Chikki

Costume Design 2k17 need feedback

Chikki   

Ello people of the realm,

I've seen brave souls asking for feedback on their designs, so might as well so that I can do better next time ; v;/ Pls feel free to criticise to your hearts content.

UsbK8fE.jpg

Edited by Chikki

Yuina   

I really like your design Chikki!
I think the upper part (both the front and back) looks absolutely amazing and the hairstyle is so cute.
I'm not a fan of the stockings and I think it would have looked better with long white boots with black and golden details. (like the top)
I think the shoes for the male version need more white, they blend too much with the pants.

But overall I REALLY like your design. I love the combination of black, white and gold and it doesn't look like a crazy 'impossible' design either. I think it's weird you didn't get a place in the top. :(

Khaen   

This is a wonderful design! I'm also surprised it didn't acquire a place in the top. It really gives me a modern knight feel, which I absolutely love o/

Design-wise, I'm agreeing with Yuina. The costume feels a bit top heavy to me; if you step back and look at it, you might find that the white on top is unbalanced by the short length of the white on the shoes at the bottom. I feel like if you extend the design of the boots (male and female) to knee length, it might be a bit more balanced. Hope that makes sense :D 

SJ   

this should be the one, instead of those 11 topss

Miayu   

Pretty and elegant, not too over the top design and the color balance is really nice. Also has a nice male version of the costume, unlike many of the finalists. This would definitely be in the TOP 3 easily, I would've voted for this. It's a real shame it didn't make it to the finalist.  

Zuzu   

It looks exactly like Yunma Fei's outfit just Black and Gold rather than White/Green/Gold.

With a slightly different design on the back.

Beautiful design, not the kind of outfit that i would acquire for me but this for sure will be very popular, looks better than some of the 11 finalist

I think the design is fine, however I think whats lacking is the standout nature of it, as in does not have an interesting silhouette to stand out. What makes a lot of designs pop is the silhouette, not the amount of detail added onto it. I think all the elements in place are fine, but you have to push that silhouette out more, try to make the presentation better also, things must be clear and big, avoid making a fancy background effects and other stuff to distract from what you are trying to show.

Chikki   

Thank you everyone who pointed out faults in my design, also thanks everyone who likes it ;v;/ I see your points, they have been noted down and were acknowledged! I will do better next time. :)

It's very beautiful. It remember me my time playing Granado Espada in 2008... I really like this style.

well, it's really waaaay better than the most voted one.

I mean, Phantom Flower, really? Is this some kind of trolling?

Lucidly   

I actually really like it! It looks exactly like something I'd see in game. The only thing I'd suggest is making the skirt have a more interesting silhouette.