zerooo

costume contest

Recommended Posts

zerooo   

so  ...for real who are the hamsters that are in charge of picking these kind of stuff? ...all of them are just plain ugly .-. ! maybe 1 or 2 are quite good but the rest?  and the one that is currently winning "phantom Flower" is feminine  plain and simple for male characters , i for one never going to buy or even cross my mind to wear one of those :S.... next time put all the costume and let the players decide (i saw this on fb good suggestion tbh) your "experts" have some sort of bias towards feminine or half naked stuff again for females only ( im not against this at all but a nice change would be nice ..saw this on fb too xD) 

 

*end of the rant* 

have a nice day! :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plain and simple for male characters? as a male main, it's the only one i truly care about. unlike 2nd place (slowly catching up) golden flower, which is just a rushed secondary version on male, with no care or unique details. sure, phantom flower is feminine. but it isn't a bad, simplified, rushed version made after the female one. phantom flower on male actually has care, and unique details put into it. LSD-zulia is probably gonna win, despite the male version having no care put into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golden flower has been making a fast catch up to Phantom Flower, I think Phantom flower will look better on males in game than it does in the design since the design looks like that of a female's body. For golden Flower, i think people forgot that the clipping for the sleeves is gonna be bad, noone wears those long sleeve outfits anymore since they just flap around everywhere, also the fat ugly rope on the back is plain nasty. not sure what people are expecting of golden flower. Divine beast looks unique though and will be hoping that wins but seeing golden flower catch up and gaining lots of votes so fast, any other outfit would make me happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teijin   

golden flower is the way to go phantom flower is meh i mean i dont want to be a walking garden 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Teijin said:

golden flower is the way to go phantom flower is meh i mean i dont want to be a walking garden 

so instead you want to be a walking pile of flappy clothing flying through your body?? xD idk, this is a chance for the community to choose something unique and we're choosing something that we will all wear for a short while then no one will wear it ever again because of the clipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither of the top 2 are my favorite out of the bunch, but if I had to choose one of them I'm voting for golden flower over phantom.
I hate the look of veil in this game(it's kinda ok on SF outfit) and the lavender look just puts me off, but I really like the look of the more traditional stuff in the game; secret keeper and howl at the moon are some of my favorite things to wear.

Edited by Karurosuda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nala   

I liked both golden and phantom flower but the golden flower clipping will be terrible on yuns and gons. It might be a flying sleeve on gon because of their pose lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I think Confliction is by far the best looking of the finalists but I doubt it'll win so I put in a vote for phantom flower since I like it much better than golden flower

 

Also they need to pay attention to the accounts voting.  I suspect there are a few ppl making new fake accounts to go in an get extra votes.  A bunch of the voters accounts say that they joined right when they voted.

Edited by Dark Falz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khrisis   

Looks like Golden Flower is taking a bit too many ideas from the Chinese mobile game called Onmyoji. Someone posted this pic on Reddit earlier.

 

IKyBn78.jpg

Edited by Khrisis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pyuu   

I really want the phantom flower one to win. I absolutely hate how they handle big sleeves in this game. It clips SO bad. And I'm all in for a more traditional outfit, but I just dont like this one. All the different patterns and colors throw me off.

Khrisis, thank you very much for bringing this up. Lmao that's just ridiculous. Don't take all your 'inspiration' from one game come on . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naeza   
1 hour ago, Khrisis said:

Looks like Golden Flower is taking a bit too many ideas from the Chinese mobile game called Onmyoji. Someone posted this pic on Reddit earlier.

 

 

as long as it is not 100% copy, it is not wrong. inspired by other works is fine. that is how people sell stuff in real world. take a phone as example, all phones are the same, you can use to call or text,ect, but other companies would upgrade their own brand to suit people's taste. as long it is not 100% copy, should be fine. i even voted for it.

the phantom flower is really gorgeous on girls but was too gaudy on a guy's char.(if the person in the flowery hat is suppose to be a guy,i can't really tell) i like something that looks oriental (kimono/cheongsam) rather than...others.  my 2nd favorite would be blackmoon. looks classy on both genders.

really, i feel that guy's char in this game always get the short end of stick when it comes to fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ombremq   

Next time people should design a wannabe yura hairstyle to outplay Ncwest that gonna put it in a trove event...people not smart enough :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YuriKat   

I don't want any of the flowers I want divine beasts...

 

The flying crown thingy is pretty nice, with the lunar phases in the front and 2 (stars?) sparkles at the sides, it must be cool having that floating around your character's head.

The garment is majestic, so delicate but with those armor pieces making it look strong w/o taking any elegance away from it. I love hydrangeas, they are one of my favourite flowers and are adding a nice touch of colour and contrast.

The afterglow (hair extensions?) is something I'd love to have in game, "silky white hair with a cool glow at the edges".

 

Now the male. It looks badass it is not too elaborated nor too simplistic. He looks strong in it.

The hair is the opposite of the female, giving off that hot firey look.

The garment looks like something comfortable to wear with a pretty cool design, red contrasts and those fierce yet elegant details. I like the soft gradients as well. The gauntlet looks great.

I like the crown (circlet) as well even if it's not floating, gives him that divine look.

 

Yup, I really want that outfit.

 

Edited by YuriKat
Was hungry, ate a letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   
On 7/31/2017 at 5:21 PM, zerooo said:

so  ...for real who are the hamsters that are in charge of picking these kind of stuff? ...all of them are just plain ugly .-. ! maybe 1 or 2 are quite good but the rest?  and the one that is currently winning "phantom Flower" is feminine  plain and simple for male characters , i for one never going to buy or even cross my mind to wear one of those :S.... next time put all the costume and let the players decide (i saw this on fb good suggestion tbh) your "experts" have some sort of bias towards feminine or half naked stuff again for females only ( im not against this at all but a nice change would be nice ..saw this on fb too xD) 

 

*end of the rant* 

have a nice day! :3

There was a vote internally for this contest from numerous studios from all over. The top 11 voted were posted here for the fans to vote. Narrowing it down to 11 would have been a difficult task for myself personally, there were many great ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cyan said:

There was a vote internally for this contest from numerous studios from all over. The top 11 voted were posted here for the fans to vote. Narrowing it down to 11 would have been a difficult task for myself personally, there were many great ones.

What you guys should've done was a 2 Round voting:

 

Round 1:

-Post "ALL" submit (Reasonable) costume(s)

--By Reasonable it mean (No troll entry: such as, nudity, half finish, etc.)

-7 day voting period

-Top 10 highest up vote costumes move onto around 2 of voting

 

Round 2:

-Post top 10 from Round 1

-7 day voting period

-Highest up vote win 

 

This will give the community a chance to vote for the "best" looking costume

 

What you guys had done was "pick top 11 of what you think look good"

And to be honest 3/4 of the costume displayed look hideous

Save yourself from having to go through the trouble of selecting top 11 costume

 

Let the players do it.

 

(p.s.) There could've been "better looking" costume(s) that were not in your "top 11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Souba   

Good god, no matter what NCSoft chooses to do, you guys whine about it. The staff and designers of the game NEED to have some say in what goes into the game, due to potential clipping issues/other problems they see in the designs before hand. It shouldnt merely be in the hands of the players, did it ever occur to you that these contests arent just FOR YOU, but also for the company itself to have a little fun ?

 

if they left it up to you people we'd all be dressed in jeans and a t-shirt or some other boring crap. These designs are all actually very beautiful and creative.

 

Dear NCSoft- Please don't listen to the tiny minority whining on these forums. Not everyone thinks this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zerooo   
4 hours ago, Souba said:

Good god, no matter what NCSoft chooses to do, you guys whine about it. The staff and designers of the game NEED to have some say in what goes into the game, due to potential clipping issues/other problems they see in the designs before hand. It shouldnt merely be in the hands of the players, did it ever occur to you that these contests arent just FOR YOU, but also for the company itself to have a little fun ?

 

if they left it up to you people we'd all be dressed in jeans and a t-shirt or some other boring crap. These designs are all actually very beautiful and creative.

 

Dear NCSoft- Please don't listen to the tiny minority whining on these forums. Not everyone thinks this way.

the "minority" as you say are probably the ones that keeps the game alive me being one of them WE keep this game alive because of us...

 and not everyone thinks in that way? ....might wanna check some threads here and there  my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyrrua   

Honestly, theres golden flower which is a plain copy of another game. (plus we have 1 or 2 outfits in the game of the same genre)

and theres phantom flower which looks like at best an improvement of the lycan outfit.

 

At the end of the day, what matters is that im not gonna spend any coins on any of these selected costumes. I didn't liked the spirt of bamboo of last year either.

The ones already in the game by the korean team are much more interesting.

I appreciate the effort given by the artists tho, but again I'm sad there's still not a good (pre-selected?) foreign design this year.

See you in 1 year if the game is still alive.

Edited by Kyrrua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
6 hours ago, Kyrrua said:

I didn't liked the spirt of bamboo of last year either.

Spirit of bamboo was not last year's (think it was runners up for first year), last year was Alice. And none of the winners thus far have been buyable, Alice was free and regium corvus/nightluna was given through daily dash. One of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Souba said:

Good god, no matter what NCSoft chooses to do, you guys whine about it. The staff and designers of the game NEED to have some say in what goes into the game, due to potential clipping issues/other problems they see in the designs before hand. It shouldnt merely be in the hands of the players, did it ever occur to you that these contests arent just FOR YOU, but also for the company itself to have a little fun ?

 

if they left it up to you people we'd all be dressed in jeans and a t-shirt or some other boring crap. These designs are all actually very beautiful and creative.

 

Dear NCSoft- Please don't listen to the tiny minority whining on these forums. Not everyone thinks this way.

Staff doesn't take clipping or other graphical problems into consideration when picking outfits. If they did, let alone half of the designs in this vote-chart, there also wouldn't be outfits like shangri-la, colorful silks, red rose, tycoon, taskmaster, carnival ... so on.

I won't argue about how inaccurate this vote-chart is. I had 3 favorite designs and i am actually surprised one of them made it in. What didn't surprise me is the ranking atm. We will inevitably get something with so many extra adornments that are all over the place and will clip with everything around in addition to being overly asymmetrical ( To amplify their originality ? ) ... some free high quality fabrics, just like : xDZP5Oy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YuriKat   

I'm... completely disappointed. This votation is not a fair one.

Certain contestants asking people that doesn't play the game to vote for them and taking the decission away from the legit players hands. When it is us the ones that are gonna get the winner outfit. I'm upset... really upset and disappointed.

 

I just hope that this will not be an outfit we gotta pay for 'cause very few people would buy it and if you give it away for free then I hope it gives a decent amount of fabrics. Or maybe it gives us like 300 flowers of lament, who knows.

 

It seems that this time there's just nothing we can do about it to make it more fair, but next time maybe you could run the votation just like what you did with player's choice. Through an ingame survey for characters above level 16 maybe, you would make sure that, at least, the people that gets to vote tries your game out...

Edited by YuriKat
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Staff doesn't take clipping or other graphical problems into consideration when picking outfits. If they did, let alone half of the designs in this vote-chart, there also wouldn't be outfits like shangri-la, colorful silks, red rose, tycoon, taskmaster, carnival ... so on.

I won't argue about how inaccurate this vote-chart is. I had 3 favorite designs and i am actually surprised one of them made it in. What didn't surprise me is the ranking atm. We will inevitably get something with so many extra adornments that are all over the place and will clip with everything around in addition to being overly asymmetrical ( To amplify their originality ? ) ... some free high quality fabrics, just like : xDZP5Oy.jpg

You're mostly correct, althought I have to say female gons idle pose ruins like half of the outfits. That pose is just crap.

P.S: BLACKMOON BEST COSTUME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now