Need comments on my outfit design

JoshMayer

I really like the concept itself and adore your drawing skills but I can't imagine it in Blade & Soul to be honest.

To me it lacks some martial arts influence. I can't really describe it better. In it's current form I could see it in some sci-fi games i.e. Deus Ex and the like.

Too generic.

Another modern-day outfit that makes females look slutty with half naked wear and males look boring with nothing special or original going on with their wear.

But that's just my opinion.

There is a lack of casual outfits to choose from so personally i really like it and would happily buy it for my character, although i would hope the shorts would be a little bit bigger for the female lyn is all.

A few things they favor in BnS costumes i've noticed is a slightly more oriental feel with tassels etc. you might try to include that into your theme next time.

Also even though it's more work and often they ignore the other outfits and only choose 1, you could try doing variations for the different races to suit thier race characteristics.

Really liked your work and good luck in the future.

Ty for all the comments. Yeah this actually took weeks to make the main reason is I try to ask a lot of people about their idea and adjust accordingly. A lot of my friends who play male chars saying they like it look cool and not too much accessories and stuff. And for the female version; in blade and soul I think showing off skin is pretty normal and I think it's look cute at the same time strong but I may not be able to communicate through art to a lot of people. People view art differently. 

Appreciate all comments.

10 hours ago, Raijin said:

I really like the concept itself and adore your drawing skills but I can't imagine it in Blade & Soul to be honest.

To me it lacks some martial arts influence. I can't really describe it better. In it's current form I could see it in some sci-fi games i.e. Deus Ex and the like.

Dunno what game your playing but if your talking about Blade & soul having outfifs with some martial arts influence, you came to the wrong place....i see no martial art influence in a bunny girl outfif, a nurse or a schoolgirl.

I think this outfif "JoshMayer" made fit perfectly the game, male version is good, the female one probably needed a skirt or a short, we see enough panties in this game, but the outfif is good i would have buy it 100% for sure and as it is, this outfif is perfect for summer...

In my opinion i think people in order to make their outfif look special they should try to create a sexy outfif that look badass, the perfect exemple is raven outfif, your not a schoolgirl or a nurse or some kind of [edited - PhoenixMitra] but you look badass.

To conclude like i saw in an other comment you did a great job JoshMayer but too bad we can't vote for you, that company who took every bad decision and released a lot of ugly outfifs still think they got better taste than us and already selected a dozen.

8 hours ago, ombremq said:

Dunno what game your playing but if your talking about Blade & soul having outfifs with some martial arts influence, you came to the wrong place....i see no martial art influence in a bunny girl outfif, a nurse or a schoolgirl.

I think this outfif "JoshMayer" made fit perfectly the game, male version is good, the female one probably needed a skirt or a short, we see enough panties in this game, but the outfif is good i would have buy it 100% for sure and as it is, this outfif is perfect for summer...

In my opinion i think people in order to make their outfif look special they should try to create a sexy outfif that look badass, the perfect exemple is raven outfif, your not a schoolgirl or a nurse or some kind of [edited - PhoenixMitra] but you look badass.

To conclude like i saw in an other comment you did a great job JoshMayer but too bad we can't vote for you, that company who took every bad decision and released a lot of ugly outfifs still think they got better taste than us and already selected a dozen.

Well... I'm with you in the sense that there are already too many non asian influenced and gimmicky outfits in the game. Therefore I'm glad for every single one that doesn't make the cut. Like this one here. I also think one of the picked outfits, Jiansei 2.0 is too futuristic. Oh well...

Anyways @JoshMayer still absolutely in love with the work and artstyle itself.

i like the girl design. she makes me think of a BDSM queen that is trying to tone it down a little,i don't know if that makes sense(perhaps its the blinds/shade). i was thinking more of badass but some people see it as slutty, but that depends on individual i guess. . i just don't like the hat. it makes me think of a rapper for some reason, even more so for the guy's design. baggy pants and bling bling. its a turn off for me.

It's an okish outfit.

The Bad: You're like many of the other designer's, making the female design look like a complete slut (AKA unoriginal in that way). There's only 2 colors in the design, Black and Gold. It's very bland and because of that it doesn't stick out to much. The outfit is mainly only tailored for 1 gender, And it's very obvious to tell that you put much less time into the Male outfit then you did the Female one. Hat's are never good thing to add because Lyn's look horrible in them due to the fact that they have ears. What About Lyns? Will they just have a tiny version on the Male and Female outfits, because I'm fairly sure that wouldn't look good at all on them.

The Good: The Basic Design of the outfit is not to bad, could use so smoothing out in some places. The hair style of the outfit isn't bad either, curious of how the Male hair would look though. The boots on the Female outfit were fairly well done, as well as the top of the outfit.

Improvement's you can make for next time: Add more color, more variation, make the outfit stick out! Don't just make 1 outfit, and loosely translate it into the other gender, make both gender's have a unique yet similar look and feel to them. Same idea goes with Lyn's, since they are much different then the other races in the game, having an outfit tailored for them will make other's understand your design even better as well as putting it above a lot of people who don't include that.

Hope this helps you understand what you can do next time to make an even better outfit that might even win next year! :D

I like the design, female model looks really sexy, the cap is not a problem, the baseball outfit have one and looks cool; now, about the male design, is not bad butas DarkAngel72 said, needs more work, maybe something in arms or hands, some kind of bracers or gloves, and maybe something more in the chest, a tattoo or a scar.

Archived