The Kung Fu Master is fun.

BurnixOfElf

I don't see any problems with the Kung Fu Master class, I find it generally easy to use, being able to aggro every enemy in a dungeon and then take almost all of them out at once. I haven't tried PvP yet but against someone of the same level I feel I should be able to hold my own as well. Plus I'm playing on a low-end computer. What's supposed to be so difficult?

Well KFM PvP for sure isn't easy, but beyond a certain point it's difficult for any class. But the learning curve for KFM in PvP is relatively steep, you might go through a 90% defeat phase at the beginning. Unless youa re a natural talent of course. ;)

Personally I tried KFM, BM, DES and SF in PvP so far and DES and SF were definitely easier for a beginner than KFM and BM. So there seems to be something behind those difficulty ratings shown in the game. ;)

As for PvE, I honestly see no difference in difficulty no matter what class you play. Dungeons are either easy or difficult - if they are difficult on one class, they will be difficult on a different class as well. Makes sense since it's group content, anyway.

Mushin's Tower & Tower of Infinity might be a different story, as they are solo instances. Here things can be easier or harder as a KFM, but you will find both. Mushin floor 7 for example is much easier for a BM than for a KFM, but harder for a forcemaster (I heard).

Then there's also the anicancelling, which the KFM sometimes does with 3 keys (2-R-F), while most other classes do this with only two keys. Maybe a bit deterring for beginners. KFMs also do a lot of dodging, countering and other reactionary iframes, as well as stacking aggro and party relavant buffs. that can keep you quite busy during raids. ^_^

There's no problem wiht the class, I love it after all, but it's not the quickest to deliver a feeling of accomplishment after only a little effort. And you won't be uber either once you mastered it, just on par with the other classes. So maybe that's what's grating people: you work hard learning the class, and then people don't even go "oh" and "ah". -_^

Well the class is broken OP,with the resists and counters plus tones of iframes.Basically I strongly think the class should and must be deeply nerfed-it shouldn't be able to iframe this much -but huh,is just my 2 cents ...

In PvP, KFM has always been ranked in the middle field, and even with recent buffs to ice guard and fighting spirit, it still ranks lower than BD, SIN, WL and currently even FM.

KFM actually has neither very many iframes (compared to e.g., SF) nor very long ones (compared to FM, WL under TD, DES or the typical 5 seconds of BD/BM/SF/SUM). The only time you will see a seemingly invincible KFM is when some newbie keeps spamming skills into their HM counter. One such bad apple can actually allow a KFM to take down even a strongly geared group in 6v6, by gifting them limitles iframes. A classic here is the never-beckoned cat. :D

• 11 months later...

Archived