what is the point of these useless delay tactics

pikapikapika

every time i open a chest, i takes 2 sec; every time i receive an item in the mail, it takes 2 sec to unpack.  WTH is the point of these useless tactics?  Is it some kind of bot prevention mechanism?  cuz if you did not get the memo, bots do not use GUI mode.

also, why on earth does it take 1 sec for me to cast "true friend" when it says "instant cast" ?!?!?  nothing to do with ping, i have excellent ping.  Sunflower used to have the same problem, but was fixed after global cd xms reset.

I am fed up with this pointless intentional delay crap.

6 hours ago, pikapikapika said:

every time i open a chest, i takes 2 sec; every time i receive an item in the mail, it takes 2 sec to unpack.  WTH is the point of these useless tactics?  Is it some kind of bot prevention mechanism?  cuz if you did not get the memo, bots do not use GUI mode.

also, why on earth does it take 1 sec for me to cast "true friend" when it says "instant cast" ?!?!?  nothing to do with ping, i have excellent ping.  Sunflower used to have the same problem, but was fixed after global cd xms reset.

I feel ya, Pika. I have never liked it in ANY video game where I just HAD to have a "cast bar" for opening something or interacting with something. If it's a letter, a container in my inventory, or those dumb experience charms that you might get 10 or more of the green, really low level kind that take like three uses for you to even see your exp move at Hongmoon Level 11. It's like on an offline video game, when you see that it's advertised as having like "40 hours" of playtime, if you do not do sidequests or other extra-curricular activities - the opening of containers itself or interacting door knobs that take like 3 seconds each to open make it seem like at least 10 hours go to that useless "time-gated" content. The Daily Dash could ALL be done at once without a cooldown, and ultimately, you'd still only have three (Or six in the case of the Daily Dash we recently had for a while.) a day to "gamble" with. Setting them one hour apart or 20 minutes apart are both unnecessary, in my opinion. For that matter, this is one of the few games where I have ever seen such ridiculous crafting times. It takes TWENTY real life hours to find a "Sweet Potato" in-game, and the same goes for a "Sequoia Sap". It takes five hours to make the respective components for each tradeskills "crafting outfit". Want to make the outfits or the adornments themselves...? Those take 24 real life hours. --And the whole "buy one per day" event token, whether it's for free or for one NCoin/HMcoin is pretty silly too. If it's for cosmetic items, which is usually what my main goal entails with all BNS events, I don't want to wait for two more weeks in order to save up just enough tokens for the outfit and any adornments. If they have to make money off of an event, I'd rather they let me buy resets to the dungeon(s) that would drop the event tokens instead of making me wait to get more from time-consuming daily challenges, barely doable "weekly challenges", and the weekly quest that... takes a WEEK to be able to do again. When they event gives us less than a month to get the tokens we need, they need to have better, speedier means for acquiring these dumb things.

--But yes, the little bags we open at the end of a dungeon, and all of those ridiculous chests, and then packing away all the stuff we want to keep in our inventory, and selling all the useless junk like the basic "drink" item with the ridiculously long cooldown (I ALWAYS use "Fortune Potion"), and low level soul shields that I don't care to salvage, because salvaging has a cast bar, as well, AND you have to type "Salvage", with a capital letter 'S', then hit enter to watch the cast bar do its thing.

It's a slow, tedious process, and you spend more time managing your inventory because of these needlessly slow processes.

Just let us open containers, chests, bags, etc. instantaneously.

Get rid of the crazy crafting times.

A door knob/handle does NOT take three or six seconds to interact with in the real world...

--And regaining your chi... When you get "K.O.'d", and you have the chance to CRAWL away from an enemy's aggro range - THAT amount of slowness with the crawling is probably THE most irritating thing in this game for me, other than the silly amount of CC'ing allowed in PVP. Don't give me a 30-60 second timer or whatever to gather my chi to get back into the fight if I have to take LONGER just to slowly crawl to safety, especially if I can only do it once.

It's bad enough that when you die, that this is almost a waste of time when MOST bosses have aoes that will hit you soon after, even if you did not have to crawl any distance, with party members distracting the boss, making it look the other way. At the very least, while I'm in crawling mode, make it so I can't be HIT by aoes, so I can get back into the fight.

This game is not "comeback" friendly at all, and it makes no sense. In PVP, once you get into someone's constant CC'ing combos, you might as well just sit back and enjoy the show as they combo you to death like an old school "Killer Instinct" game, because even if you escape ONE move of theirs, they will always have more CC than you have escapes for.

I could go on and on, but this is just some of the stuff in BNS that makes the game severely less fun for me. I only do PVE, I don't like certain basic mechanics that could be done away with as QOL adjustments, and PVP just isn't fair for people who play classes with constant CC'ing.

That's just me, though.

For anyone who wants to "white knight" for the company or the game, you're entitled to like what you like as I am entitled to dislike what I dislike. So in advance, let's agree to disagree without having to trade hateful remarks. Thanks for reading.^^;

I get your points and I can agree to all of them. Even so, I think I'm just accustomed and didn't really pay attention.

For the "S"alvaje, " D"iscard and "U"se, I'm pretty sure there is an option to disable them but I prefer to keep them activated...just in case.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:18 PM, Jospx said:

I get your points and I can agree to all of them. Even so, I think I'm just accustomed and didn't really pay attention.

For the "S"alvaje, " D"iscard and "U"se, I'm pretty sure there is an option to disable them but I prefer to keep them activated...just in case.

You can Disable Text Confirmation in Settings > Game > Interface > Remove tick from ''Require Text Confirmation when Discarding Heroic and Evolved Items''.

I have it disabled mostly for Discarding items. There is nothing more annoying then having to type to Discard something. especially When you discard so many items daily. 

On 7/27/2017 at 4:10 AM, pikapikapika said:

every time i open a chest, i takes 2 sec; every time i receive an item in the mail, it takes 2 sec to unpack.  WTH is the point of these ueless tactics?  Is it some kind of bot prevention mechanism?  cuz if you did not get the memo, bots do not use GUI mode.

also, why on earth does it take 1 sec for me to cast "true friend" when it says "instant cast" ?!?!?  nothing to do with ping, i have excellent ping. Sunflower used to have the same problem, but was fixed after global cd xms reset.

You buy something from f10, the item becomes account bound, which means you bought it you can receive it from any character, that's why you have to redeem it twice from mail. It's not stupid.

you can't complain about your skill if it's already doing what it's suppose to do...

Archived