Jump to content
Forums

So when are they actually gonna "balance" summoner?


Recommended Posts

On 8/11/2017 at 4:48 PM, xNina said:

Never i guess, even more broken in 6vs6 wind summoner is like rambo equipped with minigun, cat never die.......

Fixed that for ya.

 

A Gatling gun would require several people to manage, usually is on wheels, and requires you to turn the crank to make it fire. A mini gun would be much scarier.

 

However, that doesn't change the idea. Summoner always seems to be either one of two things:

 

Stupid OP

 

or

 

EZ!

 

It really does depend on the person playing it, because a summoner can easily ROFLSTOMP just about everyone they encounter if they work for it. That said, there are times when it feels like summoner is stupid crazy weak.

 

To really put them in perspective, try imagining fighting a WL only their Thrall never goes away. That, plus they have the dumbest grab in the game. Z_Z

 

The only thing I can think of to make summoner seem more balanced, is to nerf their grab. It's on a 24 second CD time, and more often than not, you'll end up being tech chased anyway (as in they get you to use your roll and then they daze you immediately after you used it). Even if you don't roll, they'll just spam damage at you...and summoners hurt...a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 4:00 PM, ARC-1276 said:

Fixed that for ya.

 

A Gatling gun would require several people to manage, usually is on wheels, and requires you to turn the crank to make it fire. A mini gun would be much scarier.

 

However, that doesn't change the idea. Summoner always seems to be either one of two things:

 

Stupid OP

 

or

 

EZ!

 

It really does depend on the person playing it, because a summoner can easily ROFLSTOMP just about everyone they encounter if they work for it. That said, there are times when it feels like summoner is stupid crazy weak.

 

To really put them in perspective, try imagining fighting a WL only their Thrall never goes away. That, plus they have the dumbest grab in the game. Z_Z

 

The only thing I can think of to make summoner seem more balanced, is to nerf their grab. It's on a 24 second CD time, and more often than not, you'll end up being tech chased anyway (as in they get you to use your roll and then they daze you immediately after you used it). Even if you don't roll, they'll just spam damage at you...and summoners hurt...a lot.

Wait mate, i am wl but i dont have any grab skill so idk what you mean with grab?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Balance where? Arena? Summoners are mid-low tier in arena, 5th or 6th. If you have IQ 100+ and dont panic when they pew pew everything, you can easly counter/cc them and AoE shit out of them. If they escape, 90% of them will shit their pants and will be passive for 30s, then all you need to do is wait until you see that flower above their head and use your pierceing/defense cancel skill and give them surprise heart attack and i guarantiee you, that most of them will not know what to do next and just press random stuff. Of course there are skilled summoners out there that are really good, but guessing by your comment, they are out of your reach anyway. 

 

In 6v6? Well, yea there they are top tier with fm and wl 

 

Ps: You said you are WL? Well, your class need to be balanced, WLs just have too much unavoidable damage with "hoba, hoba air combo" *cought* "skill reset", and is considered as OP with FM in any region.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 4:05 AM, MidwinterCZ said:

Balance where? Arena? Summoners are mid-low tier in arena, 5th or 6th. If you have IQ 100+ and dont panic when they pew pew everything, you can easly counter/cc them and AoE shit out of them. If they escape, 90% of them will shit their pants and will be passive for 30s, then all you need to do is wait until you see that flower above their head and use your pierceing/defense cancel skill and give them surprise heart attack and i guarantiee you, that most of them will not know what to do next and just press random stuff. Of course there are skilled summoners out there that are really good, but guessing by your comment, they are out of your reach anyway. 

 

In 6v6? Well, yea there they are top tier with fm and wl 

 

Ps: You said you are WL? Well, your class need to be balanced, WLs just have too much unavoidable damage with "hoba, hoba air combo" *cought* "skill reset", and is considered as OP with FM in any region.

 

 

Just to jump in on the warlock stuff.

Unavoidable damage lol.

Hoba hoba requires projectiles. thus avoidable using projectile resist (which a lot of classes have, except you guessed it warlock)

Skill reset is 1 to a max of 2 usage during arena match. And if you are smart you can wait it out or play smart and dont use escape until thrall is active and a warlock can engage its air combo. 

Q and E on most classes can avoid a lot of damage (KFM 100% evade for example)

 

Warlock doesnt do any damage when skills are on cooldown or when they are out of chi.

Warlocks have 1x ss, 1x escape (2x when thrall is up)

1x 5 second protection buff

1x sanctum (min cd 45 sec) (cant target or cant stun,daze,kd)
Vs cant stun as a close combat just use your skills on them or your lmb and stuff you can even sometimes jump to them as cant target is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing bugged anyway

Cant stun daze or kd

just knock back and they are out.


Warlocks dont have a stun/daze lock combo if they dont have a thrall up that is able to time distort.

Against spin 2 win classes they need to spec knock down, leaving them only with thrall or imprisson to daze and start the knock up combo. (ez to avoid then right) 
No warlock is not that easy as you make it sound. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please. PvP is an unbalanced mess...

 

-Assassins are practically the win button (being completely broken in PvE as well as PvP)

-Melee classes are completely bent over the table by ranged classes, with the exception of 2 (Destroyer and, of course, Assassin)

-Summoners can just spam all day every day and hide behind their cats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 4:18 AM, Hirukaru said:

Unavoidable damage lol.

Hoba hoba requires projectiles. thus avoidable using projectile resist (which a lot of classes have, except you guessed it warlock)

The poster was talking about the inability to escape WL air combo.  Once you're in the air, there is nothing you can do to escape the combo.

 

You have to preemptively use projectile resist moves because you are helpless once the WL launches you into the air.  Since it is preemptively done, why would a WL try to engage their air combo while the opponent is protected by projectile resist?

On 9/13/2017 at 4:18 AM, Hirukaru said:

Warlock doesnt do any damage when skills are on cooldown or when they are out of chi.

You're not saying much here.  The same could be said for all of the other classes.

On 9/13/2017 at 4:18 AM, Hirukaru said:

Skill reset is 1 to a max of 2 usage during arena match. And if you are smart you can wait it out or play smart and dont use escape until thrall is active and a warlock can engage its air combo. 

Even if it is used once per round, being able to reset the majority of your key skills on command is quite powerful.  There isn't any other class in the game that has that capability.

On 9/13/2017 at 4:18 AM, Hirukaru said:

Warlocks have 1x ss, 1x escape (2x when thrall is up)

1x 5 second protection buff

1x sanctum (min cd 45 sec) (cant target or cant stun,daze,kd)

 A WL can burn through all their escapes and reset them in an instant effectively doubling the amount of escapes they have access to.  Between resetting escapes, alternating sanctum with bastion, hiding behind/inside thrall, and no chi cost block, WL has formidable defenses.

 

On 9/13/2017 at 4:18 AM, Hirukaru said:

No warlock is not that easy as you make it sound. 

WL isn't as easy as some of the other classes, but at the same time, don't sit there and pretend that it isn't strong when played at an optimal level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 4:05 AM, MidwinterCZ said:

Balance where? Arena? Summoners are mid-low tier in arena, 5th or 6th. If you have IQ 100+ and dont panic when they pew pew everything, you can easly counter/cc them and AoE shit out of them. If they escape, 90% of them will shit their pants and will be passive for 30s, then all you need to do is wait until you see that flower above their head and use your pierceing/defense cancel skill and give them surprise heart attack and i guarantiee you, that most of them will not know what to do next and just press random stuff. Of course there are skilled summoners out there that are really good, but guessing by your comment, they are out of your reach anyway. 

 

In 6v6? Well, yea there they are top tier with fm and wl 

 

Ps: You said you are WL? Well, your class need to be balanced, WLs just have too much unavoidable damage with "hoba, hoba air combo" *cought* "skill reset", and is considered as OP with FM in any region.

 

First of all you little summoner dont need buff, second to hable to "hobba" hobba" you need to stun or daze first your targed you alway can escape this not easy with cat alway in  front abd somehow idk but summoner can pop iframe while they get aerial? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xNina said:

First of all you little summoner dont need buff, second to hable to "hobba" hobba" you need to stun or daze first your targed you alway can escape this not easy with cat alway in  front abd somehow idk but summoner can pop iframe while they get aerial? 

11

They can use their alli (e) every 30 seconds. When used when inflicted by any cc (it does not say aerial though, but might also count not sure) it will have 60 seconds cooldown. They can always use their pet call without any cooldown, but at those times it will also iframe and knock you down and disable charge and defensive skills.

You should pve them as a warlock and not try to go for the big aerials.

Edited by N3ro
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Give summoner a few more penetration CC's, a more reliable block counter, or maybe double air combo without needing a crit. Maybe move the 5iframes, hammer, and v for summer to always use and have the cat be a ghost so you cant target it by mistake. Then summoner's will be more balanced compared to the rest of the classes just like the title asked for. For now, you can keep enjoying your free arena wins when facing a summoner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are so selfish here , yeah selfish is the right thing to say. Most of people doesnt talk until they touch their classes and then they start to complain but you can't hear any word when it's broken. I'm just laughing when i see people here trying to defend their classes with stupid excuses. I saw noone complains about Fm here and clearly that wall thing is something should be fixed but sshh don't mention it or they fix it, just let it go as it is. But once they fix it , i am sure all the FMs gonna start to complain here for being weak. Same goes for WLs.

 

What do you want? Enjoing the game with balanced pvp or just killing everyone comes to you and feed your ego?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...