Miko outfit

Sir Bismarck

1 hour ago, Sir Bismarck said:

can someone please explain to me why we don't have a Miko/shrine maiden outfit? because I seriusly would want one

Probably because a big percentage of BnS players seem far too young to appreciate the charm of traditional and/or martial fantasy asian outfits, so they get fed more and more bikinis, maid/loli dresses, business suits, venetian masquerade costumes, old western/sci-fi styles, gansters and flappers garments and a myriad of cosplay stuff...

3 hours ago, Nimble Fumble said:

Probably because a big percentage of BnS players seem far too young to appreciate the charm of traditional and/or martial fantasy asian outfits, so they get fed more and more bikinis, maid/loli dresses, business suits, venetian masquerade costumes, old western/sci-fi styles, gansters and flappers garments and a myriad of cosplay stuff...

Where does tycoon fit in that?

I just think maybe they a) haven't been able to get the code for it b) have a plan for it. There's so many costumes and with how limited they release costumes it's going to take a while to get everything possible.

The closest thing to traditional eastern garb you're going to get are outfits like howl at the moon or secret keeper, but those are more kimono/yukata-like, so as of now there is no miko-like outfit.

Really does suck though, I would like an outfit like that.

13 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

I think that would be really cute too.  But it'd probably because the games lore is based in Korean culture that we don't have Miko costumes.  Unless there happens to be a japanese costume contest or an event from Japan's server

It seems like the cultural setting would be a factor, but then again, BNS has "Kung Fu Masters", which are practitioners of Chinese martial arts, Samurai armor (The outfit, as it looks on female characters in-game.) that no real Japanese armorer would have made in old Edo, since it would've been impractical, cumbersome to move around in (In real life, human beings and their respective limbs and body parts do not have the luxury of being able to magically "clip" through everything we wear to protect ourselves from the stabs and slashes of bladed weapons, nor the blunt force trauma of blunt weapons. Most Japanese plated armor was made with hard, treated leather because it was more cost-effective to outfit an army with that than for everyone to use metal. It was also less weight to carry and wear than metal. Soldiers who didn't need to wear such armor wore fabric-based stuff with minimal armored coverage. -But I digress. The female Samurai armor doesn't make sense, and was designed with copay in mind, as are most of the cosmetics in this game. Instead of KFMs, they could've used practitioners of "Kuk Sool Won", which is a Korean-based style of martial arts that very closely resembles Chinese Kung Fu. I actually practice and teach Kung Fu, mainly, and learned of Kuk Sool Won from a fellow martial arts master in high school. Kung Fu in BNS doesn't look like real life Kung Fu to me. In BNS even the martial arts styles are highly stylized. It's not an uncommon thing, as a lot of Japanese anime and video games never really seem to get Chinese martial arts right. For instance, if you know how punches basically work with different styles of martial arts, you'd see, almost immediately, how "wrong" it can look when it shows up in movies, anime, and video games. Not all Chinese styles are the same, and the same goes for Japanese, Korean, and other styles, as well.

With certain outfits in-game, like "Devotion", you can see how the pants look on a Gon female, for instance. They have a "hakama" theme to the folds and pleats, and a "miko", being a "shrine maiden", wears a certain type of hakama. That outfit doesn't quite "get it" either, because the pants legs of hakama are supposed to be wider than they are, and closer to the ground. The same goes for the samurai armor's pants. The reasoning behind this is that with hakama, they are supposed to give the illusion of floating, and they're also supposed to conceal leg movement. This supports the footwork techniques of people who practice Kendo and Aikido (Even in Korean Hapkido). The Japanese martial arts uniforms in BNS, like "Infinite Challenge" (I think that's what the red one from that dumb arena is called...) - that one doesn't make much sense either. Because BNS puts style as a priority in design over practicality, some outfits like thsee have the females pants legs cut too short (Too high up the legs), AND have them wearing nonsensical footwear, like sandals with high heels. Female martial artists who aren't trying to showboat how effectively they can fight in high heels, don't typically wear heels whIle wearing such uniforms. I can understand flat sandals to walk from one fight location to another, but a Karateka isn't usually one to compete with such footwear, unless it's competition-regulated protective footwear. High heels are a nightmare to fight in, and I've tried it myself.^^;

It's silly, seeing a Yun throw any punch or kick in BNS, because they look so skinny and frail, that they'd hurt themselves more than they'd hurt their opponents. I've seen people break their legs at the shins, just attempting to sweep at someone else's beefier, sturdier legs. It's not a pretty sight. Seeing someone destroy their own finger bones and knuckles because they don't know how to punch a face that just happens to have TEETH, is pretty disturbing. Seeing someone's radius AND ulna break because they overestimate just how powerful they think they are, when trying to throw or grapple with someone who's at least one weight class above them is pretty gnarly too.^^;

Anyway, TLDR: BNS' fighting styles, outfits, and story-telling can be tough to look at if you know even a little bit of how some of this should look in real life. It's a game with an anime art style, but designed by Koreans, and put into a Korean cultural setting, with how some Koreans view HOW clothing and certain martial arts styles from other cultures are supposed to look, feel, and function. A Miko outfit isn't impossible for BNS, but keep in mind that a Korean will be the one to design it, based on how he/she interprets how it is supposed to look and even how it should be animated.

1 hour ago, SauronTheGreat said:

This one looks like a miko outfit : 

114654wznkiane3v5t09j3.jpg

120509go3ff9h29sb3inqc.jpg

Colors look too tryhard (Stylized) though.

But I thought miko outfits were just white and red?  The shrine maidens.  

Maybe I'm not clear on the scope of what miko can refer to. 

This looks more like those geisha outfits you see in movies. 

This is also so pretty!!!

13 hours ago, Shunaia said:

It seems like the cultural setting would be a factor, but then again, BNS has "Kung Fu Masters", which are practitioners of Chinese martial arts, Samurai armor (The outfit, as it looks on female characters in-game.) that no real Japanese armorer would have made in old Edo, since it would've been impractical, cumbersome to move around in (In real life, human beings and their respective limbs and body parts do not have the luxury of being able to magically "clip" through everything we wear to protect ourselves from the stabs and slashes of bladed weapons, nor the blunt force trauma of blunt weapons. Most Japanese plated armor was made with hard, treated leather because it was more cost-effective to outfit an army with that than for everyone to use metal. It was also less weight to carry and wear than metal. Soldiers who didn't need to wear such armor wore fabric-based stuff with minimal armored coverage. -But I digress. The female Samurai armor doesn't make sense, and was designed with copay in mind, as are most of the cosmetics in this game. Instead of KFMs, they could've used practitioners of "Kuk Sool Won", which is a Korean-based style of martial arts that very closely resembles Chinese Kung Fu. I actually practice and teach Kung Fu, mainly, and learned of Kuk Sool Won from a fellow martial arts master in high school. Kung Fu in BNS doesn't look like real life Kung Fu to me. In BNS even the martial arts styles are highly stylized. It's not an uncommon thing, as a lot of Japanese anime and video games never really seem to get Chinese martial arts right. For instance, if you know how punches basically work with different styles of martial arts, you'd see, almost immediately, how "wrong" it can look when it shows up in movies, anime, and video games. Not all Chinese styles are the same, and the same goes for Japanese, Korean, and other styles, as well.

With certain outfits in-game, like "Devotion", you can see how the pants look on a Gon female, for instance. They have a "hakama" theme to the folds and pleats, and a "miko", being a "shrine maiden", wears a certain type of hakama. That outfit doesn't quite "get it" either, because the pants legs of hakama are supposed to be wider than they are, and closer to the ground. The same goes for the samurai armor's pants. The reasoning behind this is that with hakama, they are supposed to give the illusion of floating, and they're also supposed to conceal leg movement. This supports the footwork techniques of people who practice Kendo and Aikido (Even in Korean Hapkido). The Japanese martial arts uniforms in BNS, like "Infinite Challenge" (I think that's what the red one from that dumb arena is called...) - that one doesn't make much sense either. Because BNS puts style as a priority in design over practicality, some outfits like thsee have the females pants legs cut too short (Too high up the legs), AND have them wearing nonsensical footwear, like sandals with high heels. Female martial artists who aren't trying to showboat how effectively they can fight in high heels, don't typically wear heels whIle wearing such uniforms. I can understand flat sandals to walk from one fight location to another, but a Karateka isn't usually one to compete with such footwear, unless it's competition-regulated protective footwear. High heels are a nightmare to fight in, and I've tried it myself.^^;

It's silly, seeing a Yun throw any punch or kick in BNS, because they look so skinny and frail, that they'd hurt themselves more than they'd hurt their opponents. I've seen people break their legs at the shins, just attempting to sweep at someone else's beefier, sturdier legs. It's not a pretty sight. Seeing someone destroy their own finger bones and knuckles because they don't know how to punch a face that just happens to have TEETH, is pretty disturbing. Seeing someone's radius AND ulna break because they overestimate just how powerful they think they are, when trying to throw or grapple with someone who's at least one weight class above them is pretty gnarly too.^^;

Anyway, TLDR: BNS' fighting styles, outfits, and story-telling can be tough to look at if you know even a little bit of how some of this should look in real life. It's a game with an anime art style, but designed by Koreans, and put into a Korean cultural setting, with how some Koreans view HOW clothing and certain martial arts styles from other cultures are supposed to look, feel, and function. A Miko outfit isn't impossible for BNS, but keep in mind that a Korean will be the one to design it, based on how he/she interprets how it is supposed to look and even how it should be animated.

You are awesome!

3 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

But I thought miko outfits were just white and red?  The shrine maidens.  

Maybe I'm not clear on the scope of what miko can refer to. 

This looks more like those geisha outfits you see in movies. 

This is also so pretty!!!

Miko traditionally wear a white haori and red Hakama (There's also a skirt kind of thing that can be worn in place of a hakama that looks similar.), as well as a red hair bow. The point in the color white is to represent purity. Red, elderly people usually say, has to do with fate, and our precious connections to other people, both alive and departed from the world, etc.. The above mentioned outfit isn't miko garb, but the poster did mention that it was a "stylized" outfit, so in BNS, maybe it would be their interpretation of how a miko would dress in BNS' lore and universe.

Miko also have a variety of tools for their work, but while there are a few items that are commonly known, some of it varies between different parts of the country.

My female Gon may not look like she's be a cute miko like in some anime or manga, but I'd still like an outfit like that if they can make it look decent on her, with the silly idle pose that we're forever stuck with (The hand on the hip pose that messes up the look of most of their outfits). My female Jin would look cute in miko garb, I'm sure.^^ ♡♡♡

8 hours ago, Shunaia said:

Miko traditionally wear a white haori and red Hakama (There's also a skirt kind of thing that can be worn in place of a hakama that looks similar.), as well as a red hair bow. The point in the color white is to represent purity. Red, elderly people usually say, has to do with fate, and our precious connections to other people, both alive and departed from the world, etc.. The above mentioned outfit isn't miko garb, but the poster did mention that it was a "stylized" outfit, so in BNS, maybe it would be their interpretation of how a miko would dress in BNS' lore and universe.

Miko also have a variety of tools for their work, but while there are a few items that are commonly known, some of it varies between different parts of the country.

My female Gon may not look like she's be a cute miko like in some anime or manga, but I'd still like an outfit like that if they can make it look decent on her, with the silly idle pose that we're forever stuck with (The hand on the hip pose that messes up the look of most of their outfits). My female Jin would look cute in miko garb, I'm sure.^^ ♡♡♡

Omygosh ty for the information. It's really cool to learn :3

On 8/13/2017 at 11:42 AM, Shunaia said:

Well said...very well said. I read the entire thing and now I feel more cultured because of it. Thank you.

12 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

Noo, I'm serious because I really loved reading and learning the things that you wrote.  Really cool

Well, I'm happy it was helpful. I just tend to type too much while on my phone, and it's harder to see how much I've typed on here, compared to when I'm on my PC. lol

11 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

Well said...very well said. I read the entire thing and now I feel more cultured because of it. Thank you.

I'm only knowledgeable in a lot of this stuff because of my exposure to such cultures and the respective people, therein. Whether it's my time living on one side of the pond or the other, I meet a lot of interesting people. It also helps when my family itself, contains a widely diverse assortment of people. I WAS going to say "assortment of flavors of people", but that'd make me sound like a cannibal. XD

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 11:31 PM, Shunaia said:

Well, I'm happy it was helpful. I just tend to type too much while on my phone, and it's harder to see how much I've typed on here, compared to when I'm on my PC. lol

I'm only knowledgeable in a lot of this stuff because of my exposure to such cultures and the respective people, therein. Whether it's my time living on one side of the pond or the other, I meet a lot of interesting people. It also helps when my family itself, contains a widely diverse assortment of people. I WAS going to say "assortment of flavors of people", but that'd make me sound like a cannibal. XD

That is so awesome.  I'm jealous xD

On 12/08/2017 at 0:51 PM, XO said:

Where does tycoon fit in that?

I just think maybe they a) haven't been able to get the code for it b) have a plan for it. There's so many costumes and with how limited they release costumes it's going to take a while to get everything possible.

^ What this person said basically...

Archived