materials with my friends to build up our own home, it would give me atleast another reason to play this game, right now all I do is finishing the daily challenge and event things and then quit, I would love to have another reason to continue playing after I'm done with all my daily stuff. So what is your opinions? Good or bad idea, and why?

(Sorry if this has been asked before I looked but didn't see anything recent)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wings already exist on other servers, and should be/need to be implemented on ours

 

I'd like it very much if we had housing similar to aion, except without the constant maintinence fees and threat of loosing the house. It'd be nice if bosses dropped special trophies that can be displayed on tables/ walls and such like in aion 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of clan Halls /housing.

 

Lineage 2 has clan Halls which are located in every major town. To in one you have to win a bid at an auction NPC and then there is a monthly fee to keep it. There are also raid clan Halls you have to fight for to keep instead of paying. But they also have provisional clan Halls which are basically their own instance. Not as much benefits as a physical clan Halls but the idea would work well here.

 

Aion has the housing where you either pay for your house and pay a fee to keep it or you get a free dorm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Inugami said:

Wings already exist on other servers, and should be/need to be implemented on ours

 

I'd like it very much if we had housing similar to aion, except without the constant maintinence fees and threat of loosing the house. It'd be nice if bosses dropped special trophies that can be displayed on tables/ walls and such like in aion 

Wings only exist on the Chinese servers and they're not run by NCsoft.  We're not likely to get them unless Korean servers decide to add them too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Inugami said:

Wings already exist on other servers, and should be/need to be implemented on ours

 

I'd like it very much if we had housing similar to aion, except without the constant maintinence fees and threat of loosing the house. It'd be nice if bosses dropped special trophies that can be displayed on tables/ walls and such like in aion 

I didn't know they had it.. I just googled and to me it looked a bit... idk odd? I can see the appeal tho.. and yeah I about houses I think you should have to pay like a rent thing but not have it super extreme, maybe just 50g per month or something.. Would be pretty easy to pay if it's a clan house you basically get that if you have ranked up in clan battleground so shouldn't be too hard.. Just for the added realism I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

I love the idea of clan Halls /housing.

 

Lineage 2 has clan Halls which are located in every major town. To in one you have to win a bid at an auction NPC and then there is a monthly fee to keep it. There are also raid clan Halls you have to fight for to keep instead of paying. But they also have provisional clan Halls which are basically their own instance. Not as much benefits as a physical clan Halls but the idea would work well here.

 

Aion has the housing where you either pay for your house and pay a fee to keep it or you get a free dorm.

That sounds awesome tbh, clan halls <3 it would be so fun if we had that! and that raid clan halls seems even more cool, man I wish we had that in bns

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dubdubb said:

That sounds awesome tbh, clan halls <3 it would be so fun if we had that! and that raid clan halls seems even more cool, man I wish we had that in bns

I just don't know what BnS would do for an incentive if they did something similar. with L2 clan halls had a decent bonus to owning one, baby buffs, exp regain, a heal if you ported back when you died, cheaper or free teleports and crafting of specific items. None of that though would apply here as we don't have buffs, don't lose exp when dying, crafts are all done through h, teleport are off the map and dirt cheap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn on this. On one hand I love the idea, being able to have clan housing and maybe a clan storage unit! It would bring some more immersion into the game which I think we all have been craving besides the day-in-day-out, 2nd job, grind fest.

 

But on the other had this makes me a little bit worried. When WoW got garrisons, the major cities became ghost towns, Chat was dead, one felt alone in this huge game. I feel like people would just afk in there Clan homes instead of at the dragon traders. I know it would be a bit different because you still have to go do all ur quest and there f8, but the world would seem dead.

 

Plus I feel this game doesn't really care about anything that's not combat related which is sad, as beautiful as the world is. Don't get me wrong I love the combat,best combat I have seen in a MMO, I just don't think it was made to cater to the RPG.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...