Raid size should be selectable between 12 and 24 instead of getting rid of 24 all together..

Glavos

In response of the recent NCSoft post about getting rid of 24 man raids entirely I have to ask, "Why?"

Why not make the total raid size selectable between 12 or 24 like how 4 man dungeons used to work? This way static raid groups that actually enjoy having 24 people in a raid can still do so.  

1 hour ago, NinjaKatz said:

yes, i love all my goofballs in one raid T^T Why even merge the server then... they said they're merging the server cus ppl cant find raids groups.. but then they go ahead and nerf 24 m raids.. ugh

The benefits for going 12 man outweighs 24 man by a lot.

2 hours ago, NinjaKatz said:

yes, i love all my goofballs in one raid T^T Why even merge the server then... they said they're merging the server cus ppl cant find raids groups.. but then they go ahead and nerf 24 m raids.. ugh

If their primary goal is accessibility, both the server merge and headcount reduction make sense. I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive.

Personally, I think this change will increase the chance of an active clans potential to run the raid, without having to rely on alliances with others. It's categorically easier to coordinate and assemble 12 people vs 24.

34 minutes ago, KurooSakura said:

Less people crashing, less waiting on people who crashed, more gold from bid, more fps, its the best update everrrrrr

fak dat lol I'll do 12man with no bidding it's better to gear up people to make runs faster than make them pay what the gold could be used to upgrade faster and benefit the 12man raid u.u

I'm saying it should be selectable between 12 and 24 rather than getting rid of 24man raid. Now we have to separate our friends into 2 different groups instead of all playing together.  It should be OUR choice not NCSoft's.

Besides I'd hardly call 12man a raid, that's just 2 parties. Raids should be massive, they should be hard, and there should be failure. A game that's too easy and only requires mindless grinding is boring. Dumbing down the mechs further and decreasing the people is going to make the game more boring.

1 hour ago, Glavos said:

I'm saying it should be selectable between 12 and 24 rather than getting rid of 24man raid. Now we have to separate our friends into 2 different groups instead of all playing together.  It should be OUR choice not NCSoft's.

Besides I'd hardly call 12man a raid, that's just 2 parties. Raids should be massive, they should be hard, and there should be failure. A game that's too easy and only requires mindless grinding is boring. Dumbing down the mechs further and decreasing the people is going to make the game more boring.

I agree with you, having the choice between 12 and 24 man would benefit everyone's needs. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything we can do about this change. We're supposed to be following Korea's model, so it's not surprising we also got this change as well. Unless they get the option to choose between 12 and 24 man, I don't see us getting it in the foreseeable future.

Too late, just announcing the reduction in raid sizes has started the death knell for the game. Clan just kicked everyone that was gearing up to raid so only their top elites that breeze through BT are left.  Months of grinding to gear up and research to learn raids for nothing.  Good thing that NCSoft's NCoin limit bug has kept me from buying NCoin for over 2 months so I only wasted premium subscription cost.  That's been canceled too.

Its no "OUR" choice, we are not the game developers here, we just play it and make suggestions. This particular change of the raid size wasnt made because of fps or carrying out the noobs, that already was in place with the BT nerf early this year. The sole reason for the raid size change was because of the availability of people in KR (you know, the work all day long and they cant play during the week most of the time, so they have to organize the groups in the weekend and its hard for that aswell). We do not need such a change because we can raid during the week aswell, nothing big. Lowering the raid size wount get you 120fps, in best case it will just add 5-10 :D

On 2017/8/3 at 0:21 AM, NightFer said:

Its no "OUR" choice, we are not the game developers here, we just play it and make suggestions. This particular change of the raid size wasnt made because of fps or carrying out the noobs, that already was in place with the BT nerf early this year. The sole reason for the raid size change was because of the availability of people in KR (you know, the work all day long and they cant play during the week most of the time, so they have to organize the groups in the weekend and its hard for that aswell). We do not need such a change because we can raid during the week aswell, nothing big. Lowering the raid size wount get you 120fps, in best case it will just add 5-10 :D

hmmm....sounds like most of players in NA don't need to work in real life, wat a joke :)
Are you sure NA or EU have enough players? If so, why they have to merge server? 
TBH your statement doesn't make any sense.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:21 AM, NightFer said:

You misunderstand my point. I'm saying it should be a selection for the raid leader to choose between 12 man and 24 man I'm not saying we are all on the design team, although sometimes I feel like I should be.

Most of my guild works or goes to school and we still do fine with raids as many other guilds do some running multiple ones a week for alts. Most of us have jobs or are in school this isn't the problem.

My main issue is that were are following the update path of other, smaller, regions that don't line up with the NA server's playerbase which isn't region locked. Meanwhile the team can't even fix simple bugs, like the bug that gets you stuck in combat.

Archived