Daily challenge on Monday is not very newbie-friendly

Kozuki

4 hours ago, newbiez said:

nowadays i dont trust those bm that have hm block since i meet high hm bm that doesnt have that skill xD

That skill is expensive to get, and also depending on what boss your fighting, what you spec it to, also affects cool down, In a 1k Raven+ group in NS for example, I set to parry, because it blocks all AOE for 3 seconds vs the 3 hits over 5 seconds, the cool down is never finished before Xanos fires his 5 shot again (60 seconds) but in DT, for boss 2, i use the party protect over 5 seconds vs the parry for 3, and it's always cooled down before he does his 3 shot AOE attack because it takes forever for him to get to it again.

It could be lack of experience, long cool down which they all have, or simply not having the HM skill (parry) depending on what your doing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/08/2017 at 7:17 AM, Riozu said:

They stated they were increasing the difficulty and reward with dark origins. But Cold Storage + Avalanche Den + a Tag match win is not hard. The thing you're complaining about is the tag match but it should only take you 30 minutes at most to get a tag win, especially if you're sitting at 1300 people are just afking in tags for the event, join a lobby recruiting in the bottom left that says no afk or the ones that just say tags. Don't join the afk lobbies by accident. Arena pvp is purely balanced in terms of gear, as long as your class is not soul fighter or you're not high ping then you should be able to win one tag within 30 minutes. Even then getting carried in tag matches is fairly common, happens to me everyday for the event multiple time when I go first and waste my tab and just insta die.

Soul fighter is really good in 3v3

21 hours ago, Twan7718 said:

i think the real issue here is the more experienced players don't want to teach the new players the mechanics and take them through the dungeon. I have on occasion grabbed someone I don't know out of faction chat and taught dungeons and mechanics to them just myself and them to make them a better player for cross server parties. 

Oh, good to see  im not alone in this respect.

I wish i could speak same language as the "student". So far i identified 2 obstacles namely language barrier and motivation. The latter is critical as there are people who deliberately wants to be carried and basically want no part at all in learning :(

Leaving the party and find others for me is no solution as they'll spread and mess another, I need a way to help "drilling the thick skull" and actually jam mechanics and hopefully motivation inside.

Currently we have new generation of sum and sin who don't know how to stealth in Citadel, FM and Des who don't know how to use their sheath. Guide and vid will only help if they were given chance to practice what they watch/read which unfortunately never really or inadequately provided.

I would love to see a haven F8 where i could just LFP or announce. I don't like putting myself in bubble of limited community.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

Oh, good to see  im not alone in this respect.

I wish i could speak same language as the "student". So far i identified 2 obstacles namely language barrier and motivation. The latter is critical as there are people who deliberately wants to be carried and basically want no part at all in learning :(

Leaving the party and find others for me is no solution as they'll spread and mess another, I need a way to help "drilling the thick skull" and actually jam mechanics and hopefully motivation inside.

Currently we have new generation of sum and sin who don't know how to stealth in Citadel, FM and Des who don't know how to use their sheath. Guide and vid will only help if they were given chance to practice what they watch/read which unfortunately never really or inadequately provided.

I would love to see a haven F8 where i could just LFP or announce. I don't like putting myself in bubble of limited community.

unfortunately, not everyone is motivated as you said to learn. I won't waste my time teaching someone that doesn't want to actually learn. A function where someone could announce they were going to mentor people in dungeons who actually want to learn would be amazing. I would like to think that not everyone is just out for themselves, something like this could and would strengthen the community and make for better players all around. I see a lot of clans fail because of this issue right here, where if there is nothing in it for them, they can't be bothered and will tell you straight out they don't care.  I'm very lucky to be in the clan I am now, where we all talk and offer suggestions and help each other through things and learn, painfully at times, to get the job done. 

Archived