A small suggestion that is doable for the outfit voting

Kozuki

Artists have their fan base. While they don't officially call people vote for them, their fans/friends might do so, attracting people to vote for their favorite artists, whether these fans play Blade & Soul or not.. So it is kinda unfair for less-known artists in term of vote-attracting.

I think the solution is simple: Do not count the votes of the accounts that are created after the first post of This thread. With that, even if the artists or his fan try to attract more votes, we can at least prevent a good number of non-BnS players voting in a game they don't even play.

This will also help to prune out newly-clone accounts.

what do u do of real new players who want to vote ?

I mean you're not wrong and but ur not right either.

I only see 3 solutions being:

1 - either give the right to vote (upvote) after 5 or 10 posts on forum

2 - use our linked account to only allow those who have a character above lvl 30+ to vote.

Or 3 - make the vote an in-game window where only those 30+ can vote. Probably the Most clever idea close to what you want and it would touch much more people without penalizing new real players. Win-win.

Well, not that our opinion will be taken into account anyway.

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

Artists have their fan base. While they don't officially call people vote for them, their fans/friends might do so, attracting people to vote for their favorite artists, whether these fans play Blade & Soul or not.. So it is kinda unfair for less-known artists in term of vote-attracting.

I think the solution is simple: Do not count the votes of the accounts that are created after the first post of This thread. With that, even if the artists or his fan try to attract more votes, we can at least prevent a good number of non-BnS players voting in a game they don't even play.

This will also help to prune out newly-clone accounts.

We need this. Plese @Liinxy, please. That's actually a GREAT and pertinent idea.

Is this an actual problem or just something you made up cause tbh idk. I'm not too kept up on the BnS art community, but do you think that a few of them really have a fan base thats gonna put them hundreds of votes ahead of their competition? Only a small percentage of the players even use the forums. There isn't really a point in trying to solve an issue that isn't actually a problem, and if there is a suspiciously large influx of account creation, NCSoft would be able to tell. They do keep tabs on these things.

Even if they got a small edge cause of a few fans, it's still more likely that the better outfits are going to win. Looking at the current numbers things seem pretty on point imo. Maybe your favorite isn't doing so well and you have a different sense of aesthetics, but keep in mind were playing a fantasy martial arts game. The outfits that strike me as fantasy or martial arts or both seem to be doing better than the ones that don't use that motif.

That's just my opinion on it though.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:30 AM, Malign said:

Is this an actual problem or just something you made up cause tbh idk. 

Interesting spreadsheet here:

Take this as a grain of salt, of course, cuz it is no official information (and I doubt you will ever see NCWest revealing such data).

People who don't believe in clone voting can just also check the Member Search section. Try to search with a single number of 1 to 9, and you will see a bunch of "unusual" account names consist of weird number and letter with literally no post history. These are either created solely for voting this session and beyond, or alting, or for botting. Either ways, these accounts, if the owner desires, can muster them to add more voting per account. They don't need to be newly created, as they are already created a long time ago.

I myself have three accounts: one main, one crafting alt, and one to make preset, cuz the other two are brimming full of 9 slots. If I want, I can cast 3 votes to my favourite outfit. And I'm not the only one who have more than two accounts. Get what I mean?

Voting through forum are bad idea as unlike KR where player accounts are hard to created as it requires their ID number to make, freely-made accounts make voting not very transparent. Prevent newly-created accounts during the contest will help to prune down clone-voting. While it might be unfair for new players, I don't think having their votes worth the risk. 

I have another solution: make more than one outfit into the game, not just the winner. Only the artist of the first one (Phantom Flower) gets the said rewards, and the others I think would be satisfied with seeing their designs into the game.

I voted for Divine Beasts, and would have voted for Blackmoon too. Phantom flower was my 6th option, I won't wear that outfit, even if it's for free.

Archived