Netson

Further compensation for EU server players

Netson   

We need a further compensation, as if it was not enough to have 4+ hours stolen from our prime time yesterday plus today maintenance during prime time, plus extra time and plus NA comes back first, now your ****ing server merge ended up as a disaster with the MS of every EU player skyrocketing, as if the previous latency wasnt bad enough.

Shunaia   

This is the compensation if you had not heard or read about it just yet:

22 minutes ago, Liinxy said:

Hello everyone,

With the unplanned downtime of our European datacenter on Tuesday and the extended downtime this Wednesday, we would like to provide European players with 26 Ruby Coolers and North American players with 13 Ruby Coolers. You can find the bundle with these items in the Hongmoon Store as a free one time purchase per account until the beginning of the August 16th maintenance.

Additionally we are adding Premium Membership time to all players who have an active membership. European players will receive 2 days and North American players will receive 1 day. You’ll see the additional time on your account within a few days.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continuous support!

Team Blade & Soul

Netson   

ye i mean over that compensation we need an even further one, its like 26 coolers? theres ppl who lost more than that, that have full character slots and do daillies in all of them, plus the premium time compensation is also only for premium players like me, i belive that it should be extended in EU side to at least every EU player, NA doesnt need a compensation to start with, not only guys in NA didnt have down time yesterday, they got servers back up be4 and got their maintenance done out of their prime time

Drizzeh   

I agree to some degree. 

I think the compensation for today should be for both NA & EU eventho they don't suffer as much it's only fair that we get treated equaly.

They should just give 13x coolers ONE time PER character. I see no reason for them (NCSoft) to not do this, on the contrary.

I tried explaining my POV on this in this topic:

I think we should give every compensation topic traction and hope they'll listen to what we have to say ..

Netson   
2 hours ago, Drizzeh said:

I agree to some degree. 

I think the compensation for today should be for both NA & EU eventho they don't suffer as much it's only fair that we get treated equaly.

They should just give 13x coolers ONE time PER character. I see no reason for them (NCSoft) to not do this, on the contrary.

I tried explaining my POV on this in this topic:

I think we should give every compensation topic traction and hope they'll listen to what we have to say ..

wen they give us maint out of prime time we can go by equallity but untill then, NO!

8 hours ago, Netson said:

ye i mean over that compensation we need an even further one, its like 26 coolers? theres ppl who lost more than that, that have full character slots and do daillies in all of them, plus the premium time compensation is also only for premium players like me, i belive that it should be extended in EU side to at least every EU player, NA doesnt need a compensation to start with, not only guys in NA didnt have down time yesterday, they got servers back up be4 and got their maintenance done out of their prime time

I have to disagree with you about NA players not needing compensation.  Not everyone works daytime jobs so there were a good portion of NA players that lost play time myself included.  Just be glad you got anything at all since they're not obligated to give out freebies.

Fieryfly   

They are not obligated to compensate anything.. as a complimentary gift they gave us all a little something.. Its more than I had yesterday.. Thanks NC for thinking of your customer base.

Leyren   

26 is pretty nice already. If you have the time to do the event with multiple chars, you should've had the time to prepare the quests (either do it from 8-13 or do it earlier and just get the reward). I do this with 7 chars and got everything done easily.

You can't expect them to refund you for every single char.. And then not even asking for it, no, trying to enforce it like "they have to.. they must..", some people have just no respect and are overly greedy, and then they wonder why publishers ignore you.

Edited by Leyren

Nala   
19 minutes ago, Dark Falz said:

I have to disagree with you about NA players not needing compensation.  Not everyone works daytime jobs so there were a good portion of NA players that lost play time myself included.  Just be glad you got anything at all since they're not obligated to give out freebies.

Exactly this ^ I work from the afternoon until midnight and when I make it home it's pretty much sleep time. Therefore I lost out on playtime too so I'm happy that NA players got compensated as well. It's funny how you guys always tell others not to speak on EU players so don't speak on all NA players either and saying we don't deserve compensation like you.

Drizzeh   
2 hours ago, Leyren said:

26 is pretty nice already. If you have the time to do the event with multiple chars, you should've had the time to prepare the quests (either do it from 8-13 or do it earlier and just get the reward). I do this with 7 chars and got everything done easily.

You can't expect them to refund you for every single char.. And then not even asking for it, no, trying to enforce it like "they have to.. they must..", some people have just no respect and are overly greedy, and then they wonder why publishers ignore you.

I don't think i'm either disrespectful or greedy to ask for what I could have done if maintenance had not been unusualy long.

For some of us it's impossible to do it from 8-13 because we have other responsibilities and our play time unfortunately is in the evenings. 

And most importantly, is there any harm in giving everyone the 13 coolers per char for yesterdays loss? For ppl like you that are on track and did it in the mornings it's just extra coolers and u can slack a day if u wanted to, but for ppl like me who couldn't do this, it's pretty vital if we want to get the most out of this event. 

Leyren   
45 minutes ago, Drizzeh said:

I don't think i'm either disrespectful or greedy to ask for what I could have done if maintenance had not been unusualy long.

For some of us it's impossible to do it from 8-13 because we have other responsibilities and our play time unfortunately is in the evenings. 

And most importantly, is there any harm in giving everyone the 13 coolers per char for yesterdays loss? For ppl like you that are on track and did it in the mornings it's just extra coolers and u can slack a day if u wanted to, but for ppl like me who couldn't do this, it's pretty vital if we want to get the most out of this event. 

I agree with you that the extra coolers would help many people. The thing that bothered me is the way some people "ask" (here and in the game aswell). They already gave out a compensation, which they didn't even have to, and then whining around with the usual trashtalk is just shitty.

Hmm, First People complained that NCsoft doesn't give compensations, Now they Gave 13/26 Compensation and on top of that even 1/2 additional Premium days - And Still not happy lul... No matter what they do, People simply never happy. no wonder why they sick of listening to people, When people never show them gratitude for whatever they do. That's just sad...

Xenosaga   

Actually 26+1 Ruby Coolers, tried it today. :)

The store has 26x pack and 1x pack. I clicked both and both confirmed.... 26 and 1 = 27x Ruby Coolers.

Edited by Xenosaga

12 minutes ago, Xenosaga said:

Actually 26+1 Ruby Coolers, tried it today. :)

The store has 26x pack and 1x pack. I clicked both and both confirmed.... 26 and 1 = 27x Ruby Coolers.

Yes, Because 26 pack is for compensation EU and x1 pack is everyday

Netson   
On 10/08/2017 at 9:25 AM, Dark Falz said:

lol? can u even compare the quantity of EU players that work during the day VS NA players that play during the night? the answer is no, the prime time is so much more valuable

20 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Hmm, First People complained that NCsoft doesn't give compensations, Now they Gave 13/26 Compensation and on top of that even 1/2 additional Premium days - And Still not happy lul... No matter what they do, People simply never happy. no wonder why they sick of listening to people, When people never show them gratitude for whatever they do. That's just sad...

i also have a piece of my mind to give you

i have played on other companies and seen some server merges  of 5-6 servers it never takes longer than 8 hours so asking 11h is a joke same for maintenances they hardly ever take 2h but here 3h is the minimum of minimums, and last but not least most companies have 2 maint times 1 for NA region and another for EU region(companies that work on both sides) or start at midnight wich is around 8am according to gmt+0 making the maint occur during the morning and having a much smaller impact, and funny all in all you dont find this many rage posts in forums about maint times or compensation requests

4 hours ago, Netson said:

i have played on other companies and seen some server merges  of 5-6 servers it never takes longer than 8 hours so asking 11h is a joke same for maintenances they hardly ever take 2h but here 3h is the minimum of minimums, and last but not least most companies have 2 maint times 1 for NA region and another for EU region(companies that work on both sides) or start at midnight wich is around 8am according to gmt+0 making the maint occur during the morning and having a much smaller impact, and funny all in all you dont find this many rage posts in forums about maint times or compensation requests

Are you that addicted to the game that you have nothing else to do while maintenance is going?. which only happens one time every week... Some people really sound like Drug addicts, who doesn't get one dose and goes crazy >.<. Don't Compare other companies. because there are so many factors why it can take longer.  it sounds like you don't really know how all of this works... Like Seriously, They even gave 26 Coolers and 2 Additional days of premium for EU... While NA only got 13/1. Do you See NA people complaining? No, Now if NCsoft would have gave 26/2 to NA and 13/1 to EU, there would be like 50+ EU threads by now right?...

FrozenB   
6 hours ago, Netson said:

lol? can u even compare the quantity of EU players that work during the day VS NA players that play during the night? the answer is no, the prime time is so much more valuable

This week has 11 hours of maint because of big server merges. Usually with just routine maint (without major patches), it only takes 2-4 hours. There were other mmorpg I played that when they did server merges, it took them 18-26 hours.

As you say, the maint happens at around 8am (GMT+0), so it is around morning in NA. However, it lasts for 11 hours, which means the server opens again at around 7pm (GMT+0). It means that some of the NA players can't play the game until night time. Remember it is summer time and most of the players are still students (some has evening jobs). So, it is all the same.