Golden Flower - Copied?

Lumiru

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what the point of making this topic? to create drama ? it's clearly not copied to begin with and i don't care about your Onmyotralala inspired thingy as long as i'll be able to wear a cool outfif on the game i play, Blade & soul....shame on you ! :p

I've made this thread because it isnt fair for the others Artist who dont used 3-4costumes from another game to make one Fusion Design of it. Bc there are like 3-4copied (100% identic) elements combined from these game Design outfit. I can go, take 3 charas, copy the best elements from it and make a Fusion. But is that fair against Artist who take their time to create something creative without copy others Element. Im up for using Inspiration and references. But not stealing elements to 100% and combine them.

It's like last years winning design - a mishmash of stolen ideas albeit not as on the face as last years.

Anyway, I won't be voting for that, I don't support such conduct.

Thread's like this are good at bringing awareness towards such conduct. Even more so this year with NCSoft West opening up the decision of who wins to the Blade & Soul player base. So unlike last year, "we" have the capacity to reward a design that deserves to be rewarded. Hopefully a design more entrenched in originality prevails at the end of the voting period this year.

If you check the reddit, there's an imgur link that shows all the different parts that the artist grabbed 'inspiration' from (as the artist herself has used the word 'inspired' and 'inspiration', I'll be using them in my post as well). Taking parts from other artworks and mashing them together to create your own art is called 'frankensteining', which is looked down upon in the art community. It is very different from being 'inspired'. There are simply way too many elements that are similar, and although people can argue 'oh but it's a kimono design! They're all more or less the same!' then why are Onmyoji, the Fate series, and even freelance artists able to come up with so many unique designs?

Honestly, the first image (that you can see right at the top) is already extremely damning, as there are signs of being copied everywhere. The collar has the same tricolour white-purple-yellow pattern, detached sleeves, the exact same kinds of knots under the collar and on the obi (plus minus a few changes), as well as the obi colour as well as overall theme colour. The other stuff that came up added on more to the case too. I mean really, look at how the female shoes are the exact same as Yuki Onna's.

What ppl maybe forget is that this is a contest. You can actually win smth. & this is just a fraud. Getting inspired - okay. But she took every single part of 'her' Design from an existing. Just taking the Obi or just taking a ribbon - fine. But not taking everything. & it is basically everything. the whole colour scheme + 99% of the Outfit.

Sure, she put effort in the drawing itself, but zero effort in the Design. & if that is okay, why dont we all just take 3-4 character Designs we like, put them together & use that for next years contest? As Lumiru said, it's not fair against other Artists who put real effort in it & did more than just copying other Designs

To be honest, I don't think the artist has to apologize, and I think it's disgusting that people continue to make threads like this criticizing people for wanting to see a design they liked- and thought others would like, in a game.

The fact of the matter is, none of the designs the artist gained inspiration from are even remotely original in and of themselves. There are other games, anime, and manga which use incredibly similar ones.

Saying it "isn't fair" To the other artists is ridiculous because it's incredibly EASY to point out where those artists gleaned their inspiration as well. I suggest you google the hell out of those too, because they are by far not original. Especially in the case of "Black moon" and "wolf". (As a matter of fact, I don't think black moon should have even been considered since we already have something VERY similar in the wardrobe. If anything I expected that one to be picked apart)

@Kurokazu I wanted the pony tail as well ;____; Maybe NCSoft will have pity like last year? :D

There was nothing copied. It just shows how toxic and malicious the Blade and Soul community is. They're willing to mess up someone's chance at winning for fun. It's really sad and I wish these people would seek help.

2 minutes ago, Wataru said:

There was nothing copied. It just shows how toxic and malicious the Blade and Soul community is. They're willing to mess up someone's chance at winning for fun. It's really sad and I wish these people would seek help.

How can you say there was nothing copied? Have you not seen the outfit and the ones it took the "ideas" from. It's fairly obvious that they copied a ton of things, changed it slightly and are now calling it their own. What the designer did is very frowned upon, and if it were to win a contest because it was "inspired" that heavily by something else would be a bad move.

If you had spent hours upon hours working on a great design only to have to lose to someone who basically copy and pasted parts from a different outfit and made minor changes, how would you feel? 

There are costumes just like/similar to the female one in both Mabinogi and Onigiri. Onigiri also has a ton of male costumes similar to this. Go look at any anime to find tons of things like this as well. Onmyoji's designs are NOT even remotely unique in the genere. They're actually very typical.

Seriously. Give it a rest. Tons of games have been inspired by similar designs.

There is no such thing as an original idea. Take any "original" idea and you will be able to, after some searching, find what the artist was inspired by. It isn't wrong, and I don't understand why there's such a trend lately for crapping on people for wanting to see something they liked somewhere else in a game.

Perhaps their purpose was not to be original but to see something they liked from somewhere else in this game.

1 minute ago, Wataru said:

You must also hate the source images that inspired the costume, as those are heavily inspired and copies.

Are you just going to say everything is heavily inspired, because there's no logic behind that at all. Plus you have no proof that is it heavily inspired either. Either way, the outfit has no real original content to it, the whole thing comes from that 1 mobile game, just slight different colors shades. It's not Cool to do that

Just now, DarkAngel72 said:

Are you just going to say everything is heavily inspired, because there's no logic behind that at all. Plus you have no proof that is it heavily inspired either. Either way, the outfit has no real original content to it, the whole thing comes from that 1 mobile game, just slight different colors shades. It's not Cool to do that

Seriously? Do you watch anime at all or play other eastern style games aside from this one? These designs are so common place. Just because a design comes from a game company or an official source does not mean it hasn't been inspired.

For instance, Blade and Soul's costumes for the gunner release? Yeah....those were heavily inspired. Every game company does it.

3 minutes ago, DarkAngel72 said:

Plus you have no proof that is it heavily inspired either. Either way, the outfit has no real original content to it, the whole thing comes from that 1 mobile game, just slight different colors shades.

I'm pretty sure the culture of Japan is older than a mobile game.

1 minute ago, Inugami said:

Seriously? Do you watch anime at all or play other eastern style games aside from this one? These designs are so common place. Just because a design comes from a game company or an official source does not mean it hasn't been inspired.

For instance, Blade and Soul's costumes for the gunner release? Yeah....those were heavily inspired. Every game company does it.

But Companies tend to make their own twist on the outfit, and make it original. Where that artist didn't care about originality and just copy and pasted different parts. There's a Big Difference between the two.

4 minutes ago, DarkAngel72 said:

But Companies tend to make their own twist on the outfit, and make it original.

You keep making the mistake that what's in the art that people keep saying was copied is original itself. The person wanted a specific style in the game.

Archived