Suggestion thread for improvements to game

JDavidC

I hope devs see this thread; I'm going to post a list of improvements I'd like to see made to the game. It'd also be nice if other players posted what they'd like to see.

- Remove daily quest limit. It's pointless and only frustrates players by restricting rewards they can get per day.

- Add a PvE quest to weekly challenge. It's ridiculous that you HAVE to do battleground PvP just to have a chance at completing it, especially if you have no PvP gear.

- Remove weapon durability loss on being killed by a player. I have never seen this in other MMOs, and it makes PvP far less fun and more annoying. It'll also discourage people from taking part in it. It's dumb and needs to go away.

- Track active amounts of pvp players doing open world pvp, instead of amount of people online. On Windrest atm it's 99% Crimson Legion doing open world PvP. I really hope server merge fixes this.

- Make the demonseal orb defence dungeons more interesting. They're boring as **** right now.

- Add a need/greed system to loot rolling. Loot auctioning is weird, and I especially hate it when there's an item with a minimum price of 100g to bid just to not have it discarded by the loot system for some cash for the party.

- Make Radiant Ring crafting worth actually doing. As it is, it doesn't seem worth it with a lack of attack power gems.

6 hours ago, JDavidC said:

On Windrest atm it's 99% Crimson Legion doing open world PvP. I really hope server merge fixes this.

Group 3 is crimson and Group 2 is ceru, but its the smallest group, so imho most of them will change  to crimson before merge.

9 hours ago, JDavidC said:

- Make Radiant Ring crafting worth actually doing. As it is, it doesn't seem worth it with a lack of attack power gems.

Radian Ring is the crafting guild that crafts the diamonds so wtf are you talking about? Yes, its an RNG but its still there. What more do you want from it?

12 hours ago, JDavidC said:

I hope devs see this thread; I'm going to post a list of improvements I'd like to see made to the game. It'd also be nice if other players posted what they'd like to see.

- Remove daily quest limit. It's pointless and only frustrates players by restricting rewards they can get per day.

- Add a PvE quest to weekly challenge. It's ridiculous that you HAVE to do battleground PvP just to have a chance at completing it, especially if you have no PvP gear.

- Remove weapon durability loss on being killed by a player. I have never seen this in other MMOs, and it makes PvP far less fun and more annoying. It'll also discourage people from taking part in it. It's dumb and needs to go away.

- Track active amounts of pvp players doing open world pvp, instead of amount of people online. On Windrest atm it's 99% Crimson Legion doing open world PvP. I really hope server merge fixes this.

- Make the demonseal orb defence dungeons more interesting. They're boring as **** right now.

- Add a need/greed system to loot rolling. Loot auctioning is weird, and I especially hate it when there's an item with a minimum price of 100g to bid just to not have it discarded by the loot system for some cash for the party.

1. Remove daily quest limit.. can't, it against the law, before there is game even apply 2 hours play per day but now they come up with this limited

2. PVE quest for wc.. sound good

3. Remove weapon durability loss on being killed by a player.. um idk should be apply the same for pve and pvp

4. Merge won't fix anything for sure, will always have 1 faction dominate the other

6. You don't need to bid on that 100g item, if someone bid 100g will be divine by 5 mean you get 20g, if no one bid and all discard the item, 100g will be divine by 6 mean you get 16g

for me, the most upsetting bug or whatever it is, is this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ combat mode thing. i mean we stay at a windwalk portal for minutes cause some bug wont let us go forward.

its like 1 mob hit me and i stay in combat mode FOR MINUTES. how can this even happen? why it isnt fixed?  if its not pvp environment why cant we just choose with a press of a button that we want to be in combat mode?

another thing, since im an sf, i know this have been said everywhere by our class, BUT CAN WE MAKE ICE/DISTANCE STANCE FIXED? after 5 seconds it automatically switched back to melee if its not used.  i hate it and its so annoying.

i hope this thread gets attention by the crew.  

39 minutes ago, Inanhesh said:

another thing, since im an sf, i know this have been said everywhere by our class, BUT CAN WE MAKE ICE/DISTANCE STANCE FIXED? after 5 seconds it automatically switched back to melee if its not used.  i hate it and its so annoying.

i hope this thread gets attention by the crew. 

That's not a glitch or anything. That's how it is since it's not your original stance. Same goes for Lightning Draw stance for BM/BD or Fire/Ice mode for FM, you'll fall out of the mode/stance after not being in combat for "x" amount of seconds since it's not your original stance.

@JDavidC

1. There's a limit since in KR they're forced to have limited playing times if I remember correctly. So that limit is directly ported to us and NCwest would have to request it to be taken off but don't think they would at this point.

2. As I said in other threads, when the Dawn of Khanda Vihar equivalent comes out August 16th then they "should" put it was the 2nd PvE Weekly Challenge Quest since it's another weekly PvE quest. If they added one right now then the only weekly PvE quest that's there is for Skybreak Spire and I'm pretty sure none of you want that if you're not able to do it yet.

3. Pointless. Buying/Finding hammers takes little to no effort and wouldn't discourage anyone. It's not like if your weapon breaks you lose it forever like in some MMOs.

4. Merge won't do anything. People will naturally go to the higher populated faction for easier recruiting/talkative people.

5. KR devs won't bother with revamping old dungeons that are already easy to do.

6. Need/Greed system is pretty annoying in a sense since then only one person can benefit from a drop while the others are left without anything. The bidding system allows everyone to get rewarded even if they don't need that item. Also if no one needs a certain item(like a legendary accessory) then everyone by default will get gold from no one bidding on it.

7. If you're going to suggest something like that then the least you can do it give examples or ideas. That's like telling an artist to draw something but giving them no idea on what you want them to draw.

As per support recommendation to my request about lifting the limit on Duelist Bundle purchase once per account... It would be really awesome if the game developers would allow people to purchase more of the said bundle to use on characters they enjoy playing. I have bought one of this bundles for my warlock since it is the only way I can unlock hongmoon secret techniques as I do not like pvp nor have the time to grind for ages. Sadly, after playing warlock for so long since it was released I have become rather bored with it and would like to change my main to a summoner which I enjoy playing a lot. I don't see any harm if people decide to spend money on buying things to better their game play. At the end of the day, games such as BnS want people/gamers to enjoy playing the game, isn't it, and not get bored and quit the game completely? Or can someone from development team transfer my hongmoon secret techniques from my warlock to my summoner? 

My (small) suggestions:

1. Put F13 tickets in the vendor for Naksun Tokens or Naryu Silver, or like 50s.

2. Remove weapon durability drop in 6v6

3. Put upgrade path for Pet Aura in the Upgrade Path menu

4. Lower the amount of time needed for Demonseal cores in Gloomdross and Necropolis to charge up. Or remove these parts alltogether. 

5. Give us a separate 'Wardrobe' for weapon skins

6. Give a guaranteed extra gem slot for Bale/Ser every 3 stages on top of the rng opening, or just unlock all 6 at stage 1 guaranteed.

7. Give ability to use Wardrobe/Received items in Cross-server dungeon. 

8. Raise drop rate on Asura Ember and Offals and/or lower the amount of Zen Beans/BP needed to obtain these.

9. Remove RNG on transmuting SPTS. Even if that means a slight increase in transmuting cost.

10. Do something about the TOI seasons. I know we just had the Soul Badge event, but many classes need the green badge and it's expensive as hell to get. 

11. Increase drop rate of Evolved Stones in existing loot tables. 

12. Input a small artificial delay on TOI bots (i.e. 50 ms) so that those BM's will stop moving while blocking, and those SF's have a small timeframe before they're in your face at the start of a match. 

13. Allow selling of TOI token fragments as well. 

14. When I have 2 empty rows in my inventory and open a box with 4 items I don't want to hear this $%#^$ saying that my inventory is full. Because it's not. 

15. Make Soul/Pet account bound with no/low mailing cost

16. Make Yunsang drop something useful with a reliable rate. For example Moonstone Crystals at the same rate Naksun drops them. After getting Bracelet there is too little incentive to go F20. 

17. Put a little note on Khanda Vihar story chapter 6 (the one where it says go beat Raven King) that you need a group to do that quest. Too many newbies in faction chat confused about how the hell they're supposed to solo the first mob (since the entire rest of the story is solo). 

18. Increase HP / Decrease damage needed to gain credit on Grand Harvest Square bosses. 

May edit post if I think of something else.

1.  hotkey skill slot UI need a bit more flexible when changing... ie: like when switching hotkey skill 3 to 2... it can but the UI can't... it become more confusing and a bit hard to get used to it if i change hotkey skill 2 or 3 since they are at the midle... thats why i leave it to default which is not so comfortable for me when doing my rotation combo and i think thats is also one of a reason for others player using a macro because they cant configuration hotkeyskill to placing to where they comfortable... its like forcing lefthanded person using a right handed mouse...
  2. im so happy when i see an option where u can have screen shake affect or not... thats so helpfull.. by.. a LOT.... so if im not asking to much... can u make also screen dust or watery and snow (weather) disable or not too... thats also really helpfull...
  3. option for friend login or clan login notice... its abit anoying if i have so many friend + clan mate login at the same time when im in a middle of a bos fight at the dungeon... i make a new id and alt with no friend a clan at all just because of thats... i leave my main char just incase.... sound silly.. but thats the truth...

i know coding and programing is hard...but thats all im asking for improvement for my BNSing experience...

(sory for my grammar if its bad english...)

Best improvement is: Give EU players, EU ping and not NA 180-400 ping on EU Servers, don't make us to buy VPN that you have absolutely no connection with. 

But since it will never happen, i still believe in that dream. \o/

@Zuzu

1. But we're not in Korea, there's no reason for the source code for B&S to be EXACTLY the same here and in Korea. It could easily be fixed on NCWest side by raising the daily quest limit to something 'unreachable' like 100 or 200. There's really no reason not to allow this change on NA/EU.

2. If they added another PvE quest we can't do it would be better than no PvE quest at all. Another thing that could be done is to add weekly arena challenges. You don't need to gear up for that.

3. No, it's not pointless, durability loss in MMORPGs is supposed to be a punishment for getting yourself killed in PvE, or as a money sink for progression raiding. Putting it into PvP where death is much harder to avoid can discourage people from participating, especially with the way lots of players would be easy kills to whales.

4. How would you know that? I'm looking for a bit of evidence to back up what you're saying.

5. The point of revamping them is to make them more fun/challenging. Maybe merge some waves together so that you have fewer waves, but each wave is tougher.

6. Need/Greed doesn't need to replace loot auction, but it could exist as an alternative to it.

7. I did suggest an idea, attack power gems. Putting in more gems that give attack power to make investing in Radiant Ring actually worth it, particularly as it seems heavily RNG on products.

@JDavidC

1. It can probably be changed but I can't speak much for this. This was a similar issue that happened in my previous game and it was brought up to the NA publishers but nothing was changed as far as I know.

2. Well like I said, we're getting the Dawn of Khanda Vihar equivalent on August 16th so hopefully they do add it as the 2nd weekly PvE quest so everyone would be able to complete the weekly daily challenge.

3. It's not so much as a discouragement on this MMO though since Repair Tool prices are low, you get a great amount of them just from doing dailies, there's a profession that specifically makes repair tools and if you're already participating in PvP then you should/will have enough gold to buy repair tools if you ever get to the point where you run out. That's why I say it would be pointless to remove durability loss in this game.

4. Can't pull up physical evidence since it's been ages but when the 1st server merged happened Poharan(my server)/Iksanun merged. I was on red side and there were a fair amount of reds on the side when the merged happened while blue was still dominate. Over a month or two though red side began to slowly die as people went over to blue side for obvious reason; easier farming in SSP back when it was still profitable, easier to find a clan, more recruitments for dungeons/more talkative chat. Soon red side pretty much died off with a few notable clans still alive.

5. Even with a revamp it won't be challenging or fun anymore since everyone already outgears the content coming straight out of doing Storyline quests. It would've been more relevant for a revamp before the Offense/Defense system came to play.

6. Can't argue with that. Would be a nice addition, just thought you meant for it to replace the bidding system.

7. That would be a nice idea but just in my opinion it seems pointless when the player already receives Hongmoon gems via Storyline and are going to be after said gems since those are the only upgradeable ones. But this is just my opinion.

Here's why NCwest cannot just add new stuff or change majority of the content we have here:

NCwest doesnt own the game. is only a middle man to publish it to the west. Meaning they have no legal right, because copyrights, to change anything without the permission from Korea who originally made the game and owns it. So unless they give permission to NCwest to change something(for example what they did with gem mailing costs) NCwest cant do anything or very little about things. We get what Korea tells we get and NCwest can only ask Korea to consider changing something, be it something the community wants or something NCwest wants to be changed.

• 3 months later...

Areas that have daily or places like "Celestial Basin" would be great when you first start out if you could party with people and the quest are shared from party lead, however, you must be in a set distance from lead in order to give credit to group. Be nice since that area is a grind fest when you first start out. I can imagine some other areas would be nice to do like this as well. Just my two cents.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:01 PM, JDavidC said:

I think the system in GW1/GW2 both NC soft properties is better; each member of the party gets tagged drops in GW1 you can discard them in the field. So if I get something you really need; I can just drop it for you. Or keep if I need it. Its ultimately more fair IMHO as their is no ganking for drops and its not a matter of the player with deeper pockets allways getting what he wants.

Let players Bind any skill to any key they like to include mouse buttons, at least to 4 and 5; Gaming mice are just common now days, you can get a nice Zelotes for 20bucks; not programmable like a Razor. But Heavy, Solid, with a long life; I've been using mine for about a year and BnS is the only game I've played where binding the thumb keys has been any issue at all.

Classic Mode when I release my mouse key make my toon face front. I play in "Classic" mode in most games and this is the only game I've had this weird issue where my toon will continue to face side wise till RB is pressed. Oh lastly a bindable about turn command; mobs do have the nasty habit of coming up behind when they can.

What I really would love to see again, is the Option to go into more Depths in the Skill Tree.

I suggest to use both, the Simple "current" Skill tree, to be swift with respeccing, along with the previous more complex more indepth tree.

I am always speccing in a hybrid kind of way in almost every game, I also did it with my KFM with the Previous skilltree, I searched for hours upon returning to the game but could not find the option where to adjust every skill I want to really use.

It seems like the downfall of games, if you always simplyfy the game mechanics, you may try to gather more casual gamers, but you disrespect those that invest more time into the game.

Furthermore you lose unique traits that made the game shine more brilliantly.

You cut down the heart to improve the appearance as bait, in the end you lose, because bait is only of worth if the heart ( that will be seen after the baiting succeeded) is authentic.

I am still trying to see more and more in the game, but I loved the combat system the most along with the Story, as soon as I have finished the Story I think I will just quit, because boredom is not my kind of thing.

( To all the other players that think like I do "in regards to the Skill-Tree, If we want to have an Impact we might need to unite our opinions so that they can be regareded as "The Majority", if its just a few, they would not so likely reconsider their choices . )

• 2 months later...

I would like to see an "cc indicator" to the right side of the ultimate indicator, so that in a party or 12-man raid, you can see who cc'ed (blue - stun; red - daze; green - kd). By seeing who didn't cc or who cc'ed incorrectly, this will directly help or force players to learn cc mechs.

8 hours ago, pclee888 said:

I would like to see an "cc indicator" to the right side of the ultimate indicator, so that in a party or 12-man raid, you can see who cc'ed (blue - stun; red - daze; green - kd). By seeing who didn't cc or who cc'ed incorrectly, this will directly help or force players to learn cc mechs.

This wont force anyone to learn anything, the only thing this will create is more slander and toxicity in the community.

• 2 months later...

Please, do something with pvp... You're forcing people to do it, when they don't want to. Bravery coin for pet pods, chilling flame elixir etc. - it's ridiculous! Bravery coin should be currency only for pvp stuff. Implement an alternative for pve players, who want to evolve pet aura or unlock HM secret teachings.

I just hate pvp, I'm terrible at this, I don't want to be "professional player", I just want some fun - not frustration!

• 2 months later...

Archived