BG Clan smurfing

RashaGrey

Making BG guild at the moment is very difficult, because there are always smurf guilds at low rank and medium guild can't do anything against them. These guild smuf come from the top of the rank, and i think when the guild wars start, they leave their main guild and swap into another guild to do easy battle point. The solution is, put delay like 7 days  when a player goes to another guild for start BG guild so all the players can't face smurf players.

I hope you consider this post.

Yea it happens to my clan all the time. We are medium tier clan with decent gear and player, but we can do nothing but pray not to encounter these top tier superequipped players in smurf guilds. I recall once doing 8 matches out of ten with these fake guilds, resulting in 8 loss out of 10 and us loosing about 50 position in ranking

It would be so easy to solve this plague...Please GM make it happen

The solution which RashaGrey proposed is a perfect one: it would not solve the problem 100% but at least limit it for sure

The only way to stop this exploit is by linking the players to the guild. For example, in the clan battleground, player A earned 20k BP in clan #1. When player A quits the clan #1 and joins clan #2, player A will lose all 20k BP. If player A used all BP before leaving clan, player A will have negative value (-20k) on BP, which means player A has to earn another 20k BP (either by solo quene or new clan bg) to go back to the starting point.

This will be resetted during the end of each season so that the players can still quit the clan without losing their BP when their clan is dead or inactive. This length of time will be more than enough to stop the exploits.

My clan fought a clan with 2 people who had max soul, ravens 9s  and the rest were all ascendant 6s. Our rank is only 1350. We do 1 match a week just to keep the rating reward and fighting teams of 6 people with max gear (2 with MAX SOUL) is not fun, never mind we fought them TWICE in a row. I don't mind the challenge, though its not fun for the people in my clan who aren't anywhere near my gear. Also their clan name was Farming something or other, so definitely a clan made just to farm Battle Points.

There needs to be a rule where if you haven't been in your clan for over a week or 2 you can not do clan 6 v 6.

8 hours ago, kyochon said:

Experienced same thing multiple times as well. Its an obvious an exploit and causes grievance to players who want to experience a genuine clan battle. 

My clan is about to give up because of this. It's simply absurd and NCSoft should really look into the issue, since it would be easy to solve the exploit. 

@Cyan or some other moderator, could you please merge both threads about this subject? Thank you in advance.

So what you want to happen is, that 95% of the guild are not allowed to ever touch Clan 6v6, because only 6 people can do it at a time obviously?

What are the other 95% of the Clan doing if they also want to do Clan 6v6 for obviously mainly Battle Points since u get the highest amount there?

They are gonna create a new guild so they are also able to do Clan 6v6.

The main reason for those Clans are not to farm low geared people.

1. If you are top 10 of the ranking you search forever to find a game and dont really get anything going.

2. As mentioned enough above, more than 6 people per Clan want to do Clan 6v6, so the only other option is to create a new Clan and start farming there.

They need to make 6v6 clan battles eligible to members that are only in the clan for more than 1-2 weeks. Problem solved. Some problems are easy to fix, but NcSoft doesn't do anything. The only thing that they can do is to merge servers till only one will remain in the end (or even less).

Have fun.

21 hours ago, Raikiri0311 said:

So what you want to happen is, that 95% of the guild are not allowed to ever touch Clan 6v6, because only 6 people can do it at a time obviously?

What are the other 95% of the Clan doing if they also want to do Clan 6v6 for obviously mainly Battle Points since u get the highest amount there?

1. If you are top 10 of the ranking you search forever to find a game and dont really get anything going.

2. As mentioned enough above, more than 6 people per Clan want to do Clan 6v6, so the only other option is to create a new Clan and start farming there.

I am sorry, but I disagree. Players can be switched from battle to battle, so everyone in the clan that wants to participate in clan battle has the chance to do so. Farming battle points for yourself can be done during Frenzy times, which is what 95% of my clan does, since there you cannot premade a party with more than 2 players and there is more or less an equal chance of wining/losing and having a REAL fight. Only a stubborn 5% of my clan is willing to participate in clan battle, not to farm battle points, but to earn some weekly peach/experience bonus for the whole clan. Yet it's depressing to get one-shotted again and again by these low rank freshly made clans full of top Raven/Ascendant that have a blast rolling over everyone else without breaking a sweat.

• 2 months later...

Why does these players leave their main clan to create a smurf clan because it's clearly a 6v6 clan battle exploit to farm BPs and NCsoft is not doing anything about it.

I don't mind fighting them in 6v6 clan battle but it has to be their main clan.  Fighting the same set of players again but in a different clan is just pure garbage. 6v6 needs an overhaul.

NCsoft should penalize these players who are clearly exploiting the game. And There are many options to fix it like either they:
a) Clan needs to be high ranked to be able to join clan battle, but problem with this, it does not favor the not so whale/small clans.
b) If they leave the clan, they can't join clan battle for let's say 2 weeks or 3 weeks or a month? I don't know, just don't make it a week or less than a week as a penalty because clan battle is twice a week.
c) NO battle points is gained during clan battle.  Disable it since these whale smurf clans are doing it to farm BPs.

Clan battle today was horrible for us. We fought smurf after smurf clans. Think it was a total of 8 smurf clans. My clan was so exhausted and we just surrendered. It was sad because we just want the peach/exp bonus even if it just 15%

Clan battle needs an overhaul ASAP! And they should give a penalty to the clan and the players who abused and exploited the 6v6 battleground. Like don't give them their weekly or season rewards! 

2 hours ago, lollipalooza said:

Why does these players leave their main clan to create a smurf clan because it's clearly a 6v6 clan battle exploit to farm BPs and NCsoft is not doing anything about it.

I don't mind fighting them in 6v6 clan battle but it has to be their main clan.  Fighting the same set of players again but in a different clan is just pure garbage. 6v6 needs an overhaul.

NCsoft should penalize these players who are clearly exploiting the game. And There are many options to fix it like either they:
a) Clan needs to be high ranked to be able to join clan battle, but problem with this, it does not favor the not so whale/small clans.
b) If they leave the clan, they can't join clan battle for let's say 2 weeks or 3 weeks or a month? I don't know, just don't make it a week or less than a week as a penalty because clan battle is twice a week.
c) NO battle points is gained during clan battle.  Disable it since these whale smurf clans are doing it to farm BPs.

Clan battle today was horrible for us. We fought smurf after smurf clans. Think it was a total of 8 smurf clans. My clan was so exhausted and we just surrendered. It was sad because we just want the peach/exp bonus even if it just 15%

Clan battle needs an overhaul ASAP! And they should give a penalty to the clan and the players who abused and exploited the 6v6 battleground. Like don't give them their weekly or season rewards! 

I completely agree. And yes my clan gave up already on clan battles too, for exactly the same reasons. We realised that if we kept trying, we would simply end up seeing everything as pointless and quitting the game, . 

On 8/2/2017 at 7:41 AM, Raikiri0311 said:

It is funny that how the clan BG exploiters defend themselves. 

1. Your clan already reach top 10, which mean your clan will gain maximum benefits. What's the point of joining BG anymore? You know you can always join up 6v6 in solo or dual? Clan BG is for clan benefits, not for farming individual battleground points (this is the flaw of this clan battleground system, players should not gain individual battleground points in clan battleground system. They should have something called clan battleground points, which can be used to trade for crafting items, which directly goes into clan banks/crafting depots.).

2. If more than 6 people in the clan want to join battleground, they should join the battleground in solo or dual. You guys want to form your own team with OP gears in 6v6 just to farm battleground points easier? That's called exploits. There is a reason why they only make battleground either in solo or dual so that it tries to make the match balanced. Yes, sometimes the match is unbalanced, but it is more RNG to have a good team.

I want to see if GMs remove the individual battleground points earned from clan battleground, how many alt clans will be left in clan battleground matches? I would assume clan battleground will be dead 24/7.

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

It is funny that how the clan BG exploiters defend themselves. 

1. Your clan already reach top 10, which mean your clan will gain maximum benefits. What's the point of joining BG anymore? You know you can always join up 6v6 in solo or dual? Clan BG is for clan benefits, not for farming individual battleground points (this is the flaw of this clan battleground system, players should not gain individual battleground points in clan battleground system. They should have something called clan battleground points, which can be used to trade for crafting items, which directly goes into clan banks/crafting depots.).

2. If more than 6 people in the clan want to join battleground, they should join the battleground in solo or dual. You guys want to form your own team with OP gears in 6v6 just to farm battleground points easier? That's called exploits. There is a reason why they only make battleground either in solo or dual so that it tries to make the match balanced. Yes, sometimes the match is unbalanced, but it is more RNG to have a good team.

I want to see if GMs remove the individual battleground points earned from clan battleground, how many alt clans will be left in clan battleground matches? I would assume clan battleground will be dead 24/7.

^This.

And if GMs removed the individual battleground points from clan BG, clan warfare would finally be used for its original purpose by all the clans that gave up on it. 

Archived