Glad to see there has been no improvements in BG matching

triplethreat

It's controlled by gold sellers. They don't want you to get moonstones that easily and instead they are making you buy gold from them (they get the gold from gold farming slaves --- the ones you will most often see in SSP). If they ever see a nobody getting resources fairly easily, they will send the whales (frequent gold buyers) to slow you down.

MMORPGs have always been garbage. This one not any different.

probably got in when people were sync queing so they end up on the same team, it happens more often now, and when it does it pushes all the other players to the other side so you see teams of geared players vs often ungeared randoms just joining for the initial quest or the weekly.

5 hours ago, gaiachaos said:

It's controlled by gold sellers. They don't want you to get moonstones that easily and instead they are making you buy gold from them (they get the gold from gold farming slaves --- the ones you will most often see in SSP). If they ever see a nobody getting resources fairly easily, they will send the whales (frequent gold buyers) to slow you down.

MMORPGs have always been garbage. This one not any different.

Don't forget your alu-foil hat.

__

The point for the 6v6 matchmaking is that there needs to be one sort of non-equalized PvP (and come on, open world PvP doesn't exist, ever), or otherwise you could throw all PvP weapons, PvP Gems (which will come in future), PvP Baguas and Crit.Def. in the thrash. If you like PvP, you'd need 1v1 or 3v3 to be sufficent for you, or you need to actually play this game for a few weeks and get 900+ yourself.

Apart from that, when it's only about the weekly, I did the weekly quest (3 wins) with 5 twinks (all of them ~730 ap) in about 5 hours. I got a bit lucky sometimes, but overall it's usually like that. Perhaps 50/50 win/lose, since enemy teams also often have low geared players.

You couldn't change matchmaking to make a useful difference between gears, because of two points: First, if you believe it or not, skill was and is still enormously important in 6v6. If you have someone with better gear (e.g. raven) which is complete garbage in PvP, you still can kill him, not with 700 ap, but with halfway decent gear yourself. Second, it is way more than AP nowadays. It's about your skillpoints, crit def, bagua, weapon (raven doesn't give much ap but a huge damage boost) and so on. No matter how you do it, someone will always be screwed.

This mainly is a problem of low-silver / bronze anyway...

Just now, Leyren said:

Don't forget your alu-foil hat.

__

The point for the 6v6 matchmaking is that there needs to be one sort of non-equalized PvP (and come on, open world PvP doesn't exist, ever), or otherwise you could throw all PvP weapons, PvP Gems (which will come in future), PvP Baguas and Crit.Def. in the thrash. If you like PvP, you'd need 1v1 or 3v3 to be sufficent for you, or you need to actually play this game for a few weeks and get 900+ yourself.

Apart from that, when it's only about the weekly, I did the weekly quest (3 wins) with 5 twinks (all of them ~730 ap) in about 5 hours. I got a bit lucky sometimes, but overall it's usually like that. Perhaps 50/50 win/lose, since enemy teams also often have low geared players.

You couldn't change matchmaking to make a useful difference between gears, because of two points: First, if you believe it or not, skill was and is still enormously important in 6v6. If you have someone with better gear (e.g. raven) which is complete garbage in PvP, you still can kill him, not with 700 ap, but with halfway decent gear yourself. Second, it is way more than AP nowadays. It's about your skillpoints, crit def, bagua, weapon (raven doesn't give much ap but a huge damage boost) and so on. No matter how you do it, someone will always be screwed.

And last but not least.. I don't even know why I answer this, since your post isn't much about discussion or constructive criticism.

This mainly is a problem of low-silver / bronze anyway...

The matchmaking is based on the overall rank of the team (like  in every other game, even in mobas). I saw a destro yesterday max gear in bronze. Why would you want to complicate things in the matchmaking? Do you understand if they put one more criteria for it, the matchmaking time will jump a few times and from 2-3mins it will be 10-15 per match? Just because people refuse to play it because its not "gear equalized", this is why you have such discrepency in the power. And then, there are those people who just derank to get to lower ranks and farm the undergeared people. Why you no mad at them? Yesterday for an hour I made 50 moonstones (3 wins 2 losses). So is it profitable? Sure is. You need a lot of moonstones to upgrade things, thats your best choice. Play 6v6!

Archived