"Nebula Stone Showdown" Event

Viblo

So as the patch notes were just released for Dark Origins, I was quick to read them and find myself happy with the number of changes - except for one specific update.

"Dueler’s Medallions can also be purchased from the Hongmoon Store at a limit of 2 per day per account for 1 NCoin."

Is this a joke?

So, does this mean that the target for this event, that is meant to reduce upgrade costs, is only for those that will charge NCoin?

Yes, there is of course other ways to get the Dueler Medallions (1v1, 3v3, DC + Weekly), but making the Medallions cost 1 NCoin is still profitting the people spending money on this game.

We saw with the most previous event, Fortune Falls, that it works to put items on the Hongmoon Store that are free. So why not do the same with this event?

It is this kind of mindblowingly stupid decisions that honestly makes me annoyed enough to want to quit. I do not want to support a game like this.

I hope that you, NC, can rethink this bold decision in favor of letting everyonparticipate properly in this event. 

Unless someone replies with a reason, a reason for the event item to make people charge NCoin or use F9 and spend gold (which is kind of ironic, considering the purpose of the event, hence "Nebula"), instead of just making it free.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really want to quit for an item costing 1 NCoin, you should better leave, lol.

Seriously you people always find something to cry about. The nebula stones only cost 30 coins so you can basically get them after 2-3 days, while the event goes a full month.

Since you talk about participating "properly". The daily challenge gives 3-9 tokens, the weekly 5-15, every 4 of the arena dailies also gives multiple tokens. 2 per day is basically nothing.

Just now, Leyren said:

If you really want to quit for an item costing 1 NCoin, you should better leave, lol.

Seriously you people always find something to cry about. The nebula stones only cost 30 coins so you can basically get them after 2-3 days, while the event goes a full month.

Two items every day, for one month, is 62 of the event items. If this event will be equal to the previous two events, that would be half of the needed mats for something like a Sacred Oil.

It's not as if I was completely neutral to the game and is purely angry for this event; it's the continous poorly thought-out decisions for this game.

@Viblo

It may purchasable via HM coin like other event item.

If it's, it's fine imo, the game itself giving you free HM coin several time already.

If it's not, still fine for me cause the event long like 1 month so the total cost to purchase is around 30 NCoin (or maybe 60 if 1 NCoin per Medallion)

I completely agree with you on this one. Even if 2 medallions a day might be not much, they impact the amount we can get overall in a limited time event. The longer this event goes, the more will people paying for this game benefit from it while people that simply play to enjoy the game itself have a disadvantage because they are either unwilling to pay money on a game or they just might not be able to pay for whatever reason. I want to believe that NC honestly mean what they promise: a truly free-to-play game. Things like these make me doubt. It doesn't build trust between players and NC at all, much more the opposite in fact. I'm not gonna say the community will crumble because of this - I am sure they have heard this dozen of times - I just wanna say that I'm disappointed. I don't mind the event itself, it's great; but the direction this game is going is not the direction I would want this game to go.

It is roughly half an oil, yes. But it is only per account, and you get more of them than in the last event. Mimimimiiii, I can only grind 30 oils with my chars while others can buy half an oil?

Also, like the one before me said, mostly event items for NCoins include HMCoins aswell.

Seriously but crying over this is ridiculous..

1 hour ago, Viblo said:

It is this kind of mindblowingly stupid decisions that honestly makes me annoyed enough to want to quit. I do not want to support a game like this.

You can't even for small amount for an event. What kind of support that you did actually..

Just now, Wiri said:

You can't even pay 10 (or 20) gold for an event. What kind of support that you did actually..

I played this game since launch, and has spent my fair share of cash on this game. That's different than just spending money on it now, for the smallest possible amount of NCoin.

1 hour ago, Viblo said:

I played this game since launch, and has spent my fair share of cash on this game. That's different than just spending money on it now, for the smallest possible amount of NCoin.

you can save for other event, your coin is there and it won't go anywhere tho

Everyone should be angry that NCsoft is supporting paid players and not F2P ones. How dare they give the people who spend <$5 on the game half a bound sacred oil? All F2P players should not support this game by continuing to not spend money on it. NCsoft is a charity and all its employees should gratefully serve us like unpaid slaves because we are CUSTOMERS and customers are always right.

-_-

1 minute ago, 886688_1452550529 said:

Everyone should be angry that NCsoft is supporting paid players and not F2P ones. How dare they give the people who spend <$5 on the game half a bound sacred oil? All F2P players should not support this game by continuing to not spend money on it. NCsoft is a charity and all its employees should gratefully serve us like unpaid slaves because we are CUSTOMERS and customers are always right.

-_-

The problem is that NCSOFT is the company that decided to use this business model. They have put themselves in the position where both P2P and F2P players can take part in the game.

If they did not want to deal with F2P players complaining about unfair game aspects, they should have made it buy to play or pay to play.

They have put themselves in this position.

22 minutes ago, Leyren said:

Since you talk about participating "properly". The daily challenge gives 3-9 tokens, the weekly 5-15, every 4 of the arena dailies also gives multiple tokens. 2 per day is basically nothing.

Seriously, I was going to say the same thing about the 2× Tokens for 1NC being too small an amount to be a huge deal. In my opinion, it seems that the 2× tokens are there to purchase for the people who need "just one more, to buy this".

13 minutes ago, Viblo said:

The problem is that NCSOFT is the company that decided to use this business model. They have put themselves in the position where both P2P and F2P players can take part in the game.

If they did not want to deal with F2P players complaining about unfair game aspects, they should have made it buy to play or pay to play.

True.

TBH I don't think NCsoft cares about the complaints. The people who are complaining though, are they aware that this is a business model? 

Anyways this is a complaint over less than 40 cents.

1 hour ago, Viblo said:

55 minutes ago, 886688_1452550529 said:

True.

TBH I don't think NCsoft cares about the complaints. The people who are complaining though, are they aware that this is a business model? 

Anyways this is a complaint over less than 40 cents.

Seriously these "free" minding people..

What the heck why this is not unfair, you say f2p can't buy this?

Seriously you bought trove key like drain down the water.

If they make Medallion cost 100 NCoin that is p2p

In fact it cost 1 NCoin mean it is suitable for EVERYONE.

If its really that big of a deal charge 5 bucks  and just buy the tokens everyday 400 you'll still have over 330 ncoin left over for w/e you want ~  If you can't afford this meager amount then its kind of SooL for real be glad they didn't make it whale only event where you have to get wins in pvp....

lol I swear you "free" players always find something stupid as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ to complain about lol. do something useful and complain about something that's worth complaining about and not something so dumb as this to complain about

5 minutes ago, Leande said:

The Pvp dailies for event currencies, do you need to win or just to participate? Event seems worthwile to do but having to win games is stress sometimes.

I'm not so sure but usually will be one win I guess, to prevent people afk.

Create some alt that you familiar with so you won't waste too much time to get use to it, plus you get some mats for your main pvp weapon upgrade

4 minutes ago, Leande said:

The Pvp dailies for event currencies, do you need to win or just to participate? Event seems worthwile to do but having to win games is stress sometimes.

Well, from what I remember of the last stream, you should only need to participate.

The news explaining the Nebula Stone Showdown Event's conditions posted in the next hours.

17 hours ago, Viblo said:

So as the patch notes were just released for Dark Origins, I was quick to read them and find myself happy with the number of changes - except for one specific update.

"Dueler’s Medallions can also be purchased from the Hongmoon Store at a limit of 2 per day per account for 1 NCoin."

Is this a joke?

So, does this mean that the target for this event, that is meant to reduce upgrade costs, is only for those that will charge NCoin?

Yes, there is of course other ways to get the Dueler Medallions (1v1, 3v3, DC + Weekly), but making the Medallions cost 1 NCoin is still profitting the people spending money on this game.

We saw with the most previous event, Fortune Falls, that it works to put items on the Hongmoon Store that are free. So why not do the same with this event?

I hope that you, NC, can rethink this bold decision in favor of letting everyonparticipate properly in this event. 

Unless someone replies with a reason, a reason for the event item to make people charge NCoin or use F9 and spend gold (which is kind of ironic, considering the purpose of the event, hence "Nebula"), instead of just making it free.

So getting 62coins/month  (that's like 25-35gold/month) is lot for you? Wow...

16 hours ago, Untouchable said:

If its really that big of a deal charge 5 bucks  and just buy the tokens everyday 400 you'll still have over 330 ncoin left over for w/e you want ~  If you can't afford this meager amount then its kind of SooL for real be glad they didn't make it whale only event where you have to get wins in pvp....

The problem isn't being able to afford. The problem is that they chose to make the item 1 NCoin, meaning that many people have to charge those five bucks purely for NC to make money out of the event. That's how I see it. There's no word yet on if we can buy it for HM Coins, but since they clearly used "NCoin" in their patch notes, that's what I'm going after.

Archived