[Update] Raid Sizes in Dark Origins

Youmukon

• NCSOFT

Hello!

With the release of Dark Origins mid-August we'll be changing all raid sizes to be 12-players. This includes the new raids coming with the update, as well as all previous raids. 24-player versions will no longer be available, so please take this time to ensure your teams are ready to tackle both new and old content post-patch.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT

Hey all, the timeline we previously announced for max 12-player raid group limits coming in the Dark Origins content was incorrect. On August 16, when Dark Origins launches, all raids will continue to be 24-member, and the change to 12-member will happen in the subsequent content update—which is currently slated for late Summer/early Fall. We’re expecting to announce that update a few weeks before it releases, providing ample time to prepare your new teams for the size reduction.

Our intention to provide an early heads up turned out to be a bit too early, and we apologize for the error and any inconvenience to your raid teams.

In addition, a few of you have been asking about the Skybreak Spire difficulty level, and we can confirm we’re lowering the difficulty of it with the Dark Origins update as well. Be sure to get your hard-mode raids in before then.

• Hime unlocked this topic

This going to be more mess if people make groups for vt 24 members and then 2-4 week later they need to arrange the whole raid for 12 members. To be honest I think I prefer the raid to delay a little bit more so people are more prepared for 12 menbers . Or release 12 members for BT first and then release VT after 2 weeks of 12 members BT.

29 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hey all, the timeline we previously announced for max 12-player raid group limits coming in the Dark Origins content was incorrect. On August 16, when Dark Origins launches, all raids will continue to be 24-member, and the change to 12-member will happen in the subsequent content update—which is currently slated for late Summer/early Fall. We’re expecting to announce that update a few weeks before it releases, providing ample time to prepare your new teams for the size reduction.

Our intention to provide an early heads up turned out to be a bit too early, and we apologize for the error and any inconvenience to your raid teams.

In addition, a few of you have been asking about the Skybreak Spire difficulty level, and we can confirm we’re lowering the difficulty of it with the Dark Origins update as well. Be sure to get your hard-mode raids in before then.

This doesnt makes sense at all.. I mean... ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
You know how bad "designed" your whole plan is, right? 
We already build up a 12-Man Raid-Team, now we have to get 12 More PPL on our team, just too "remove" them afterwards. 
You should keep your word. This is ridicoulus. (AGAIN) 

I don't even know why I'm still playing tbh. I'm sick of it.

This mistake was the last straw. You don't give false information, get everyone hyped/working towards that information and then turn it around when you will indeed give 12 man. There is NO reason to not give 12 man. I'm fed up with this treatment of your playerbase. How many will quit the game as a result of this, yet another push over by ncwest?

I'm assuming here Dark Origins includes both the 'easy raid' similar to DKV and more importantly Vortex Temple aka Julia raid.

You really, really should push the 12 player raids to the same day as Dark Origins launch, or alternatively slightly delay Dark Origins. I'm sure everyone can live with a few more weeks of Black Temple, even if they're sick of it already.
Having to assemble 24 player raid group only to split it in half shortly after makes little to no sense. It's also likely that in most cases the split will be anything but smooth, if even possible.

The 24-player raid at the start just doesnt make sense, especially not after announcing 12-player raid a day before.

Imagine you had put a group of 12 people together from maybe a few different clan. You organised stuff, you started discussing stuff and already took a few days off so you could go hard in Vortex Temple.

Now we suddenly get 24-player raids back, so you either have to find 12 other people for the time being or maybe your own clan will need you because they also only planned for 12 people. Availability of the other group may not fit your days off or whatever you have planned, so stuff gets messy.

Worst thing though is loot that you may get in the 24man raid. If you may wanted to use DKP, you're pretty much done for, because how are you gonna split those DKP after you break the 24player raid back into a 12player raid. Or imagine you make bids on stuff, and only people of one half of 12player raid get access to the loot (through rolls, or bids or whatever) so they are now on the better side.

This pretty is pretty much a hot potato that can cause a lot of drama and trouble, whichever way you may look at it.

Please NCSoft & BNS team think this change over, I hope there's a chance that we get 12player raids right from the start.

This is just another level of ncwest incompetence.

Since you receive patches from kr developers directly then they must have told you the upcoming patch notes. So the question is if theres communication barriers btw ncwest and kr devs? How can you get the wrong information so grossly. Doesnt ncwest double check the information that you receive from the developers? are you even taking this seriously because this announcement has significant impacts on existing raid groups that ALREADY coordinated for 12man and your new annoucement basically made EVERYONE throw their plan.
Beside your incompetence. Where is the logic of introducing 24man and eventually change to 12man in 3-4 weeks to 1 month+ ? it takes great deal to restructure the group to 12 man from 24man.  and to do that in such short period.

We as the community are seriously dissapointed at you.

This is absolutely the worst thing you could've done. Everyone had already prepared for the 12man raids, and now you'll have to raid with 24 knowing that 12 will have to go when the patch actually comes out
It's absolutely ridiculous and there is no reason to delay it like that

Leave it 24 man for months or have it come out as 12 man. This is the kind of screw up you guys do constantly that sours your community and has taken this game from 16 servers NA to 6 in 8 months after release, to now being 2 servers NA after hardly a year and a half.

3 minutes ago, SsjShaco said:

It's fake guys wtf wrong with you HIME isn't even NCSOFT employee she's register as guest calm down 

block and report that HIME

Its not. She did public announcements in the past and shes on the devtracker... just her title is kinda weird, thats all. 

Okay, Jonathan please read this.

STOP letting the forum plebs make posts containing 3 goddamned sentences. Start making proper patch notes in advance instead of this  where the forum lord of night shifts ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s up, and one of you guys working daytime has to clean up the mess. I mean COME ON.

My goodness, you all are making this a big deal for no reason. This announcement was put out literally a day ago and was told a day later that it'll be a little later for the 12man raid to come out.

Now remind me, how is this ruining anyone's experience? I'm pretty sure no clan has done a whole revamp of their raid within a day and even if they did, it just means they'll have to use that raid setup a little later when the 12man raids come rather than on the 16th.

Damn you guys literally look for any reason to try and blow up on NCwest for any and all things. Big or small.

Archived