Pve players don't know what a double stun is?

Dad

You'd think all that leveling doing raids or w/e last year pve peeps would know their own skills but no I guess everyone just looks at videos and copy others? Is that how it is now? Most of your skills stun twice if you don't know this then whats the whole point on raiding or having HM levels? This event is super easy, more easy than the mushroom event last year. Work as a team, when the time comes stun the boss, that simple. 

It's funny you know, pve peeps over hm8-13 i've always seem to get in my party love trash talking low levels/gear players but these peeps don't even know their own class skills.

Not only that but is it some sort of code when asking people if they know what to do to get angry or stay silent on a simple yes or no question? I don't mind telling people how to do this or that each time I join a raid but the need to get angry or just not talking at all then getting to the boss to die it is ridiculous.

I don't know why people trash talk when other players fail CC. It is fine to remind them to use specific CC when the times come, but trash talking is just a ruin to the party. It is like after you trash talk to someone, that person would listen to you and follow your instructions? LOL...

Trash talking = party destruction = remake party = wasting time. If same people fail to CC after 2-3 tries, it is better to quit and find another party. There is no need to trash talk. Leave the trash talk in your real life.

They should allow us to kick player with a vote kick or something , cause' even if you are nice with them it doesn't matter sometime they just don't give a f**k or they are just here to troll/taunt just for the LUL it's so funny to make people rage in a mmo .
Why should we leave ? Just make a damn kick button . People will abuse it ? well , many mmo got kick system and you can easily deal with it , or make your own party.

Trashtalking isn't the solution but when the angry level is too high to handle , at least you pass your nerve on this little guy who don't wanna help his team or do  something efficiant  :')

13 hours ago, HanaBanana said:

They should allow us to kick player with a vote kick or something , cause' even if you are nice with them it doesn't matter sometime they just don't give a f**k or they are just here to troll/taunt just for the LUL it's so funny to make people rage in a mmo .
Why should we leave ? Just make a damn kick button . People will abuse it ? well , many mmo got kick system and you can easily deal with it , or make your own party.

Trashtalking isn't the solution but when the angry level is too high to handle , at least you pass your nerve on this little guy who don't wanna help his team or do  something efficiant  :')

Have you ever considered that it's not what you are saying but 'how you are saying it' that is the problem? I've run through some dungeons with a team of new people,(to the dungeon) and as you patiently explain things they start to understand.

Not everyone gains 'mechanics clarity' on their first run, some times it might take a few turns and a few wipes, but it's worth it if you are making the player community as a whole more competent.

while you are running through the story line, nothing really explains the different types of CC(stun/daze,kd, airborne, etc) so yeah as soon as dungeons start actually needing you to work with others using specific powers it's a little bit of a learning curve. be nice to people, explain in some form of detail, be patient, praise when they do something right, and it'll all be fine.

well in my case son , i always plays around 140ms and is a huge difference .....sometimes i only have half of a second to react (seriously someday im going to record myself)  and honestly naaa im not doing that .....i know the types daze , stun , Etc , but the reaction time sometimes the game expect is nasty also add the boss is soooo "lucky" when im about to CC the sob....just send me right into oblivion is frustrating .... :(

15 hours ago, HanaBanana said:

They should allow us to kick player with a vote kick or something 

this is a bad idea  i know theres Afk and such and boooooy i really hate he afk ppl, but if a player doesnt get along with a group of friends they kick him , now the big downside i see with this (i already been in a game with this mechanic)  lets set an example :

1-group of friends running end game dungeon 4 friends and 1 random(5man)

2-this group knows already they cant beat the boss but they know  they need just  1 extra dps  

5-at the end before the boss die they manage to kick the player (the boss is still alive)

6-win! loot and stuff for the group

in another game with  the same system i witnessed this kind of act , i wasn't there but there was a video on that...if i can find it ill post it here...

probably this example was a bit out of the road , but IT could happen with a kick-voting system 

Just a little note for you PVE Quitality who leave if the party doesn't stun the boss on the very start.

YOUR BUFF IS STILL ACTIVE! If you get hit by a tornado that's the only time you lose the buff!

Just keep attacking that's all you need to worry about!

I noticed what the problem is.

It seems that for some reason, the first two times that you're supposed to CC the boss, the CC bars remain white.

Someone in my party said that neither of us stunned the boss, but I was pretty sure that I used my stun as soon as I saw the opener so I told them and they said that I didn't stun the first two times... then I realized that it was true, the text showed up twice before, but the CC bars never changed from white so I didn't use my CCs, obviously.

4 hours ago, YuriKat said:

I noticed what the problem is.

It seems that for some reason, the first two times that you're supposed to CC the boss, the CC bars remain white.

Someone in my party said that neither of us stunned the boss, but I was pretty sure that I used my stun as soon as I saw the opener so I told them and they said that I didn't stun the first two times... then I realized that it was true, the text showed up twice before, but the CC bars never changed from white so I didn't use my CCs, obviously.

It seems the first time is when the tornados shows up. 

After that, whenever you get the msg, cc should be available. 

So first time is just to summon the tornados.

I say again, people just copy what others do and not think on their own. HM 11 and 12 warlocks spamming SB and not stunning the boss little do they know thrall stuns twice.

But it's ok to blame everyone else tho.

Just like there are different kinds of people in the world, there are different gamers in games too.

If you see someone fail or does not understand his skill set, there are a few options you can apply:

1. Criticise him, insult him, humiliate and rant to the world. 

2. Teach and guide him and earn the respect from him that you are sharing your knowledge with him (which obviously means you are more knowledgeable and different from option 1)

If he doesn't know, he doesn't know. I guess thats the point. 

Good luck to all. Have fun or get frustrated is an option :)

19 hours ago, Dad said:

I say again, people just copy what others do and not think on their own. HM 11 and 12 warlocks spamming SB and not stunning the boss little do they know thrall stuns twice.

But it's ok to blame everyone else tho.

Relative to other joint-cc's, I wouldn't say thrall is the most reliable, given it carries double duty as a team buff, has to be summoned, not stuck in animation and has downtime + CD.

Personally, aside from possibly not knowing, I wouldn't call it the primary issue, either. If you're running with a typical group of six, and select your stun skill (x), that still leaves five other people to handle the remaining 3 stuns. There's little reason why five people, some with more reliable single-click joint-cc, can't produce 3 stuns.

So in the end, if the team is failing, it's a communication issue. This dungeon is pretty forgiving, even if you miss the cc.

On 29/7/2017 at 11:37 PM, iritsuchan said:

It seems the first time is when the tornados shows up. 

After that, whenever you get the msg, cc should be available. 

So first time is just to summon the tornados.

Then I don't understand why that person told me that, I was paying close attention to the bars and also the sounds.

It doesn't make sense anymore lol

Gotta watch some videos to see if I can figure out what happened.

If there are two WLs in a party one can use their thrall to stun though, I do that with my WL alt whenever that happens. If it's just me, then I don't.

Well, I'm a Warlock and I'm HM10. 

And to be true, there is a lot I still don't know. For example, last week while doing Ebondrake Citadel, I was "repreended" for not doing mech on boss! Even though the boss marked me I didn't gathered in front of boss, why? Because, despite reading guides (Blade and Soul Academy is my favourite), despite watching several videos, this has been my third or forth try in the dungeon. Well, you may say, "if you've done it 3 or 4 times, if you have seen the videos, you should already know the mech..." this could be true if in every runs the mech was done. But I tend to see plenty runs without any mech being made, so the learning curve is bigger, if no one is doing the mech I can't really learn the mech, and by the videoguides on youtube, to see is not the same as living it, till this day, on DT I still haven't seen the electric balls we are supposed to grab and take to boss. 

But I think the guys were right by complaining about my performance in EC, I do. I just think people could be frontal and talk. Instead of imediate bash!!! I've seen so much bashing in this game! (luckily not all directed at me), it seems people are playing just looking for a bash opportunity. In the end of the run, I've asked one of the people that complained, what should I've done and when, no reply back! 

About this current event, Everyone keeps shouting "CC Boss". 

I have 2 Stun skills, 1 from Thrall and 1 from Quell. I have to be honest, I usually use only the first stun from Thrall, but I've always thought SB time would bring more advantages than to have Thrall spawned for 30 sec just for a second Stun! 

And really, is it really WL fault for the lack of CC the boss? with 6 party members, will it have to be WL to stun alone?

Some of us are just casual players, not able to play 24/7 like some guys here seem to do, so the learning curve is different, even though we are able to reach HM10 it takes us far more time than hardcore players, I tend to play mostly solo so I won't become a burden to anyone, but to continue evolving I am forced to party up. I've just started partying up from E. Fleet Suply Chain and Blackram Supply Chain, previous to those dungeons only solo and duo with my brother. I'm always trying to learn, and like me I bet there are plenty of us that would be glad to "do things right" but there needs to be someone willing to teach.

@Otaner Don't take that to heart. As you said, some people just want to bash others to feel better about themselves, to feel superior or to show off.

If they had the time to criticize you or were so concerned about you not doing the mech and knew that well what to do they could have as well used that time to explain it to you. They're part of the problem in these cases, they point out the problems but offer no solution even when they supposedly know it and you don't.

Your X can stun too, that's what I use when I'm not using thrall's stun, it's not a double but it's better than nothing.

I also think that SB is better than that second stun.

No, it's definitely not the WLs fault, every class in the game has at least one stun. All it takes is 4, 3 or 2 out of 6 people using a stun... It doesn't make sense to blame just one person in the party.

I'm in the same situation and feel the same way. I'm a casual player that plays solo most of the time but I'm recently starting to party up and do the content I can't solo... You will not do it perfectly the first times but don't be afraid to make mistakes, you'll learn from them better than from videos or guides.

12 hours ago, Otaner said:

Well, I'm a Warlock and I'm HM10. 

And to be true, there is a lot I still don't know. For example, last week while doing Ebondrake Citadel, I was "repreended" for not doing mech on boss! Even though the boss marked me I didn't gathered in front of boss, why? Because, despite reading guides (Blade and Soul Academy is my favourite), despite watching several videos, this has been my third or forth try in the dungeon. Well, you may say, "if you've done it 3 or 4 times, if you have seen the videos, you should already know the mech..." this could be true if in every runs the mech was done. But I tend to see plenty runs without any mech being made, so the learning curve is bigger, if no one is doing the mech I can't really learn the mech, and by the videoguides on youtube, to see is not the same as living it, till this day, on DT I still haven't seen the electric balls we are supposed to grab and take to boss. 

But I think the guys were right by complaining about my performance in EC, I do. I just think people could be frontal and talk. Instead of imediate bash!!! I've seen so much bashing in this game! (luckily not all directed at me), it seems people are playing just looking for a bash opportunity. In the end of the run, I've asked one of the people that complained, what should I've done and when, no reply back! 

About this current event, Everyone keeps shouting "CC Boss". 

I have 2 Stun skills, 1 from Thrall and 1 from Quell. I have to be honest, I usually use only the first stun from Thrall, but I've always thought SB time would bring more advantages than to have Thrall spawned for 30 sec just for a second Stun! 

And really, is it really WL fault for the lack of CC the boss? with 6 party members, will it have to be WL to stun alone?

Some of us are just casual players, not able to play 24/7 like some guys here seem to do, so the learning curve is different, even though we are able to reach HM10 it takes us far more time than hardcore players, I tend to play mostly solo so I won't become a burden to anyone, but to continue evolving I am forced to party up. I've just started partying up from E. Fleet Suply Chain and Blackram Supply Chain, previous to those dungeons only solo and duo with my brother. I'm always trying to learn, and like me I bet there are plenty of us that would be glad to "do things right" but there needs to be someone willing to teach.

@Otaner

You have another option, your skill key ( X ), check the skill setting window, it can spec for knock down, daze or stun. So there you go another stun.

Warlocks do have CC's here and there, just that we do not have a Double CC which is what most people in dungeons have. Those who don't play warlocks will never understand our frustration in terms of long cool down ( Z ) iframe, and (S+S) being the only other available iframe skill. button ( C ) sanctum skill is totally useless, as almost every ad(mob) or boss knocks back, and in sanctum skill, there is no immune to knock back. so making it useless in PVE dungeons.

A suggestion is find a clan with Discord Voice Channel. In my clan, all new members are given the discord channel to join, this is so that when they enter dungeons for the first time, we have veteran members on voice to guide them on what to do on the spot. They learn it easily by listening and acting on command and with time, they catch the gist of it.

So i wish you luck as a fellow warlock surviving in misery of lack of iframes and double cc with a useless sanctum skill.

Archived