Hurray! "Today's Specials" - Cosmetic Items

Shunaia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the costumes are much appreciated, it's getting really hard to keep up with them as a newer player, especially on the back of the summer costumes.

After buying two summer costumes and two of the daily specials, I'm out of HMcoins.

Here are the problems as I see them...

Firstly, while the element of surprise is nice, it would be far better for those of us on a budget if we had some notice - maybe listings for the week? - so we can save for that costume we really want.

Secondly, the currency exchange needs fixing. It's full of page after page of small amounts of gold at the minimum price, making it next to impossible to get HMcoins. Maybe set the minimum exchange to 100g, or further limit the amount of sales per character, per day? I noticed on Friday that there seemed to be some kind of reset, and I actually manged to sell some gold, but by the time I switched to an alt, the exchange was already swamped with pages of 10g sales at minimum again :/

Another idea might be to actually sell the daily special costumes directly for gold. Cutting out the middle man might actually make the currency exchange competitive again too?

The bottom line is that everything in BnS, outside of events, etc., basically comes down to the same currency - gold/HMcoins/Ncoins, and it's a direct choice on whether to progress gear or buy outfits. You can't, for instance, work on gear progress in the Celestial Basin and earn a little gold at the same time to spend on fun things. I play every day on three characters, and in the last six weeks or so, I've made no gear progress at all.

Something else to consider, maybe get rid of useless healing potions, keys, etc. in reward chests and throw in 1 to 3 HMcoins. It wouldn't be game breaking, and it would really help with the masses of stuff for sale on the store.

I'm sure it's not just F2P players that are affected by this. Anyone without a bottomless wallet has to make a choice on what to spend their time/money.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:20 PM, Grumpypants said:

While the costumes are much appreciated, it's getting really hard to keep up with them as a newer player, especially on the back of the summer costumes.

After buying two summer costumes and two of the daily specials, I'm out of HMcoins.

Here are the problems as I see them...

Firstly, while the element of surprise is nice, it would be far better for those of us on a budget if we had some notice - maybe listings for the week? - so we can save for that costume we really want.

Secondly, the currency exchange needs fixing. It's full of page after page of small amounts of gold at the minimum price, making it next to impossible to get HMcoins. Maybe set the minimum exchange to 100g, or further limit the amount of sales per character, per day? I noticed on Friday that there seemed to be some kind of reset, and I actually manged to sell some gold, but by the time I switched to an alt, the exchange was already swamped with pages of 10g sales at minimum again :/

Another idea might be to actually sell the daily special costumes directly for gold. Cutting out the middle man might actually make the currency exchange competitive again too?

The bottom line is that everything in BnS, outside of events, etc., basically comes down to the same currency - gold/HMcoins/Ncoins, and it's a direct choice on whether to progress gear or buy outfits. You can't, for instance, work on gear progress in the Celestial Basin and earn a little gold at the same time to spend on fun things. I play every day on three characters, and in the last six weeks or so, I've made no gear progress at all.

Something else to consider, maybe get rid of useless healing potions, keys, etc. in reward chests and throw in 1 to 3 HMcoins. It wouldn't be game breaking, and it would really help with the masses of stuff for sale on the store.

I'm sure it's not just F2P players that are affected by this. Anyone without a bottomless wallet has to make a choice on what to spend their time/money.

The thing with cosmetic items in "Today's Specials", is that, so far, they're all items that were released in the past. That said, they'll most likely come around again later, like the next year. It's just a way for people, mostly collectors, to get a hold of them if they missed out on them the first or second time they had become available.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived