costume contest

zerooo

I would like to say... We lyns would like to be represented. Some of the costumes are cute but they tend to make a awful rendition for the lyns. Before we vote we would like to know what our version looks like. Also Maux if your looking congrats on into the woods that is one imaginative costume. Grandma kitty makes me giggle. Also for future. I bet its hard programing for devs but more outfit parts that can be worn with anything would make a lot of us happy. We like to be unique. :) pairing our own outfits is awesome.

18 hours ago, zerooo said:

the "minority" as you say are probably the ones that keeps the game alive me being one of them WE keep this game alive because of us...

and not everyone thinks in that way? ....might wanna check some threads here and there  my friend

Hi there "friend". Since I'm also one of the people "Keeping the game alive" I feel I should let you in on a little secret- you are still a minority. I check plenty of threads. It doesn't change the fact that I'd like NCsoft to know that toxic threads like yours don't represent how other PAYING or not paying players feel as a whole. Sometimes it needs to be said in order to get the message across to the company, given that people like you tend to be the loudest.

20 minutes ago, redring said:

Also for future. I bet its hard programing for devs but more outfit parts that can be worn with anything would make a lot of us happy. We like to be unique. :) pairing our own outfits is awesome.

This!! I can't stand the fact that the cloaks, over the shoulder jackets, etc. can't be worn with ANY outfit. I like to be able to mix things up to look different from others so having accessories that can be worn with all the outfits rather than the one it came with would be nice.

18 minutes ago, Souba said:

Hi there "friend". Since I'm also one of the people "Keeping the game alive" I feel I should let you in on a little secret- you are still a minority. I check plenty of threads. It doesn't change the fact that I'd like NCsoft to know that toxic threads like yours don't represent how other PAYING or not paying players feel as a whole. Sometimes it needs to be said in order to get the message across to the company, given that people like you tend to be the loudest.

Vocal players of a game is always a minority in a MMO community. Non-vocal players are either happily/bitterly playing the game without a complain, or just don't play the game in the first place.

While vocal players do not represent the thought of the whole community, they represent the active level of a game. A player makes a thread about something, giving people chance to engage in the conversation, create a small interaction between vocal players, attracting more non-vocal players (a.k.a forum lurkers, or those "I log in this account just to say this" guys) to turn into vocal ones, which makes it lively. If the forum is not active in some way, then it is either:

-All players are happy and don't complain anymore. Even big faces like WoW cannot achieve this level. Instead, their playerbase is very huge, thus creating a lot of vocal players, thus a lot of complaints.

-Players already give up about the game due to boring contents or unsupportive developers. You cannot know if they still play the game or already quit.

Vocal players let the developers of a game know what their players might want. For example, players complain about evolved stones, so they know there is this problem and is trying to resolve somehow. If the change happens (already happened in the case of evolved stones, though might not be enough), it is thanks to those "complainers" that make a fuss on the game's forum. Many other examples like HM skills becoming bound-to-account, legendary accessories' tokens... also comes from those "complainers"

So yeah, if any thing, let be happy that there are still players praise and complain about the game on the forum. Vocal players actually help you have a better gaming experience, while paying players keep the game alive.

+++

Back to the topic, I think it is better for players to determine which outfit they like the most by themselves, instead of voting already-hand-picked ones.

Make it like a tournament. Add a qualification round where all designs are voted for the best of their group. Then keep elimination until the last standing.

It doesn't matter who is voting, because all the costumes are good just to buy them and delete after. They do not have any imagination. I am playing this game just for outfits. 60% outfits and 40% gear and game play. If they will keep this game with those trash outfits, they will have to do a lot of server merge....

Have fun.

Archived