i5-3570 vs i7-2600k

Dominator

How you think for this game and for other. change my i5-3570 non k OC 4ghx (max) to 2600k ?

my mb MSI Z77a-g43 + 16gb ram ddr3 1600

i see a 3770k is about 230$+ used but 2600k is 140$ , if take and oc to 4.2 for start will be some performance on all + this slow game (exemple more fps on BT).

Tell what you think

2 hours ago, amokk said:

You need high single core performance, not 128973 cores. 

Whatever has more GHz will give you more FPS.

i know this, but in fact withoud OC is identic 3.4-3.8 standard and Tboost, but 3570 have better single core performance about 5-15%, now i think if take my 3570 4ghz and change to 2600k up to 4.2-4.5 ghz will see performance or not =/

Changing from i5-3570 to 2600k wont give u much fps increase even if u overclock it the difference its not that big bns also dont like hyper-threading eather on i7 disabling HT actually increases fps and if u gonna spent money on cpu with ht just to turn it off its a big waste of money u will be better getting an SSD if u dont have one or better gpu.
Regards

9 minutes ago, Vyary said:

Changing from i5-3570 to 2600k wont give u much fps increase even if u overclock it the difference its not that big bns also dont like hyper-threading eather on i7 disabling HT actually increases fps and if u gonna spent money on cpu with ht just to turn it off its a big waste of money u will be better getting an SSD if u dont have one or better gpu.
Regards

SSD does not increase FPS, Only Loading Times.

GPU is important but not as important as better CPU,
BnS is CPU intensive. 

While CPU for me going 85-95% Active While BnS is running, GPU barely goes past 10%

Don't mind about zillion GB of RAM... you want a faster RAM bus speed and a faster single core. I already ordered a i5 7600, but I have only 8GB DDR4. Textures consumes RAM , and BnS don't have heavy textures. You don't want more capacity or cores. You want speed. Focus on mhz and don't waste your money on a k if u can have a faster CPU for less.

I dont know there where you live, but here, that K in the end of name costs too much to worth the shot.

On 7/29/2017 at 0:58 AM, SayhaSeer said:

SSD does not increase FPS, Only Loading Times.

GPU is important but not as important as better CPU,
BnS is CPU intensive. 

While CPU for me going 85-95% Active While BnS is running, GPU barely goes past 10%

Thats all true but ssd is game changer u will wait so much less and about the gpu its not only about bns if he decides to play something else the gpu will be better choice overall also max your setting in game and your gpu will be on 80%+ and he have i5-3570 this cpu boosts to 3.8ghz he want to swap it for cpu that he will OC to 4ghz the difference is way too low its pointless.

On 7/29/2017 at 0:35 AM, Vyary said:

Regards

Windows Version        Microsoft Windows 10
    CPU            Intel(R) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.4 OC = 4GHz OC (22 nm LGA1155)
    Motherbord        MSI Z77A-G43
    Memory    DDR3        Kingston HyperX Fury 16Gb (2x8GB) 10-10-10-30    
    Memory            SSD Kingston HyperX Savage 240Gb + Samsung HDD 750Gb
    VGA            EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SC
    Case            DeepCool KENDOMEN TI
    Monitor            AOC I2473PWM
    HeadSet         Somic G941 (USB) Gaming Virtual 7.1
    Mause            A4Tech Bloody V3M
    Keyboard        Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z RGB

First the best way to improve your in game performance is your GPU and ram your GPU (video card) has more to do with game performance than your core will ever have honestly any decent chip with 4 cores (Quad) is good enough if you want better performance upgrade your video card.

COUGAR Panzer Max Black ATX Full Tower

Window 7 64x

Asrock z97 killer

Intel Core i5-4590s (3.298 MHZ)

Cooler Master V8 GTS

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB ddr3

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 EXTREME-6GD 6GB

AULA Wings of Liberty Mechanical Keyboard

I run on max settings my only issue is lag and thats a server side issue.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:21 AM, amokk said:

You need high single core performance, not 128973 cores. 

Whatever has more GHz will give you more FPS.

That's not a good indicator of performance. If we went by that than all the AMD processors would be better than Intel. Use valid and studied sources like when comparing CPUs: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-2600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570

1 hour ago, Eckogen said:

That's not a good indicator of performance. If we went by that than all the AMD processors would be better than Intel. Use valid and studied sources like when comparing CPUs: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-2600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570

It is, if we're talking about Intel and their CPUs so close in generations - which was the case here.

3 hours ago, amokk said:

It is, if we're talking about Intel and their CPUs so close in generations - which was the case here.

These both have the same base clock and turbo clocks. The i7 2600k has slightly more L3 cache and since it's a K series it's unlocked. 

On 01/08/2017 at 0:29 AM, Vyary said:

Thats all true but ssd is game changer u will wait so much less and about the gpu its not only about bns if he decides to play something else the gpu will be better choice overall also max your setting in game and your gpu will be on 80%+ and he have i5-3570 this cpu boosts to 3.8ghz he want to swap it for cpu that he will OC to 4ghz the difference is way too low its pointless.

I play on Max Settings. Only not 24man raids. But Yes 3.8ghz to 4ghz is barely any difference. and not really worth the upgrade. SSD is a must especially in MMOs but also a nice upgrade for overall pc working. 

I would recommend

G.Skill Phoenix Blade Series 480GB PCIe SSD - Although its pricy It's worth the invesment in long run 

But even  cheaper products like Samsung Evo 850 or so would do wonders compared to HHD and improvement would be highly noticable. 

On 8/1/2017 at 3:09 PM, Kidflash112 said:

First the best way to improve your in game performance is your GPU and ram your GPU (video card) has more to do with game performance than your core will ever have honestly any decent chip with 4 cores (Quad) is good enough if you want better performance upgrade your video card.

COUGAR Panzer Max Black ATX Full Tower

Window 7 64x

Asrock z97 killer

Intel Core i5-4590s (3.298 MHZ)

Cooler Master V8 GTS

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB ddr3

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 EXTREME-6GD 6GB

AULA Wings of Liberty Mechanical Keyboard

I run on max settings my only issue is lag and thats a server side issue.

hmmm gpu upgrade really 970 in some games is faster as 1060, faster of 970 is only 1070 from new and 980 from old, is just 1 gen, this game dont use a powered gpu only CPU, all problem is on cpu

--------- now i have problem and think , some people tell the hyper trading game don't like, and about oc 3570 3.4-3.8 to 4ghz is low, is not is all cores 4ghz not only 1 3.8 as turbo bust work only on 1 core with max, ok then, but 2600k i read have lower single core performance, and i don't know why may be TBoost, but if disable and up to 4.2-4.5 2600k in fact and theory need to be performance, i see people with 7700k on standard without OC , play very well on BT, and i see last month bt fps is lower think is windows 10 update problem, friend with 2500 3.4 in bt have 33-45fps win 7 on same party but i with 3570 4ghz oc win 10 21-35, but before June have to a good fps, think Microsoft doing special to change platform

16 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Between those two the i7 should win on the same clock, due to having more L3 cache.

i think to about this, but is some problem what i don't understand
1) i5 3570 have better single core performance vs 2600k

2) cpu support ram is 1333 on 2600k vs 1600MHz 3570, (i know is work but i dont know how will change loading because cpu don't read more as 1333)
3) 95w vs 77w, know in iwy we have only thermal grase but my have 3years and still is cold

1 hour ago, Dominator said:

now i have other option is to not change to 2600k and oc to 4.5ghz but to change to ryzen 1600x hmmm =/

If you use your PC for other things too Ryzen is a good option. Its very good for gaming, BUT intels i5 7600k will probably outperform it for most games by a few fps. However the i5 has 4 cores and thats it. For only slightly more you get a 6 core with basically amds take on hyper threading so 12 threads. It also has more pcie lanes (witch might matter if you add like soudcards, pcie ssds, grafics cards and what not to your pc). Ryzen has 24 pcie lanes and the i5 only 16. The 1600x should easiely outperform the 2600k and 3570k in gaming however, because of the pretty good ipc and better overclockability on the 7600k it mostly is 'better' in games that cant utilize more than 4 cores. I write that in exclamation marks as the story changes if you decide to stream or record or do whatever else considered multitasking while gaming. In productivity however ryzen whipes the floor with the i5.

On 8/5/2017 at 4:27 PM, Dominator said:

now i have other option is to not change to 2600k and oc to 4.5ghz but to change to ryzen 1600x hmmm =/

Take the Ryzen. It's OP as hell. If you manage to weasel your way around windows core affinity for applications, you should get pretty OP performance in MMOs. When you assign the game to run only on cores from the same Ryzen module, ignoring the infinity fabric connection between the dies, you end up with a more or less classic data handling. And if you assign only one thread per core to the game, you end up with 2 full cores on 2 threads, which is the ideal scenario for the game. Couple that with the "overclock two cores to a LOT" option that the Ryzen platform provides and you can blast an IPC and performance that overshadows most things Intel has to offer. The only thing I don't know currently is how good is AMD's L1/L2/L3 cache in terms of accuracy and switching latency, so that's something I can't factor in when we talk about speed.

Archived