Lowbie killers

Saya Rock

Halllo, I was wondering if there's anything that could be done about lowbie killers. These people stalk low level faction camps and kill people continuously so that they can't complete their quests. I'm sure it's turned new players away. Could anything be done about this? Like not being able to attack a player who's x amount of levels lower than you or something? 

I am not sure why people would do that as it doesn't reward them for killing lowbies. (besides achievements that worths like 10-20 points?)

Also, lowbies can switch channel to continue with their quests. At least they have to guess which channels you switch into. If they switched to wrong channels, they have to wait for 2-3 minutes before switching again. Lowbies can finish their quests within this window. 

I'm fine; I have an HM11, so it's not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about new players. It happened to my new character and I could see how that might ruin the game for someone. And in these areas, there's only two channels so there's not much they can do sadly. And the person who kept killing me said they did it because they hate Crimson trash or whatever. Because they were killed as a lowbie too. Basically, they have no life and take it out on people that haven't done anything. 

Edit: They were an HM9 btw.

Alas, OP, some people are just a##holes. I imagine they are probably trying to hit an achievement or they just feel super accomplished and skilled by killing an easy target that can't fight back.

I think NCSoft should do something about this. Maybe a block that prevents PVP if you are more than 10 levels above the other marked player. The argument that putting on the oufit marks you for PVP so just don't wear it is stupid - many pvp elements in the game provide rewards that are required to upgrade weapons and accessories. PVP is not really opt in when you consider that.

You know, there r achievments for killing players in opposite faction uniforms.. and even titles to achieve for that.

Yeah, maybe not that fair, but legit anyways. It's not an excuse to say "don't wear the uniform" bc the open world pvp was designed like that. It's ur choice in the end.

thats nothing compared lowbie killers in clan 6v6. strongest players constantly make new clans to fight low ranked ones then once they get to the top 10 or so on new clan they make a new one. much more frustrating when there's rankings and leaderboards involved.

Archived