A Suggestion: Downscaling

Spiritchan

Just as the title suggests I would like to suggest downscaling: the ability to adjust your level at will. Of course you can only go down and then again up to your normal level. This is a feature that will allow higher level players to play with their low level friends without ruining the fun for them

This literally have no sense in it. Why would you want to downscale your own level, when the low lvl person can get from 1-50 in just 24h? Like seriously, you dont need 1000ap to complete the story, and after you finish it you will be 50/6 anyways. So, why even bother with it? There is absolutely no need to stay low lvl because all the fun starts after you finish the story.

I like this idea. Finishing the story puts one at 700-750ap right? But this doesn't teach mechs. Being able to lower your ap means you can go into an Asura or EC with a new clan member and actually teach mechs instead of telling them to stay back and then having to rez them after every boss fight. It will be more enjoyable experience for your clan member and it will create a pool of better players.

what are you guys all talking about?!!?

HM levels don't give you any stats that you have no control over.

1) press P, remove all your HM level points. distribute back in 30 points so you're instantly HM6 again

2) put on a set of pinnacle or lucent accessories.

3) equip whatever mix of shield pieces you want.

4) equip a gunwon weapon or something.

done!

1 hour ago, Britt said:

I like this idea. Finishing the story puts one at 700-750ap right? But this doesn't teach mechs. Being able to lower your ap means you can go into an Asura or EC with a new clan member and actually teach mechs instead of telling them to stay back and then having to rez them after every boss fight. It will be more enjoyable experience for your clan member and it will create a pool of better players.

No point in learning the mechanic in Asura since in an actual F8 party everything dies before reaching it's full potential. Unless you have a party of 700 AP or lower people which is rare to see. EC is the only dungeon in Normal mode you can learn the mechanics since it's the only dungeon that still mimics Hard mode's mechanics, just at a softer tone.

Anyways, @chickenpoodle's post pretty much shows you don't even have to add this "Downscaling" system in the game. Just put on crap equipment and you're set to go.

Yeah point system is fine. But there have been several times where I have ran a F8 group with a bunch of 750ap ppl. Don't know if its my luck or time of day but it happens often. This mentality of dps is all u need is why ppl still fail mechs in EC, NF and an event dungeon. I don't carry around multiple sets of ss. Just my pve and pvp one. How many ppl u know hold on to pinnacle and lucent acc? I do cuz I'm a hoarder and know I will always need them to upgrade the next piece of gear but my clan members sure as hell don't.

@BrittYou do know soul shields and Pinnacle/Lucent accessories are re-obtainable through dungeons right? If a friend wants to be on the same level as their friend/clan mate all they have to do is run the dungeons again, once or twice, to get the accessories and random soul shields back. Takes little to no effort.

The mentality of DPS is all you need is on the rage right now because KR NCsoft removed mechanics for the big 4 normal modes(minus EC) so now majority of the time it's just literally DPSing and disregarding the very subtle mechanics that are left. Can't really blame the people since if a 750 AP player gets into a party of 2+ Raven players then it's a guaranteed facerolling run so they don't experience any mechanics.

Anyways, tldr; if a friend, clan mate, etc wants to teach a new player how to do a dungeon then they can give them a guide to study/watch it then run the dungeon via friends/clan only to further teach them. If said friend/clan mate wants to be on par with the new player then throw on crap gear and run around with them. No point in adding a whole new system.

@Zuzu

Not talking about adding a whole new system, just give me a button that I can type in what ever dps I want, not exceeding my current max lvl of course and without having to change all my gear. 1 click button allowing me to change between my pvp and pve gear would be nice too.  Sure I can watch and read all the guides I want, but I learned better by doing. SS are still rng, no guarantee I'll get them my first 2 runs. Yes I have noticed how boring and easy the big 4 have become and once again we will just have a player base that have no clue how to do mechs, which means raids will continue to be a pain and take longer cuz ppl can't cc. Yes 12 man is coming but number of ppl, gear, and dps is not everything especially for end game content, doing mechs correctly is. And what if I'm a special kind of person that would just love to get a group of ppl together and go back and do older content at the lvl it was made for. E. Fleet anyone? God anything would be better then spamming the same dungeons another 100-200 times!

1 hour ago, Britt said:

@Zuzu

Not talking about adding a whole new system, just give me a button that I can type in what ever dps I want, not exceeding my current max lvl of course and without having to change all my gear. 1 click button allowing me to change between my pvp and pve gear would be nice too.  Sure I can watch and read all the guides I want, but I learned better by doing. SS are still rng, no guarantee I'll get them my first 2 runs. Yes I have noticed how boring and easy the big 4 have become and once again we will just have a player base that have no clue how to do mechs, which means raids will continue to be a pain and take longer cuz ppl can't cc. Yes 12 man is coming but number of ppl, gear, and dps is not everything especially for end game content, doing mechs correctly is. And what if I'm a special kind of person that would just love to get a group of ppl together and go back and do older content at the lvl it was made for. E. Fleet anyone? God anything would be better then spamming the same dungeons another 100-200 times!

It may seem like one button to you since you're not adding the coding into the game but to the devs it's going to be something new and has to be added. Just run the old dungeons again to get trash gear to lower your DPS or buy equipment from merchants and make do with those to lower your DPS. That's a simpler solution rather than requesting something new be added to the game.

Also you may learn better by doing the dungeon yourself, which is for anyone, but reading/watching a guide and getting the general idea makes it easier on you rather than trying to figure out the mechanics yourself which will also slow your whole party down if it requires everyone in the party to do mechanics.

In short, read/watch a guide, put what you read/watched in action, profit.

6 hours ago, Britt said:

Teach mech? There are mech? For all the heroic dungeon up to Asura (sogun), people can skip mech with 6 players of average 800+ AP. For DT, EC, NF, and NS, there are big differences in mech between normal mode and hard mode. I would say only EC has more similar mech in both modes than the other dungeons. Especially NS, normal and hard mode are just like 2 different dungeons. For a new player, they can only join normal mode, but what can they learn from these normal mode dungeons? "nothing"

For a new player, they should join up with other players in F8 to rush through the dungeons and gear themselves up. Instead of wasting hours of time to learn the mech in each dungeon that you don't even need once you have over 800+ AP. They can save the time and go farm other stuff to gear themselves better ASAP.

What they did in FF14 and Guild Wars 2 was that our stats were adjusted according to the zone we were in (or events a.k.a as F.A.T.E in the case of FF14). By being automatically downscaled, we couldn't simply roll over every world boss or challenging ennemy. We still had way better stats that any low level would have, but we could still end up dead if we weren't paying attention. Skyforge went the other way around, with dungeons relative difficulty increasing as you gear up so that it remained somehow challenging..

In all these games gear still mattered, as a high level player would always end up on the top end of the dps or survivability when compared to lower level players, but it wasn't as ridiculous as having a high level player simply roll over the lower level content. In these games, farming lower level zones might still be relevant as it's not as simple as one-shoting everything.

In BnS, gear is seens as entirely progressive and there is little to no benefit in doing low level stuff, even to help your friends. I would love to get a "max level" version of most dungeons, but this won't be happening.

Archived