Players with Raven 1-5 are getting screwed?

Yarnz

With upcoming changes to Riftwalk to Raven, NCSoft is pretty much implementing a cost reduction path for players with Baleful/Seraph. But those who have Raven stages 1-5 are stuck on the more expensive path, because the cheaper path gives massive discounts to stage 6 Raven from Riftwalk/Dawnforge, compared to going from Raven 1/3 to Raven 6. Pretty much those with Raven stages 1-5 are being punished, and its not like they paid for their time of having Raven ahead of time either, they're literally stuck on the more expensive upgrading path since there is no way to go from Raven to Riftwalk.  Can one of the community managers please tell me how any of this is reasonable or how the idea made sense in the Dev's head?

Would be fine if someone can explain why the people with "Riftwalk/Dawnforge" get a weapon nerfupgrade, its really awesome to see that the costs are lower from beginning (12 to Riftwalk/Dawnforge 6) as the raven... and then they get a lower cost nerf? well thats really not fair about the players who walk Blacktower and make the Raven...

I'm one of those new players who were waiting for the Dawnforged -> Raven path, so I'm not affected by the current situation, but I really think that Nebula stones should be usable on Raven 1 to Raven 6 weapons.

There is no reason for this event to be limited to Dawnforged or Riftwalker weapons: this path is already cheaper as it is. Depending on how Nebula stones affect the Dawn/Rift stages 3 to 6 upgrades, it might further increase the gap. Someone who decided to get to Raven 3 two weeks ago is kinda screwed, especially since another player will be able to get to Raven 6 with less mats than the first one needs to get from Raven 3 to Raven 5.

This cost reduction is already implemented in TW and Japan servers long time ago. NA server has long been following the content updates from TW and Japan servers. I went with the downforged weapon because I knew this would happen. 

Think they said that the higher level you went in the weapon the less and less of a real discount it is, it was mainly geared towards those in the very low levels of bale and searph.. less for those in dawn/rfit. If you look at the discount from seraph 10-11 in the video the biggest discount was the lack of a premium transformation stone. but most the other mats were only lowered by like 5-10 mats. So if that is the extent of a discount how big is rift and dawn going to be? probably not that huge. 

5 hours ago, Xinnyyaa said:

This cost reduction is already implemented in TW and Japan servers long time ago. NA server has long been following the content updates from TW and Japan servers. I went with the downforged weapon because I knew this would happen. 

You don't update a game assuming your players is going to check other regions.

3 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

Think they said that the higher level you went in the weapon the less and less of a real discount it is, it was mainly geared towards those in the very low levels of bale and searph.. less for those in dawn/rfit. If you look at the discount from seraph 10-11 in the video the biggest discount was the lack of a premium transformation stone. but most the other mats were only lowered by like 5-10 mats. So if that is the extent of a discount how big is rift and dawn going to be? probably not that huge. 

The cost difference is around 4k gold

Dunno why people still complain and don't learn. Its always been like that.

Lack of communication. You upgrade your weapon & 2 weeks after and only 2 days before change ncsoft be like "ok we gonna reduce upgrade cost in next patch in 2 days lulz"

Then you regret to not have taken the information yourself before & check on Korea.

Yeah which is kinda stupid cuz its not so easy to keep track on what are doing the other regions.

So yeah, its always been that since the beginning, u farm like hell to up your weapon & tomorrow we tell you at the very last moment that cost will be reduced.

Then after maintenance there will be topics about people asking to get a payback because of that, some will get, others will not.

Same cycle again & again.

Just now, Kyrrua said:

Dunno why people still complain and don't learn. Its always been like that.

Lack of communication. You upgrade your weapon & 2 weeks after and only 2 days before change ncsoft be like "ok we gonna reduce upgrade cost in next patch in 2 days lulz"

Then you regret to not have taken the information yourself before & check on Korea.

Yeah which is kinda stupid cuz its not so easy to keep track on what are doing the other regions.

So yeah, its always been that since the beginning, u farm like hell to up your weapon & tomorrow we tell you at the very last moment that cost will be reduced.

Then after maintenance there will be topics about people asking to get a payback because of that, some will get, others will not.

Same cycle again & again.

This is not the same as before though it's not a simple cost reduction, anyone can expect that costs get reduced eventually and can't complain when it happens but this time it's different. People do not simply get to catch up here they get to catch up and overtake people who put in more effort than them before. It doesn't make any sense that people who are not on raven get big discounts up to raven 6 while people who put in the effort to do bt and are at raven 3-5 don't get any discount and still have to upgrade much more expensive. Biggest player discrimination since the launch of the game imo.

You always knew that eventually riftwalk and dawnforged would turn into raven yet decided to make your raven weapon, now with nebula stones at higher lvls the cost reduction is only 20% and I expect it even to be less at higher rift/dawn levels.

7 hours ago, Yarnz said:

You don't update a game assuming your players is going to check other regions.

The cost difference is around 4k gold

If you're dedicated to this game ofc you would check whats happening in other regions and what content we are expected to get in a near future, its not the games fault to update. 

Besides that 4k difference is only acceptable if you have the gold to upgrade it all at once and within the set period of time that these nebula stones last, I highly doubt that the regular player will have the resources and time to upgrade it all from legendary to riftwalk 6 in a single event.

The lack of a discount for current Raven users is obscene.  Some of us have been gritting out BT for months just to get Raven 3, and as a result the people that barely tried for Raven now get it CHEAPER?!?  It's complete BS.  Worse, the company seems to grant reverts to a select few while denying the rest of us.  Every patch/nerf/merge this game gets less enjoyable to play.

Yes, it is completely BS that they do reduction on riftwalk and dawnforge path and not with raven weapon path. They were implemented around the same time. If they only do reduction on baleful and seraph, it is more understandable.

Also, does anyone able to revert their raven back to seraph/baleful? If so, how long have you guys upgraded it before reversal?

On 8/16/2017 at 8:29 AM, Sawary said:

You always knew that eventually riftwalk and dawnforged would turn into raven yet decided to make your raven weapon, now with nebula stones at higher lvls the cost reduction is only 20% and I expect it even to be less at higher rift/dawn levels.

If you're dedicated to this game ofc you would check whats happening in other regions and what content we are expected to get in a near future, its not the games fault to update. 

Besides that 4k difference is only acceptable if you have the gold to upgrade it all at once and within the set period of time that these nebula stones last, I highly doubt that the regular player will have the resources and time to upgrade it all from legendary to riftwalk 6 in a single event.

??????

sry not everyone can sit at home all day finding translated patch notes from other regions, if u want the whole community to be only "dedicated" players like you. There won't be much players left to show off your "hard work" or ur credit card

1 hour ago, Yarnz said:

??????

sry not everyone can sit at home all day finding translated patch notes from other regions, if u want the whole community to be only "dedicated" players like you. There won't be much players left to show off your "hard work" or ur credit card

What do you mean? There is plenty of info in the internet about future content, price reductions and stuff. You can even make a free account in TW server and check it out yourself. You dont need to stay at home 24/7 to know those things. I work 8h per day (+2h traveling) and I play in the KR server aswell and know whats to come. So wheres your god now? :D

It's really not that big of a deal people who aren't raven either couldn't get into a decent run or they couldn't get the drop for their class either way current raven users enjoyed the massive damage increase and raids. Also people been saying for at least two months to wait for rift to raven stage six conversion so really there is no excuse to  complain about a discount cause it's really not that much cheaper for people who were already going up the rift/dawnforge path especially with the rising costs of silverfrost transformation stones which are currently up 65% of what they were two weeks ago

9 hours ago, NightFer said:

What do you mean? There is plenty of info in the internet about future content, price reductions and stuff. You can even make a free account in TW server and check it out yourself. You dont need to stay at home 24/7 to know those things. I work 8h per day (+2h traveling) and I play in the KR server aswell and know whats to come. So wheres your god now? :D

how do you justify a game updating its content expecting its player base to look for upcoming contents from other regions? meanwhile they promised to bring "westernized" content to begin with. idc what u do, theres obviously a lot of players who doesn't check upcoming content. and plenty of people who doesn't have a source for these info

Honestly, it really isn't that hard to figure out. We have the internet for a reason. Like c'mon, use your brain and do some research. This game has been out for years, alright. People have been saying this many occasions that it was going to happen. We tried veterans and no one listened. And here it is, we told you so. Yet people still wanted to race for raven like I'm the cool kid on the block.

Almost all Asian mmos have more than one region. If you follow the trends, you would know what changes are coming up. Such as, new tier weapons and what mats are required for it, new cosmetics, new dungeon, skill changes, etc. The point is, follow the trend not the herd. If you happen to know what is going to change the game, you can use that to your advantage and be three steps ahead of everyone in the game. FOLLOW THE TREND. Same thing applies in real life. 

Fyi, it is not NC SOFT West fault, you made an affirmative decision on going that path, locking it in. So just accept it and move forward.

2 hours ago, Sakyubasu said:

Honestly, it really isn't that hard to figure out. We have the internet for a reason. Like c'mon, use your brain and do some research. This game has been out for years, alright. People have been saying this many occasions that it was going to happen. We tried veterans and no one listened. And here it is, we told you so. Yet people still wanted to race for raven like I'm the cool kid on the block.

Almost all Asian mmos have more than one region. If you follow the trends, you would know what changes are coming up. Such as, new tier weapons and what mats are required for it, new cosmetics, new dungeon, skill changes, etc. The point is, follow the trend not the herd. If you happen to know what is going to change the game, you can use that to your advantage and be three steps ahead of everyone in the game. FOLLOW THE TREND. Same thing applies in real life. 

Fyi, it is not NC SOFT West fault, you made an affirmative decision on going that path, locking it in. So just accept it and move forward.

Idk why you people keep saying that, it's plain bs that we have to check other regions to not get screwed over and i actually did check the paths in TW and it wasn't cheaper there then. That upgrades get cheaper later on is normal and to be expected but not that only one path gets a reduction and people that just went the other one a while ago get screwed over. No one warned that there will be an event that will only reduce rift/dawn path and screw over people on raven 1-5.

The event is meant to help new players or alts who are still in baleful/seraph to catch up with the older players. So they can also do new content. This is due to people complaining about how hard it is to upgrade their weapon and not making enough gold. Farm it! Jeez, what you expect to be spoonfed? The stone makes a huge difference for lower-tier weapons. However, the stone makes minuscule changes for dawnforged/riftwalk due to the jump in price of the STS. With STS at 18-19g, you need 15 of them for stage 1-3 and 20 for stage 4-6. It cost more than one SPTS for stage 4-6. So when you compare the use of the stone and the weapon breakthrough, you will see that there isn't any dramatic difference in mats required for it. So to say, the event helps only those with dawnforged/riftwalk is pure ignorance.  

Those players who went with raven is expected to know what they have gotten themselves into. Either farm the mats and do raid every week or, yep, you guessed it! Swipe hard. NC Soft West implements a weapon reduction event or patch after a certain x months goes by after a new tier weapon or weapon stages. Just keep that in mind. 

The only problem is that GM can revert weapon for some players, but not for others. There are multiple players with higher raven stages weapon than I do and upgraded theirs earlier than me got reverted, but not me. The only differences are that they did spend NCoins in this game and I don't. Oh well....sucks to be a free to play player...I guess.

20 hours ago, Cor said:

Idk why you people keep saying that, it's plain bs that we have to check other regions to not get screwed over and i actually did check the paths in TW and it wasn't cheaper there then. That upgrades get cheaper later on is normal and to be expected but not that only one path gets a reduction and people that just went the other one a while ago get screwed over. No one warned that there will be an event that will only reduce rift/dawn path and screw over people on raven 1-5.

KR had absolutely the same event a few months ago where I managed to upgrade from stage7 to riftwalk 3 in 2 weeks. There was no price reduction for raven weapons, because raven weapon is a luxury in KR. I see more people running around with seraph/baleful and dawnforge/riftwalk rather than raven on any stage there. So yes, if you dont check other regions, you wount get this kind of information. Those regions arent there just for the lulz for us, they actually help us understand whats to come and whats to focus on. Or would you rather not know what is there and they serve you the same event and you ragequit? Its not that this information is there to harm you know?

7 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

The only problem is that GM can revert weapon for some players, but not for others. There are multiple players with higher raven stages weapon than I do and upgraded theirs earlier than me got reverted, but not me. The only differences are that they did spend NCoins in this game and I don't. Oh well....sucks to be a free to play player...I guess.

If you are a free-to-play player, you inform yourself from the other regions so you dont get in such situations again. That reverting is not supposed to be there at all in the first place. See, I am a f2p player too and I patiently waited for things to come that I know of and upgrade cheaper. If you are smart, you get things done for free :P

Archived