Blade & Soul a game for 24/7.

Olsen San

Nowdays games has become easier to everyone enjoy and have fun, but Blade & Sould seems to be following the same old path where if a player want to reach higher lvls and requirements to enjoy the game in its fullest they have to spend 24/7 time playing the game to achieve it. If you want to have your old weapon upgraded, you need to aqcquire a lot of items and also a lot of money in game to do it. and after that upgrade, the stats you get from it is so low that won't even make you able to do most of the newest dungeons and if you'd like to do them you'd have to spend a year playing the game to get it, or spend 24 hours a day playing the game to get it faster after 1 month or so (upgrading from stage 3-4 not giving you any good stats). I think it is the main reason why people get bored and then leave the game.

The storyline of blade and soul is pretty amazing on my opinion, but the gameplay makes me bored, really bored. Back in the days I used to enjoy playing it, but all my free time when not working I had to be logged if I wanted to get my things done, what would not give me quality time to do other stuff. Now, since I've been away for a while, I cant stand be here playing for more than 2-3hours a day, and that doesnt give me the chance to do much. That just mean I will still be away from playing Blade & Soul, because I am not a kid anymore that can waste a lot of time in a game. I rather play console games or online games that I dont need to spend much time to have some fun. Games from PS4/Xbox as an example, or games like MxM, that I can just log in and do whatever I want, pvp or pve as much as I want, in 2-3hours than leave to do other stuff. Even aion have changed. I wen't back to Aion few days ago, and pvp and pve gear is a lot easier to get. Spending from 1-2 weeks I got the best game weapon for pvpve. Got the best pve gear by morph and I was able to get the best lvl 70 gear pvp gear to enjoy amazing pvp battles around the game. I was able to do any dungeon I wanted and I was a pioneer on learning and teaching my faction some of the newest that just arrived.

As long as you keep the game as it is, with long and tiring farming for stuff to upgrade gears and get shields. That would take years and a lot of money to get it done, I wont be here to play this game; I will only log in when I see that there was a update on the storyline, since I do enjoy to know what happens with the characters. As a result you will just keep merging servers till you have nothing else to merge. I will be enjoying my free time with other things that's more interesting and add more to my life than Blade & Soul.

See you on the next update,

OlsenSan.

straight to the point i feel the same and i am a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing whale. and i am ashamed of it spending so much on a game just to progress the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ why? you right 2-3 hour play give you nothing. luckily other games coming up even gunner wont save this game anymore it wil lbe fun till hm10-11 and than people realize the gameplay is the same old shit.

This is precisely the way I feel. I do enjoy playing, it s a hobby of mine since many many years and I wish I could play and enjoy BnS. Good graphic and combat dynamics, interesting mechanics, completly unexistant and boring open world activities though... but the main problem lies on the amount of dedication requiered to achieve anything in this game.

I believe most hardcore players in here are young ppl trying to escape their real life problems, probably not realising it or completly denying it even, spending their days from the moment they wake up to the moment they ll fall asleep ingame... " farming stuff". They are not conscient they are throwing their youth away and denying themselves a huge lot of oportunities that could make them want to open up to the world. We are talking about real dedication here, similar to life sacrifice... and I find it a freakin' shame that a gaming company would requiere that of their player base in order to let them have this sactisfaction feeling one may get once he reaches his goals.

Playing 1 to 3 hours a day will get you absolutly nowhere in BnS, that's a fact. What players don't realise is that "normal" ppl cannot afford to invest more free time in a game than that. If you have a good job -> 40 to 45 hours a week + a family.... kids.... relatives you wanna meet up with from time to time... friends.... how the hell would you have more than a couple of hours top everyday for your hobby?

And this is why the game lost so freakin much of its original player base... and this is why nearly no new players will last long in BnS.

I can already forsee the blinded nolife e-gangsters teeny gamers  thinking "WTF dude it s a Korean game stop QQing it s all about dedication here"... Well, guys did you ever think about what this dedication make you sacrifice? You cannot truely believe that spending 10 hours per day ingame farming the same event on god knows how many toons... running the exact same dungeons over and over is "normal" or should be a requierement to reach end game content in anything that one could call "a game"... 

This is more time than what is requiered for you to earn enough money to take care of your family... this should be freakin nonsense to anyone in their right mind, shouldn t it?

Agreed. This is what I'm feeling about, mostly focus on the main story, (which is my reason to play this game) daily quests, gold/craft then log out until waiting for the next update with a new region or something (Act 8 story). Roughly around 1-2 hrs to finish daily quests and F1 to F20 Mushin tower for little extra gold.

I just realised how my life is more important than being a hardcore player when I used to be, so I decided to slow down and do casual stuffs/work since this game has already consumed my time.

Indeed at all.Also I want to say someting: Korean games are always endless grinding,times up daily events,gamble and damit RNG at all....The first RNG gambling in mmos found by Koreans.They love gambling and endless time wasting even for single thing.Thats why mostly Korean games u have to need tons of tons mats to make single item.Dunno why but maybe Koreans have so much time to waste...Their games always like as second job....Sometimes even more...

Yep, even with the reduction costs it's seems things are still way out of reach. As much time as I've put into this game I should at least feel like I'm close to something. I just can't dedicate the time that is needed anymore.

It's embarrassing that I'm at HM 12 and I'm still at bale stage 8, my pet is only awakened level 1, and my ss is only stage 3, LOL. When I start calculating how much more I need... it brings me down and makes me rethink if I should continue.

As an Asian who are pretty tolerable to Korean grind, I feel kinda burn out now.

To achieve what I have now (Raven 9, Full BT gear, true ascending soul, Unleashed pet, as well as a plentiful wardrobe), I have to grind 5-6 hours per day, and have an army of 18 crafters to ensure my daily income (logging in and out costs me 30 minutes). I spend a bit for premiumship and around 100-200 keys during Trove.

This game is also extremely alt-unfriendly. As if the developers really hate the idea of players playing more than one character. Despite of efforts trying to make it more alt-friendly, gearing an alt in this game is a hassle to just pug in F8, lest raid-ready.

I don't know if I would want to renew my subscription, which will be expired in next two months.

I agree with all that's been said.

I've put a lot of effort for the past 4 months to catch up to people, since I quit a year ago... and now that I have I just feel bored as hell and it feels like a second job, I log, I do the daily or purple train and maybe a craft ( I HATE CRAFTING ).

Now for the past week I just log do the daily fast and maybe 2/3 dungeons that are not even legendary and I log out and play another game. It feels too much as a job with no real purpose, I mean you reach the best gear, that's it you got it, then what ?  pvp in 6 v 6 ?  That's your end game material ? or pve end game dungeons ?  No that's not how this works.

You need clan battles because clearly race fights between the 2 in blade is non existent were people can change channels.

You need something good like a territory fight that give's you good stuff so it's worth doing, or sieges, or something. for the love of god something to make it worth staying.

My premium ended 2 weeks ago, I wanted to renew it, but damn it I'm so happy I decided NOT TOO, a good decision as the game feels like dying on me once more and with a new game getting to be released in sept.  I might just call it a day.

i know i repeat myself but agressive patch Schedule killed this game long time ago, people are saying it's a korean game ofc we have to grind....no it's wrong, its more than a korean game, koreans had the chance to progress at a slow pace with 45 content during one year, and im sure even a korean won't enjoy our "speedrun Madness" version...there is no time to login to do Something fun, every feature suposed to be fun are broken and they don't care, the perfect exemple are open world pvp & 6v6 or those low drop rate everywhere ( try to do some BSH for the hair ), we spend our time in F8 lobby spaming dungeons we dont want, for "dailies"... The only moment we were able to have fun, chill out all together at misty was during beta.

To conclude i won't just complain, the dailies rework is good, but they should focus to making cool feature alive again, such as open world pvp / clan battles, because  throwing event and content in our faces burning out everyone and even if i like the game ( for the gameplay only ) i will never recommand this game to anyone, because this is not fun.

Most MMORPG especially for free to play is about grinding grinding and grinding. But this game has way too much more portion of grinding.

I wonder how the feeling sometimes to be new player play game from AP1 to AP1000. Unless he pay huge with cash or box troving massively.

Grinding from Hm1 to Hm15 with casual way also took forever.

Took me Hm 12 to hm 15 around 7 months with 32-40/40 dailies done everyday. Now I need to get 200M exp to go (well already almost half way).

Now new stuffs up new dungeons new etc. And prices of evo stones, sts, etc become higher too. Need high AP, good elemental damage, good HP max, maybe more for new dungeons. Especially for high ping players.

Well yeah like I usually say (& sometimes rant about it) about the game, people are starting to be aware of what it takes to play in bns.

Its grind for farm, farm for grind & the endgoal being grind.

The excitement of clearing a difficult dungeon RELATED to the story like other games is not here. Clearly not the same as when you raid on Ragnaros, or Antharas (lineage 2) theres no significant boss here since you "farm the instance everyday" for your mats & not for your gear. Especially when the game is clearly p2w and the new content is always for whales for hardcore nolifers, by the time you reach it its trash & nerfed as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ they are already of the new hyped content of the next badass trailer.

Even for the event, if you wanted the big costly gem as a reward you have to NOT MISS A SINGLE DAY OF BORING DAILIES FARM. not to mention HM levels are kinda useless, just tiny stats.

And about stats its the same, no theorycrafting & the thing is simple : you just upgrade the same "invisible" gear that everyone has. Elemental thingy add nothind to diversity too its just the same stats basically just not the same word. The feel of dropping a powerful weapon or gear piece is not here at all. And when you upgrade of just one level the stats are risible. +5 on your weapon for 500+gold wow awesome ! Which means you have to save your gold and be sure you have enough to get at least 4 to 6 levels in one go. If you don't save your gold and up for stupid low low stat you can't farm anymore cuz u can't bid or invest anymore.

Oh and craft is stupid too, u log u launch u log out.

About personalisation I like outfits, thats one major thing that keeps people (whales?) for staying for sure, but theres a WAY too poor choice in term of weaponry or even in term of personalisation with outfit. You can't chose the adornments you wants (except some little flower & roses but who cares?)

For those who wanna be aware of one thing outfits of bns are only leather & cloth like. Even the plates (or mail if theres is ?) of guards don't look like plates but its just the action game style and universe of bns that does that, so you technically have less solution of gear looks than other games. Would be weird to see a martial artist with a big heavy tank armor ^^.

Anyway theres also the poor management but I think you know it all especialy since the latest big rant about souls & evo stones. And now the server merge, the difference in treatment between accounts on requests, poor opti, the mistakes be it ingame or forum their employee don't know about the game or the upcoming changes(Hey guys remember theres no Game Masters here, Have u seen one in game ?) Which makes you wonder if they really play their game but one thing for sure they ain't investing much of the whale money into making the game better. They just port the game, everything is already done & inside and they do what the korean devs order them to do. (Yeah don't make the mistake there's no developper here, they said it otherwise we would have many more things created here).

Theres also the problem of the patch schedule & difference from asian regions. You farm like heel for 4 months, and the next day there's a very very very late announcement of new content & the thing you grinded be it gear or dungeon is cheaper as f** & nerfed. And the cycle repeats you invests time & money for upgrade & the next day its reduced, & same cycle again until the day we will finally fully catch up to asian countries.

And then about pvp : the only interesting aspect for me now but again it kinda sucks now. Not enough people, poor optimization: hello eternal lag in arena! (remember we have no dev here) . Class balance (hello braindead wl & sum), again no REAL pvp reward: no big choice of special pvp outfits, no specific title or pet, etc. And now instead of bots you just encounter countless of top player on their alts for rewards (knowing theres a few people playing pvp) and also because of the tourny so they let their main sit at top rank for points and reroll the same class to keep playing.

After all that its still normal arena pvp & the gameplay makes it cool. Log in & doing some matches is okay.

Honestly if it wasn't for the Asian like story (cinematic+quests) & the unique martial arts gameplay, this game wouldn't be interesting in the slightest. I was always praising this game before it comes to Na/eu saying to lot of my friends they should come. Now I honestly say them to avoid it, "consider it dead", "don't waste your time unless u wanna spend ur money or ur life in it".

I'm just arround trollin' a little, doing only pvp (pve doesn't exist anymore for me here), waiting to see the outcome of the tourny & looking for a job irl. Once its done its byebye & hello other games until something like Lost Ark.

If it was not for pvp i would have quit the game a long time ago too. That we dont need any more hm levels to use skills goes a long way. Makes it actually pretty easy to make new alts. Assuming you have been playing for a while before. Ive pretty much just pvpd for a long time now apart from the ocasional nexus/talus dungeon/avalache den and naxun for hm skills. Arena rewards are not as terrible as people sometimes say they are. Especially weekly soulstones add up to a lot. Its fine for arena players (mostly) because you get all you 'need'. Meaning i can buy all the hm skills that im able to buy for all my alts (some you really cant.. like sure i can buy asura ember, but then where do i get the second half from? That you can get from beans though.) And hm coins are also good for buying costumes and skill pages.

Yes finally people realize what the true face of this game. As a whale this game sucks too much time consuming for people who got a life.  Lets all move to Soulworkers !!@@ coming by end of year. or closers also coming soon or kritika if you looking for action.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:31 PM, Kosako Assano said:

All I do is daily, event quests, craft then I log out; you are right, do not waste your life playing a game 24/7.

When my premium runs out I wont renew as well and wont craft anymore too. just daily 3 quests then get to do something useful.

I am doing the same thing, i canceled my premium account and i wont renew it as well this gas was fun and I really love my character but i cant play the whole day I am not even crafting because since the servers merged i am not able to farm basic materials like quartz because all the places are full of bots and besides that those item's spawn every more than 1 hour. . . . In the end if you want something you need always to be in the game more than 12 hours..

wow. I actually thought that I would be criticized by all players in this game after my thread, But I see now that I was wrong. I really appreciate all the replies to this thread and I agree with everyone who has answered it. All 

It is kind of sad that many people feel the same as me. I hope that they take a look about how their players feel about it and make a huge change or it wont last longer like some of other NCSoft games that were shut down. 

I think they should look at the big picture here. Back in the days, most of population playing games were kids and teenagers. Nowadays I am sure most of people who play games are adults already (20+) who are in college or working and can't spend much time playing games as much as they'd like to. So they have to change to embrace the new player's profile. People who has to study, to work, to date, to take care of their kids, who wants to hang out with friends and family, etc. I am sure many of us want to keep playing this game, but we don't want to feel put off the edge because we dont have much time to be online.

that is true this game is in its core is amazing . characters design outifts true action combo wich is one of a few best out there. it but it could be way better. sadly its money grabbing or too much time consuming. suggestions on other games? i know closers and soulworker are coming by end of year. kritika online is okay but so much outdate game ugh , BDO is okay , revelation online sucks the combo isnt flued at all , we basically left with nothing, if it wasnt for the action combat in the game it will be far gone. but guess people willing spending thier precious money on shit progress insted of getting something nice in real life. 

p.s community is salty AS ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 

5 hours ago, An19194 said:

that is true this game is in its core is amazing . characters design outifts true action combo wich is one of a few best out there. it but it could be way better. sadly its money grabbing or too much time consuming. suggestions on other games? i know closers and soulworker are coming by end of year. kritika online is okay but so much outdate game ugh , BDO is okay , revelation online sucks the combo isnt flued at all , we basically left with nothing, if it wasnt for the action combat in the game it will be far gone. but guess people willing spending thier precious money on shit progress insted of getting something nice in real life. 

p.s community is salty AS ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 

Not that I'm defending some of the choices NCSOFT make, but I'd say other games are just as bad.

Take BDO for example - beautiful visuals, excellent framework to the game, fast action combat, housing, and a much more engaging crafting/gathering system. Plus daily log-in rewards in addition to something similar to Daily Dash. Then you get to the end-game content...

Massively grindy and luck-based enhancement system aimed at whales. In fact, it's far worse than BnS, as PvP is non-consensual after 49, meaning some players just go around zones killing low-geared players to get their jollies. Even worse, end-game PvE is basically farming open-world mobs, so you just get whales claiming spots and killing anyone entering their turf...

Personally, I think the best option with MMO's these days is to stay away from the end-game grind and play multiple games when new content, events, etc. are released.

3 hours ago, Grumpypants said:

Not that I'm defending some of the choices NCSOFT make, but I'd say other games are just as bad.

Take BDO for example - beautiful visuals, excellent framework to the game, fast action combat, housing, and a much more engaging crafting/gathering system. Plus daily log-in rewards in addition to something similar to Daily Dash. Then you get to the end-game content...

Massively grindy and luck-based enhancement system aimed at whales. In fact, it's far worse than BnS, as PvP is non-consensual after 49, meaning some players just go around zones killing low-geared players to get their jollies. Even worse, end-game PvE is basically farming open-world mobs, so you just get whales claiming spots and killing anyone entering their turf...

Personally, I think the best option with MMO's these days is to stay away from the end-game grind and play multiple games when new content, events, etc. are released.

In BDO you can only sell a limited amount of items in the marketplace per week + the amount of money you can get from the items is very, very low, market prices of everything is ruled by the game + you can't buy gold from gold sellers. Selling cash shop items helps to the ones with jobs and not much time to play but isn't game breaking.

You can make money from lifeskills, workers and grinding, don't need to 24/7 kill mobs, you still need to dedicate time to the game, a casual can't expect to get uber gear with no dedication.

Now for boss gear you can get it from an NPC by just spending energy is a lottery thing or assisting to world bosses and hitting it don't need to be top dps is just luck.

In BDO  you sell items to the marketplace of course pay to win but just some money nothing ridiculous broken.

3 hours ago, Ushi said:

In BDO you can only sell a limited amount of items in the marketplace per week + the amount of money you can get from the items is very, very low, market prices of everything is ruled by the game + you can't buy gold from gold sellers. Selling cash shop items helps to the ones with jobs and not much time to play but isn't game breaking.

You can make money from lifeskills, workers and grinding, don't need to 24/7 kill mobs, you still need to dedicate time to the game, a casual can't expect to get uber gear with no dedication.

Now for boss gear you can get it from an NPC by just spending energy is a lottery thing or assisting to world bosses and hitting it don't need to be top dps is just luck.

In BDO  you sell items to the marketplace of course pay to win but just some money nothing ridiculous broken.

Fair points, but it's worth adding that boss gear means little, and it also gets thrown at you with events, login rewards, etc. It's all about enhancement, which, as far as I recall, you can buy items such as Memory Fragments to assist with - I don't know, it's 6 months since I played. I do know that people there complained about whales as much as they do in BnS.

I actually liked the game, but hated the non-consensual PvP. Can you imagine how those in BnS who complain about Raven vs lower-gear players would like the BDO system? :O

I feel the same, it just feels like a job now. I play games to have fun not lose my sanity to boredom, I've done nothing but dailies, the big 5 (Ebondrake Lair - Desolate Tomb) and a few other dungeons and log out. Heck I don't even feel motivated to do the PvP event that's even going on right now, I just feel burnt out. Blade and Soul doesn't have much to offer for an MMO, boring open world, repetitive dungeons. I only feel motivated to log in for BT and hopefully VT soon. Oh and also the story line of course. 

I've stopped my monthly subscription and might try another game i.e The Final Fantasy MMO that's really popular, its true that Final Fantasies combat is nowhere near as good as Blade and Soul's but it offers more such as fun open world content, player housing etc. It feels like a social MMO with exploration whereas Blade and Soul feels dull with instance based dungeons that you spam repetitively till no end till you get your item or finish the daily for EXP/Gold. The crafting system is quite a bore and it's quite expensive considering what we make on a daily basis, unless of course we play 24/7 to obtain the materials.  

I agree 100% and very surprised with feedback here.

I start a alt some days ago and when you get leg weapon BS lost all the fun and the massive grid start

I have gold for my main and lots of mats but just farme the weapons for upgrades is a nightmare 

The RNG is so bad some dungeons is hard get ppl and when you get no1 know what are doing

Any new player or spent alots of $$ in game or go take years to get max gear

Archived