Daily challenge on Monday is not very newbie-friendly

Kozuki

NAh - it's time to join a decent clan.

There's a difference between a 900+ AP group running EC and a 750 AP group running EC? No shit. Of course there's a difference - the former completely outgears and facerolls the instance while the latter can clear the instance without issue if they know how to play, albeit slower (obviously).

Most people in F8 are either pure lazy (looking for brainless 10 min runs) or legit insane with what they expect gear-wise out of normal mode EC and DT parties. Many people go as far as to instantly leave the queue if they see a HM7 or HM8 player in the party. It's actually dumb as hell. A more or less fresh level 50 who has spent a few hours getting the basic things out of the way and has about ~750 AP can easily clear these instances with a similarly geared party assuming the people in their party understand how to play the game and how the bosses work.

Just find a clan and avoid F8 until you're geared enough to join the retard faceroll party with everyone else

What if others do not know how bosses work? Are you willing to get wiped out 10 times in EC and spend 40 mins for a daily? Or just quit and find a better group where ppls know what to do. Sometimes the latter could be faster.

I do most of dailies through Xserver. And I think it is hard for me to explain the difference between lazy and efficient. In theory, you can clear NS with 750 ap team, but it will take much longer and everyone has to know mechs. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lkx said:

What if others do not know how bosses work? Are you willing to get wiped out 10 times in EC and spend 40 mins for a daily? Or just quit and find a better group where ppls know what to do. Sometimes the latter could be faster.

I do most of dailies through Xserver. And I think it is hard for me to explain the difference between lazy and efficient. In theory, you can clear NS with 750 ap team, but it will take much longer and everyone has to know mechs. 

so you never got wiped over and over in any dungeon when they were first released and you party were all new to the dungeon?

This is why Daily challenge need to actually conform ppl's lvl.  Should it conform to say HM lvls.. Newbies at HM2 or HM3 will got at most Yeti or Necropolis.   Something that they can actually finish without thinking too much about AP bars. HM6 or 7 got Nexus which taught how to CC, shattered mast and Gloom. 

Higher ups like HM12 or 13 can get something higher like NS, EL or IF. 

This kind of thread raise up because Daily challenge practically appear "as-is" for all lvl 50 regardless of their HM lvls so obviously.. one think they need to do it for the rewards or events. If they do only pve then there is problem because there are dungeons that beyond the reach.

Some ppl tho do Pure PVE, not doing any pvp quest. i don't see why they should do pvp at all.

9 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

This is why Daily challenge need to actually conform ppl's lvl.  Should it conform to say HM lvls.. Newbies at HM2 or HM3 will got at most Yeti or Necropolis.   Something that they can actually finish without thinking too much about AP bars. HM6 or 7 got Nexus which taught how to CC, shattered mast and Gloom. 

Higher ups like HM12 or 13 can get something higher like NS, EL or IF. 

This kind of thread raise up because Daily challenge practically appear "as-is" for all lvl 50 regardless of their HM lvls so obviously.. one think they need to do it for the rewards or events. If they do only pve then there is problem because there are dungeons that beyond the reach.

Some ppl tho do Pure PVE, not doing any pvp quest. i don't see why they should do pvp at all.

Only issue with that jo is going to be the difference in gear. We've seen HM12's with 800 ap and hm 8's with over 1k because of rich mains. There needs to be more options.. more then just 5 to choose from. Cause even with only needing 3 most of them are the higher ap required dungeons (player required) which most low levels won't find a PT to do unless they get a nice party that lets them run with them. 

Put in more options, keep some of the lower level dungeons, it's not going to hurt anyone to have them.. that way it gives the lower levels dugneons to run and the high levels still get their high gold / gear dungeons on the daily. That also affords the option if they don't want to run the big 6 now they don't have to just to get the daily done. 

14 hours ago, KzE said:

You can skip day or two. Nobody forcing ppl to instantly do it.

And no one forcing people for not to do it.  It's just natural instinct, having a new feature and then try it even if it's just for sake of curiousity.  Denying it only make thread like this keep raising. 

so you never got wiped over and over in any dungeon when they were first released and you party were all new to the dungeon?

No, but it is very rare for me. When EL was released, I watched instruction videos a few times, did my first run and we cleared normal EL in my first run. Not like some ppls, I am willing to learn mechs before I try new dungeons, not being a retard in the first few runs and letting others do all the work. Except soul separation of second boss, EL has no mech if you and your teammates have enough dps and hp.

To be honest, if you have a geared up character and you are willing to spend a few minutes learning mechs, it will be so easy for you to find a GUARANTEED CLEAR team, even if it is a new released dungeon.

• 3 months later...

I would like to see it have lower requirements for the instances everyday. As it is right no my GF and I are really only ably to do the challenge 2 or 3 times a week. I know that we could also PvP for one of the challenges since there are always 2 low lvl requirement instances but the PvP is always populated with players having 900-1000+AP so for players with around 800AP it just becomes a gank fest.
My GF and I would love to be able to do the Daily Challenges 7 times a week and not just 2 or 3 times so we can get gold and mats so we can raise our AP so we can do the higher lvl/tougher instances.

On 3.12.2017 at 8:11 PM, Drakor said:

I would like to see it have lower requirements for the instances everyday. As it is right no my GF and I are really only ably to do the challenge 2 or 3 times a week. I know that we could also PvP for one of the challenges since there are always 2 low lvl requirement instances but the PvP is always populated with players having 900-1000+AP so for players with around 800AP it just becomes a gank fest.
My GF and I would love to be able to do the Daily Challenges 7 times a week and not just 2 or 3 times so we can get gold and mats so we can raise our AP so we can do the higher lvl/tougher instances.

Gear and lvl above 50 doesn't matter in pvp/arena. Only in 6v6. It can be still frustrating if you have no idea about it, but in lower rank 1300-1400, you can luck out and just pve some people down.

EC is easier than DT and can be done with story gear, too. 

Just go F8 and Register EC Normal mode. Tank is not needed, you can even skip the mechanic, if you invite FM or Destro, who uses PT iframe when the boss shoots his projectiles.

35 minutes ago, Ren36 said:

Just go F8 and Register EC Normal mode. Tank is not needed, you can even skip the mechanic, if you invite FM or Destro, who uses PT iframe when the boss shoots his projectiles.

What you said is correct, 

- if people don't leave, when they see your fresh story gear,

- if there is a FM or Destro,

that's already a lot of if compared to Asura/masts/necro/easy dungeons

On 27/8/2017 at 8:45 PM, DirectorTseng said:

Only issue with that jo is going to be the difference in gear. We've seen HM12's with 800 ap and hm 8's with over 1k because of rich mains. There needs to be more options.. more then just 5 to choose from. Cause even with only needing 3 most of them are the higher ap required dungeons (player required) which most low levels won't find a PT to do unless they get a nice party that lets them run with them. 

Put in more options, keep some of the lower level dungeons, it's not going to hurt anyone to have them.. that way it gives the lower levels dugneons to run and the high levels still get their high gold / gear dungeons on the daily. That also affords the option if they don't want to run the big 6 now they don't have to just to get the daily done. 

I agree. 

On 27/8/2017 at 8:45 PM, DirectorTseng said:

And  I  agree with this too.

so funny, but in realty aomeone always shout 850, 900, 950 or recently 1K ap for DC or EC, i enter this dungeon when im 835AP adn as wl rarely geting kick

and now i curently 1K ap still not enter EL or IF cuz i still not watch the video guide, last night i lfp asura, 4 of my party are rookie, and they die in asura first grab aoe that they should iframe but they failed to use their iframe, i know its ussualy BM hmblock role, but there is no bm in our party, in the end only me and other hm12 to finish asura and in nexus iT93 machine only 60k hp left but we cannot finish it because it already to many enrage, some rookie failed to cc again n again, btw just complete daily from lair frozen fang to NS plus 3 participate in BG/6v6 took me 4-5hours

3 minutes ago, Zagaroth said:

so funny, but in realty aomeone always shout 850, 900, 950 or recently 1K ap for DC or EC, i enter this dungeon when im 835AP adn as wl rarely geting kick

and now i curently 1K ap still not enter EL or IF cuz i still not watch the video guide, last night i lfp asura, 4 of my party are rookie, and they die in asura first grab aoe that they should iframe but they failed to use their iframe, i know its ussualy BM hmblock role, but there is no bm in our party, in the end only me and other hm12 to finish asura and in nexus iT93 machine only 60k hp left but we cannot finish it because it already to many enrage, some rookie failed to cc again n again, btw just complete daily from lair frozen fang to NS plus 3 participate in BG/6v6 took me 4-5hours

nowadays i dont trust those bm that have hm block since i meet high hm bm that doesnt have that skill xD

6 hours ago, Ren36 said:

for me dt is more easier than ec...since dt doesnt need specific class to clear the dungeon...aka sum/sin/fm...i know others class can do party iframe too but not all know how to use it example i meet destro hm12 ytd at ec that doesnt know destro have party iframe...

7 hours ago, Ren36 said:

I beg to differ. NM DT is practically faceroll now while EC you still have to do mechs which people still don't know how to do. I've pug NM DT over 50 times now and haven't had a single wipe, can't say the same for EC.

I cleared NF normal with a party full of people that should have never been in there in the first place, myself at 1024 AP and most of my legendary gear, Raven 6, (BM) and then the next person was 850's, lowest was fresh HM6 off story, 730 AP. 2 more in the 770 range, and the other one was 830's. Mind you, we wiped a couple times getting to Acrimor, but it was a learning experience for at least 3 in the party, and we got it done.

EC/DT does not require the 800 or 850+ to clear across all members in the party. Considering I can solo up to Sogun's myself with the exception of Necropolis because it takes 3 minimum for the camps, i think the real issue here is the more experienced players don't want to teach the new players the mechanics and take them through the dungeon. I have on occasion grabbed someone I don't know out of faction chat and taught dungeons and mechanics to them just myself and them to make them a better player for cross server parties. 

EC can definitely be done on normal mode with 2-3 people fresh off story, and blowing all the mechanics if the other 3 are geared up around the 850+ mark without even coming close to the enrage timer.

Archived