Meliodesu

is it worth it to spend stuff on draken ring?

my true yeti ring (final stage, cant upgrade it anymore) gives better stats than draken ring.. checked cntrl I, destiny ring at last stage has 200crit less than my true yeti ring.. 

I didn't had the chance to have your Yeti ring as I started playing a little bit more than 2 months ago, so I might be wrong, but Destiny ring has more AP (which might be interresting if you're looking to join "900+" AP run), accuracy (which is necessary against high level bosses) and more crit damage, at the expense of a small amount of crit % lost. Thus, at stage 6, the draken generally is an upgrade, especially when paired with another draken to get the set bonus (10 AP + 10 000 HP).

However, as the draken ring is the first legendary accessory to be replaced by another (Skybreak Spire ring), it might not be worth it to get it to stage 10. You can keep it at stage 6 to benefit from the set bonus if you have another draken, but I wouldn't put a lot of gold in it.

Personnally, I've kept it at stage 6 and will likely replace it with a Penumbra from Skybreak Spire, if I'm lucky enough to see it drop... haha!

Edited by Pyrocyborg

25 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

I didn't had the chance to have your Yeti ring as I started playing a little bit more than 2 months ago, so I might be wrong, but Destiny ring has more AP (which might be interresting if you're looking to join "900+" AP run), accuracy (which is necessary against high level bosses) and more crit damage, at the expense of a small amount of crit % lost. Thus, at stage 6, the draken generally is an upgrade, especially when paired with another draken to get the set bonus (10 AP + 10 000 HP).

However, as the draken ring is the first legendary accessory to be replaced by another (Skybreak Spire ring), it might not be worth it to get it to stage 10. You can keep it at stage 6 to benefit from the set bonus if you have another draken, but I wouldn't put a lot of gold in it.

Personnally, I've kept it at stage 6 and will likely replace it with a Penumbra from Skybreak Spire, if I'm lucky enough to see it drop... haha!

tnx for ur reply! ive spent 100 gold on it cuz it was dropped in EC XD 

at stage 10 destiny ring gives 200 less crit, which for WL is alot.. especially frost WL.. i dont know what to do, should i save up stuff for it to unlock the destiny ring and just upgrade it or what lol

27 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

btw i dont have other draken stuff, not rn at least

Suna   

It is mainly pvp ring. If you play pvp/infinite tower it is worth, otherwise not worth. If you are purely pve player get elemental ring from the raid. 

Sure, the legendary elemental ring is way better than this one (e.g. Penumbra or Frostfall for WL). For those with Pinnacle ring, the Draken is (or at least was) a nice upgrade, especially when the dungeons were at their original difficulty. Now that almost every mechanic has been changed, Naryu Foundry is way easier, and thus, it's better to get the Belt and the Necklace as your 2 Draken set items while you raid Skybreak Spire for your ring and earring.

As Suna said, for most players, it's indeed a "not that useful" upgrade. It's arguable whether it's worth upgrading it or not since you're sporting a True boss ring, which is better than that Pinnacle Ring I had. Suna also raise a good point: The Distraction bonus is kinda useful in PvP/ToI, but worthless in PvE. Also, there is absolutetly no reason to get it to stage 10, unless we get some kind of Event where we can exchange it for an Helion ring (PvP), like they had in another region if I am not mistaken.

On a side note, I think that you can always sell back a non upgraded draken ring to a vendor for 100g.

Edited by Pyrocyborg

6 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

Sure, the legendary elemental ring is way better than this one (e.g. Penumbra or Frostfall for WL). For those with Pinnacle ring, the Draken is (or at least was) a nice upgrade, especially when the dungeons were at their original difficulty. Now that almost every mechanic has been changed, Naryu Foundry is way easier, and thus, it's better to get the Belt and the Necklace as your 2 Draken set items while you raid Skybreak Spire for your ring and earring.

As Suna said, for most players, it's indeed a "not that useful" upgrade. It's arguable whether it's worth upgrading it or not since you're sporting a True boss ring, which is better than that Pinnacle Ring I had. Suna also raise a good point: The Distraction bonus is kinda useful in PvP/ToI, but worthless in PvE. Also, there is absolutetly no reason to get it to stage 10, unless we get some kind of Event where we can exchange it for an Helion ring (PvP), like they had in another region if I am not mistaken.

On a side note, you can always sell back a non upgraded draken ring at a vendor for 100g.

so wait im confused.. should i upgrade the destiny ring? and what do u mean i can sell it for 100g?

Well, unless I am totally mistaken and my friends wanted to make a fool of me, you can sell back the ring to a random vendor (or Dragon Express, if you're premium) and get 100g, as long as you didn't upgrade it.

As for the upgrade itself, it's totally up to you. IMO, it's an upgrade (more crit damage, more accuracy, more AP), but it's a very slight one as you already have a better purple ring than what we get as new players. You probably won't have to buy any Legendary Jewel to upgrade it to Stage 6, but you'll have to sacrifice a lot of materials and 100g to get it from it's Draken state to Stage 1. Your materials would probably be spent better elsewhere if you're short on supply. Anyway, at Stage 6, you'll get :

781 evasion
550 critical
330 accuracy
25 AP
722 critical damage

compared to your current ring which gives :
780 evasion
936 critical
23 AP
555 critical damage

So, as you can see, all you get is around 170 critical damage (more or less 4% critical damage increased), but you lose around 1% critical rate in the process. That 2 AP bonus isn't significant. 330 accuracy might means the difference between a high level boss or add resisting or not your attacks or CC, but if you already have around 120% in MSP gear, you can do without. The 10 AP and 10 000 Health set bonus might be interesting, but you're going to need a second Draken for that and obviously, you're going to get that Belt and that Necklace either way.

Now, as Suna said, if you're not much into 6v6 or Tower of Infinity, a Destiny Ring isn't that great, especially when you compare it to your current ring. For us new players or for PvP players, it's an upgrade compared to a Pinnacle Ring, but as Desolate Tomb and Naruy Foundry are kinda easy now, and as BT is more accessible than ever, I don't think it's necessary to get and upgrade a Draken ring anymore as you can easily skip it and get that BT ring instead when you get into a raid group.

That being said, I am sorry that I got you confused.

Edited by Pyrocyborg

59 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

Well, unless I am totally mistaken and my friends wanted to make a fool of me, you can sell back the ring to a random vendor (or Dragon Express, if you're premium) and get 100g, as long as you didn't upgrade it.

As for the upgrade itself, it's totally up to you. IMO, it's an upgrade (more crit damage, more accuracy, more AP), but it's a very slight one as you already have a better purple ring than what we get as new players. You probably won't have to buy any Legendary Jewel to upgrade it to Stage 6, but you'll have to sacrifice a lot of materials and 100g to get it from it's Draken state to Stage 1. Your materials would probably be spent better elsewhere if you're short on supply. Anyway, at Stage 6, you'll get :

781 evasion
550 critical
330 accuracy
25 AP
722 critical damage

compared to your current ring which gives :
780 evasion
936 critical
23 AP
555 critical damage

So, as you can see, all you get is around 170 critical damage (more or less 4% critical damage increased), but you lose around 1% critical rate in the process. That 2 AP bonus isn't significant. 330 accuracy might means the difference between a high level boss or add resisting or not your attacks or CC, but if you already have around 120% in MSP gear, you can do without. The 10 AP and 10 000 Health set bonus might be interesting, but you're going to need a second Draken for that and obviously, you're going to get that Belt and that Necklace either way.

Now, as Suna said, if you're not much into 6v6 or Tower of Infinity, a Destiny Ring isn't that great, especially when you compare it to your current ring. For us new players or for PvP players, it's an upgrade compared to a Pinnacle Ring, but as Desolate Tomb and Naruy Foundry are kinda easy now, and as BT is more accessible than ever, I don't think it's necessary to get and upgrade a Draken ring anymore as you can easily skip it and get that BT ring instead when you get into a raid group.

That being said, I am sorry that I got you confused.

damn man u have no idea how much i appreciate u and ur reply! thanks alot! but whats BT? XD 

and yes i checked i can sell draken ring for 100g, this way i get the money i spent exactly

and what do u mean "when i get into a raid"?

BT refers to "Black Tower" which is, I think, the unofficial (i.e. direct) translation from the raid's name in English. In the NA/EU version, it's Skybreak Spire and that's the name we should use I guess... Still, even as a new player with no knowledge of the KR version, I use BT more often than not. ;)

This is the first real 24 man raid, which is soon to be reduced to a 12 man version probably this fall. This should should be more forgiving when it comes to fps and ping.

The first three bosses of this raid drops rings and earrings for each element. Whatever your class and element, this ring is way better than the Draken ring and while it costs much more to upgrade (think Raven's feather and Premium transformation stone), it's a valuable item that will increase your dps and won't be replaced soon.

Edited by Pyrocyborg

8 hours ago, Pyrocyborg said:

BT refers to "Black Tower" which is, I think, the unofficial (i.e. direct) translation from the raid's name in English. In the NA/EU version, it's Skybreak Spire and that's the name we should use I guess... Still, even as a new player with no knowledge of the KR version, I use BT more often than not. ;)

This is the first real 24 man raid, which is soon to be reduced to a 12 man version probably this fall. This should should be more forgiving when it comes to fps and ping.

The first three bosses of this raid drops rings and earrings for each element. Whatever your class and element, this ring is way better than the Draken ring and while it costs much more to upgrade (think Raven's feather and Premium transformation stone), it's a valuable item that will increase your dps and won't be replaced soon.

oh ok i see! so final question, should i sell the ring and just farm draken necklace? ive come to realize its better

Kozuki   

No, don't invest too much in Destiny Ring. 

For PvE, it is not that big of an upgrade, and it is kinda expensive too. If you want the two set, you need it to stage 6. Better get Oath necklace and Eternity Belt instead.

For PvP, it is useless against non-Galaxy users, and it overshadowed by Skyshattering Ring. Its effect in ToI is barely noticeable.

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

No, don't invest too much in Destiny Ring. 

For PvE, it is not that big of an upgrade, and it is kinda expensive too. If you want the two set, you need it to stage 6. Better get Oath necklace and Eternity Belt instead.

For PvP, it is useless against non-Galaxy users, and it overshadowed by Skyshattering Ring. Its effect in ToI is barely noticeable.

hi tnx for reply, ok so should i sell the ring for 100g? that way i didnt lose any money

Cohen   

Drops like your ring became very rare lately. You should keep and upgrade it to stage 6. THEN you can try to get a better one. Don't count on getting a neclace or belt or earring for set effect fast. Besides on  stage 6 the ring is far better than your current one and it has an additional effect no one here seems to care of.

Kozuki   
20 hours ago, Meliodesu said:

hi tnx for reply, ok so should i sell the ring for 100g? that way i didnt lose any money

Go ahead if you are short of money.

Destiny Ring sucks and should be only considered when you only have Pinnacle Ring. But since you already have True Yeti, stick with it until you get something else better.

If you go Destiny Ring, you will salvage the Yeti one to get 30 jewels, which are 600g worth. I forgot about how it costs, but I think it will cost you some extra jewels to upgrade the ring to Stage 6.

Meanwhile, 30 jewels are enough to fund both BT ring and earring to stage 3, where you breakthrough to stage 4 in order to have their stronger buff.

Edit: When the ring was first coming out, I got it and switched my True Yeti. Nothing impressive about DPS increase.

Edited by Kozuki