Forums

Worth playing again?

Friend

The game has come a long way since beta that's for sure, such as; continuation of the quest line (If you are interested), gear cost reductions for Legendary weapon's, new dungeons etc. But be prepared this game isn't one you can just half ass and expect to be max geared in a few months, I came back to this game back in February and I hit past 950+ AP. If you have money to spend that will help you in the long run but not farming for hours on end everyday can lead to either slow progression or for a while non at all. RNG is still a huge factor in this game for example Legendary Accessories (After 7 months I still don't have Oath Necklace and Eternity Belt, but its obtainable with 200 specific tokens but it requires farming dungeons again and again and again for them) from either raids or dungeons, weapon's from dungeons for weapon progression can be a pain as you may have to farm dungeons till you get the weapon you need. 

I have said a lot of bad things about the game, but with newer patches coming there will be lots of changes to the game such as revamp of the crafting system (which at the moment is unbelievably terrible mind you). Continuation of the story which I personally can't wait for, level 55 patch with the new ultimate skills, the new gunner class, new dungeons, new instances (There's one on you gotta fight Master hong and from what I have seen he is a nightmare to kill). 

But yeah like I said without determination to farm daily your only going to hurt your gear progression and chances of trying out the more epic and far more complicated (mechanically speaking) dungeons.

4 hours ago, Lucifer The LightBringer said:

The game has come a long way since beta that's for sure, such as; continuation of the quest line (If you are interested), gear cost reductions for Legendary weapon's, new dungeons etc. But be prepared this game isn't one you can just half ass and expect to be max geared in a few months, I came back to this game back in February and I hit past 950+ AP. If you have money to spend that will help you in the long run but not farming for hours on end everyday can lead to either slow progression or for a while non at all. RNG is still a huge factor in this game for example Legendary Accessories (After 7 months I still don't have Oath Necklace and Eternity Belt, but its obtainable with 200 specific tokens but it requires farming dungeons again and again and again for them) from either raids or dungeons, weapon's from dungeons for weapon progression can be a pain as you may have to farm dungeons till you get the weapon you need. 

I have said a lot of bad things about the game, but with newer patches coming there will be lots of changes to the game such as revamp of the crafting system (which at the moment is unbelievably terrible mind you). Continuation of the story which I personally can't wait for, level 55 patch with the new ultimate skills, the new gunner class, new dungeons, new instances (There's one on you gotta fight Master hong and from what I have seen he is a nightmare to kill). 

But yeah like I said without determination to farm daily your only going to hurt your gear progression and chances of trying out the more epic and far more complicated (mechanically speaking) dungeons.

Hey. Do you know something about Ligth Stone or Dark Stone not being required in your first legendary weapon ? I think I read that in TW this is how it works, wondering if we'll have this soon 

I actually came back around a month ago and the last time I played was a few months after the game was released in NA~

There has been quite a few changes and some are nice. Questing isn't a huge pain anymore, if you follow the yellow quests you'll get caught up to hm lvl 6-7 pretty quickly. When you actually get to upgrading your weapon it really takes time and patience and it helps to have friends to run dungeons with so you don't need to have a bidding war with randoms. I haven't gotten to big raids like skybreak spire but I think by that time you'll wanna find a nice group of friends or a good clan.

• 1 month later...

No it is not worth, i played it a lot, went like 980 AP and still game is completely boring, Single player afk game. Enter F8 Exit F8 that is all you do. Whales are ruling the game and the merge servers are a sign of the game is dying. people say it is an E-sport game but still, even though arena is "balanced" it is not. You can play if you like pve, and doing endless dungeons all the time with people that are mostly afk in dungeons because you can not kick them. Even though you can report them it wont work, since the game has no kick option they can stay afk and you can do nothing. Not to mention the party system in F8 people join, wait 3 seconds then leave, and in parties if someone dies mostly everyone leaves the party.

And people are putting sometimes 1000AP for dungeons that i did before with 700AP, because 'fast" dungeon.

Anyway this is IMO, you can try and see, even though maybe you are still playing

Good Luck ^^

Depends on you :) If you are a casual player (PVE) that doesnt mind how long it takes to gear up etc, the game can be extremely nice, has great combat system, beautiful visuals, enjoyable storyline... plus now you rocket up to HM 6-7 just from storyline quests and you get given all you need to fight along the way. If you want to pvp in a competitive way or do very end game raids, then you need to spend real money. A lot of it. 

I'd say, just try and see if it fits you :)

Just now, Captain WeebM@ster said:

Battleground is not pvp, only a pver would think otherwise. and you can get hm skills with gold/zen beans

Well I am a pver :) I was just giving my point of view, but its really up to him/her to try and see. ^

On 19/8/2017 at 7:51 PM, Friend said:

Haven't touched this game since beta, worth playing again?

To say it short:

Yes.

But you should get someone to play with so if you are starting from fresh start, both can enjoy it, the game is tecnically decent so yes.

Archived