Golden Flower - Copied?

Lumiru

The guy is bringing up solid proofs and his point is actually a report, not something open to discussion. The author herself has admitted the said action, followed it with a weak apology and let it go. The problem here are those more royalist than the king himself ... instead of defending, they are causing even more awareness to the situation. Because all i see is some people blindly trying to argue without bringing up any valid argument, directly playing into raindeavour's hand. The design won't make it already, so it's not an earth-shattering decision for ncsoft to disqualify it or not.

Everything has already been clarified enough. Stop forcing this guy into more explanations, so the author herself can finally move on, if you care about her feelings or career so much.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

The design won't make it already, so it's not an earth-shattering decision for ncsoft to disqualify it or not.

Ah ?

Don't get it wrong, there is rewards for every finalist in top 11 and probably significant rewards for the top 5 or so.

"All the finalists will be receiving Hongmoon Coin and the exclusive community events costume, Kindred Soul."

Free hongmooncoin(a bit less than the winner probably) + kindred soul outfit for plagiarism even if she doesn't win.

/Kiss goodbye

With how long the thread has been going on, why has this entry not been disqualified yet? The artist already admitted their mistake. All the finalists get a prize even if they are not the ultimate winner, so to ignore this means that plagiarism is acceptable so long as you are not the final winner.

If NCWest doesn't actually take action, it'll set a bad precedent for future competitions.

It also undermines the efforts of the other finalists who had original designs and lost out on some votes because the community had faith that this artist had submitted an original design too.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:36 AM, YuriKat said:

I wasn't talking about the design in itself but just about the things that were directly traced or copied from other outfits not related to Alice in Wonderland.

The post above is showing an example.

It was shown here: 

It's exactly the same as this topic.

They allowed this to happen past year so it's happening again this time. If they do nothing about it, it will happen again next year.

It's funny because the only thing similar between the two costumes is that they are well drawn non-original ideas, even the ones you compare it too aren't original.

This costume isn't even winning (it's in 3rd place, could be 4th if more voted for divine beasts* which imo is better than this), like this may be similar to certain aspects of other ideas but so is Black Moon? The one people are crying about wanting? It's literally just Maritime Patrol with a recolored boss mode coat and Poh hair without the red scrunchies? Where's the witch hunt for that? Oh wait, right, there isn't one lol.

13 hours ago, Wataru said:

And another person wanted her account banned, too. If the costume was like Strictly Business like in todays daily special, nobody would say it was copied from anywhere.

Who said something about an account ban?? Ah, you did.

Serious... No one is claiming a banishing here. At the most, the staff's official statement about the matter and the disqualification of the submission.

But it's being really hard to see some ethic in the community. As were stated by someone before, those whom do not produce art neither are professionally involved with creation will never see a problem in plagiarism.

1 hour ago, XO said:

It's funny because the only thing similar between the two costumes is that they are well drawn non-original ideas, even the ones you compare it too aren't original.

This costume isn't even winning (it's in 3rd place, could be 4th if more voted for divine beasts* which imo is better than this), like this may be similar to certain aspects of other ideas but so is Black Moon? The one people are crying about wanting? It's literally just Maritime Patrol with a recolored boss mode coat and Poh hair without the red scrunchies? Where's the witch hunt for that? Oh wait, right, there isn't one lol.

I'm pretty confused about what you're saying about what I said...

When did I mention anything about the artists skills? When did I compare them to other outfits and what outfits are those I'm supposed to be comparing them to?

The only thing that I see wrong is the parts that are directly copied or traced, never mentioned anything else, nor the costume being unoriginal nor it being ugly (because I don't think so).

When did I participate in a witch hunt or started bashing the designs directly or the artists involved?

The answer to all those questions is never.

You're accusing the wrong person, I have no intention in joining any kind of shaming acts against anyone, not against the Golden Flower artist nor the BlackMoon. I just want NC to be more strict about their rules and stop this nonsense. I don't want it to happen again, that's all, so please don't put words in my mouth. Others opinions are not mine.

9 hours ago, YuriKat said:

I'm pretty confused about what you're saying about what I said...

When did I mention anything about the artists skills? When did I compare them to other outfits and what outfits are those I'm supposed to be comparing them to?

The only thing that I see wrong is the parts that are directly copied or traced, never mentioned anything else, nor the costume being unoriginal nor it being ugly (because I don't think so).

When did I participate in a witch hunt or started bashing the designs directly or the artists involved?

The answer to all those questions is never.

You're accusing the wrong person, I have no intention in joining any kind of shaming acts against anyone, not against the Golden Flower artist nor the BlackMoon. I just want NC to be more strict about their rules and stop this nonsense. I don't want it to happen again, that's all, so please don't put words in my mouth. Others opinions are not mine.

You take what I'm saying to you as a personal attack when I'm not lol. I'm not sure you even understand anything I'm trying to say so for the last time. 

This witch hunt all around is way too extreme for a costume that isn't winning.

5 hours ago, Kyrrua said:

The topic was ok until we reach the "who said what first" point...

Back to the main interest, will ncwest respect the rules & disqualify her or slack like they did for over contests ?

If they happen to disqualify her, I hope all those lost votes go into Blackmoon :)

P.S: Phantom flower looks ugly and the only way to redeem itself is to actually be changed in design when it gets implemented into the game.
Btw, they were supposed to draw a jin female and male, drawing a yun (male) because it suits your design could be considered as cheating.

12 hours ago, XO said:

You take what I'm saying to you as a personal attack when I'm not lol. I'm not sure you even understand anything I'm trying to say so for the last time. 

This witch hunt all around is way too extreme for a costume that isn't winning.

Nono, dw, I didn't take it as an attack.

I thought you were saying those things to me 'cause you replied to me and I took the "you" as in 2nd person singular instead of plural, hence the confusion. And yeah I understood what you said, it didn't make sense at first 'cause of the missinterpretation.

This threads always tend to go overboard. Informing is a thing, harassing is another :/

No need to keep the thread going because they clearly don't care which is why this thread went on for 5 pages with no official response. So for the next costume contest, everyone feel free to submit a design with parts of it if not the whole thing copied from someone else's artwork.

Archived